Go Back  British Expats > General > Take it Outside!
Reload this Page >

President Trump

President Trump

Old Sep 29th 2018, 3:28 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Giantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: President Trump

Originally Posted by zargof View Post
Yeah, but the hearings were all Kabuki theatre and the GOP are going to confirm Kavanaugh regardless of whatever happened. Flakey's FBI stunt is just to provide cover for Collins et al., for when they eventually vote yes.
Well yes, sure, but...

"But despite the 220-191 vote, largely along party lines, the Senate is unlikely to pass it because of solid Democratic opposition there."

House votes to make individual tax cuts and cap on state and local tax deductions permanent - Los Angeles Times
Old Sep 29th 2018, 10:17 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Giantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond repute

Why the FBI investigation is predictably going to be a joke. they are'nt even allowed to investigate whether Judge was employed by Safeway at the time Dr Ford alleges she saw Judge. That strikes me a s a vital piece of corroborating evidence:

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/pol...-brett-n915061
Old Sep 29th 2018, 11:15 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Giantaxe View Post
Why the FBI investigation is predictably going to be a joke. they are'nt even allowed to investigate whether Judge was employed by Safeway at the time Dr Ford alleges she saw Judge. That strikes me a s a vital piece of corroborating evidence:

I think it would have been naive to expect anything different from Trump. I felt sure he would handcuff the investigation in any way he could.
Old Sep 30th 2018, 11:08 am
BE Forum Addict

Ingles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond repute

Did Trump meet with Rosenstein on Thursday ?

He knew Brett Kavanaugh in the "old day's"
http://dailysoundandfury.com/2018-09...m_campaign=tti

Last edited by Ingles; Sep 30th 2018 at 11:17 am.
Old Sep 30th 2018, 5:43 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Giantaxe View Post

This is why I didn't join in the celebration. "Narrow in scope" was all I had to hear. I'll celebrate when (if) something actually happens.

Fellow students are already speaking out about Kavanaugh's multiple perjuries regarding his drinking. He's clearly lying and individuals who were there, and who are not necessarily commenting on his predatory sexual history, are willing to testify under oath about his excessive drinking. This itself is disqualifying.
Old Sep 30th 2018, 6:05 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

I can see why Lindsey Graham (aka Melania's sister-wife) is defending Kavanaugh's drinking --- Graham looks like he's half in the bag most of the time.
Old Sep 30th 2018, 6:10 pm
Reasonable Bitch

amideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dakota44 View Post
I think it would have been naive to expect anything different from Trump. I felt sure he would handcuff the investigation in any way he could.
My guess is that Jeff convinced him that this was his best out. Give it all the appearance of being transparent, while strangling the investigation behind the scenes. We've already had most of the evidence thrown out, the other accusers and witnesses won't be called to testify. It'll only take a week, Don. Then we can rest easy.

And that would explain why Trump is so relaxed about it. He already knows the outcome.
Old Sep 30th 2018, 7:21 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by amideislas View Post
My guess is that Jeff convinced him that this was his best out. Give it all the appearance of being transparent, while strangling the investigation behind the scenes. We've already had most of the evidence thrown out, the other accusers and witnesses won't be called to testify. It'll only take a week, Don. Then we can rest easy.

And that would explain why Trump is so relaxed about it. He already knows the outcome.
I wouldn't be surprised by any of the maneuverings that are going on behind the scenes but both sides are doing it, it's a circus.
Old Sep 30th 2018, 7:25 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by paulry View Post
I wouldn't be surprised by any of the maneuverings that are going on behind the scenes but both sides are doing it, it's a circus.
it may be a circus but there are a heck of a lot of allegations about his drinking etc in addition to the allegations of sexual assault. And the people making the allegations are prepared to testify and make statements under penalty of perjury. That part is not a circus.
Old Sep 30th 2018, 7:36 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paulry View Post
You mean there are very fine people on both sides?
Old Sep 30th 2018, 7:57 pm
I love my brick!

zargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond repute

A question that hasn't got nearly enough coverage is who paid off Kavanaugh's debts? A couple of hundred grand in 2016 that went away by the next year. Seems dodgy...

https://www.motherjones.com/politics/2018/09/the-many-mysteries-of-brett-kavanaughs-finances/
Old Sep 30th 2018, 8:00 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond repute

A question that hasn't got nearly enough coverage is who paid off Kavanaugh's debts? A couple of hundred grand in 2016 that went away by the next year. Seems dodgy...

https://www.motherjones.com/politics...ughs-finances/
yes, that was conveniently dodged by the Repubs.
Old Sep 30th 2018, 8:09 pm
WTF?

Oh I'm sure it will all be looked at very closely by the FBI.
Old Sep 30th 2018, 8:37 pm
Reasonable Bitch

amideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Leslie View Post
Oh I'm sure it will all be looked at very closely by the FBI.
All sarcasm aside, I'm sure it will be. They're likely to unearth lots of stuff. But it won't be "relevant" to the narrow focus of this case.
Old Oct 1st 2018, 1:24 am
Unedicated dropout

zzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond repute

Bank of mom and pop are the most probable answer, especially for a spoilt rich kid.

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.