Go Back  British Expats > General > Take it Outside!
Reload this Page >

President Trump.

President Trump.

Old Sep 20th 2018, 3:36 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute
Default re: President Trump.

Trump has moved a quarter of a billion dollars from cancer and AIDS research in order to pay for his child jails.

Apparently there is a (not so secret) secret Ministry of Evil Deeds whose sole missions is to just dream up new ways to be cruel to the most vulnerable people in the US. They got a 2-Fer with this one. Stephen Miller and Cheeto sitting around, eating cheeseburgers, trying to decide who they hate more .... immigrant children or cancer victims. Decisions, decisions.
Old Sep 20th 2018, 3:41 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Leslie View Post
Trump has moved a quarter of a billion dollars from cancer and AIDS research in order to pay for his child jails.

Apparently there is a (not so secret) secret Ministry of Evil Deeds whose sole missions is to just dream up new ways to be cruel to the most vulnerable people in the US. They got a 2-Fer with this one. Stephen Miller and Cheeto sitting around, eating cheeseburgers, trying to decide who they hate more .... immigrant children or cancer victims. Decisions, decisions.
It's also being bled from programs for mental health and women's shelters.
Old Sep 20th 2018, 3:44 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter View Post
It's also being bled from programs for mental health and women's shelters.
And FEMA.
Old Sep 20th 2018, 3:51 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

And FEMA.
The important thing is that those illegal children will be locked up. That'll teach them.
Old Sep 20th 2018, 3:58 pm
WTF?

The important thing is that those illegal children will be locked up. That'll teach them.
And if that doesn't teach them ... you can always shackle them:

According to an individual who worked for the firm contracted to run the child-jails.:

"Many times, he said, the children had to be physically restrained by staffers. Training for situations requiring restraint increased in frequency when the younger children started showing up. "

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/is...y-458-million/
Old Sep 20th 2018, 4:16 pm

And if that doesn't teach them ... you can always shackle them:

According to an individual who worked for the firm contracted to run the child-jails.:

"Many times, he said, the children had to be physically restrained by staffers. Training for situations requiring restraint increased in frequency when the younger children started showing up. "

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/is...y-458-million/
Samuel L. Jackson has it right.

This country could be so much better than that.
Old Sep 20th 2018, 9:27 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond repute

The inhumane behaviour continues as ICE is now arresting undocumented people who come forward to provide homes for children in ICE custody.

https://www-m.cnn.com/2018/09/20/pol...www.cnn.com%2F

Last edited by dakota44; Sep 20th 2018 at 9:29 pm.
Old Sep 21st 2018, 2:46 pm
WTF?

It was only a matter of time before Trump started running his fat mouth about Kavanaugh's accuser.

She would have called the police if it was "as bad as she says it was" says Trump. So, basically he's saying that it is totally believable that it happened, it just wasn't all that bad. So, if it wasn't "that bad" then why is your boy-o lying about it?
Old Sep 21st 2018, 2:56 pm
I love my brick!

zargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond repute

It was only a matter of time before Trump started running his fat mouth about Kavanaugh's accuser.

She would have called the police if it was "as bad as she says it was" says Trump. So, basically he's saying that it is totally believable that it happened, it just wasn't all that bad. So, if it wasn't "that bad" then why is your boy-o lying about it?
Just curious how many of the women Trump grabbed by the pussy called the police?

This whole thing about why don't victims say something sooner is just shown to be bullshit yet again. Time and again victims are crucified by the media and the accuser's supporters when they do come forward. It turns what has already been a horrific experience into something much worse.
Old Sep 21st 2018, 3:36 pm
WTF?

Originally Posted by zargof View Post
Just curious how many of the women Trump grabbed by the pussy called the police?

This whole thing about why don't victims say something sooner is just shown to be bullshit yet again. Time and again victims are crucified by the media and the accuser's supporters when they do come forward. It turns what has already been a horrific experience into something much worse.
This whole thing is so twisted.

I am the same age as Kavanaugh and Ford. I grew up in exactly the same era in the US. When I tell younger people about how wild and permissive my teenage years were, they are shocked. Most parents didn't know WTF any of us were doing at any given time. The rest of the parents did know what we were doing but didn't care because they were up to pretty much the same thing. Unprotected sex, drugs and alcohol were SOP. It was a total blast. However, it was then, as it still is now, a patriarchal system. Boys who slept around were elevated and girls who slept around were slutty whores. Aggressive behavior from boys was never checked. If a girl would have tried to "report" on a boy, she would have been warned off by her own parents, not to mention what the cops, teachers, and other parents would do to her. If a girl accused a boy of anything it would immediately get turned around on her. "Why were you there? What were you wearing? How much did you have to drink? Are you a virgin? If you go through with this, you'll ruin his life." Blah blah blah ...

I heard a reporting of some silly GOP cow saying something like, "What boy hasn't done this in high school?" My answer is simple, most boys didn't do this in high school. Most boys were nice, normal and painfully awkward. But there were always some rapey ones around. It wasn't even a secret. I had an eerily similar experience as what to happened Ford. Similar in that there were two of them, because they encourage and show-off for each other, and that I barely got out of there intact. In all of my many, many youthful indiscretions (and there were many throughout the 80s and 90s) this particular thing only happened to me one time. I didn't tell anybody. I didn't call the police. I couldn't tell you the address of the house but I could describe the room that it happened in, in great detail. I can also still tell you the name of the two boys ... both who are now in their early 50s.

The sad thing about this is that Kavanaugh is denying it and calling her a liar. I think anybody with a functioning brain knows that she is not lying. If he would say something like, "I wish I could go back in time and grab that 17 year old version of me by the neck and kick his ass. Ms. Ford didn't deserve that but there's nothing I can do about it now except apologize and tell her how ashamed I am that I ever behaved like that. Drunk or not, it was wrong."

It's not that difficult to be a normal human being.

Last edited by Leslie; Sep 21st 2018 at 3:45 pm.
Old Sep 21st 2018, 3:38 pm

This whole thing is so twisted.

I am the same age as Kavanaugh and Ford. I grew up in exactly the same era in the US. When I tell younger people about how wild and permissive my teenage years were, they are shocked. Most parents didn't know WTF any of us were doing at any given time. The rest of the parents did know what we were doing but didn't care because they were up to pretty much the same thing. Unprotected sex, drugs and alcohol were SOP. It was a total blast. However, it was then, as it still is now, a patriarchal system. Boys who slept around were elevated and girls who slept around were slutty whores. Aggressive behavior from boys was never checked. If a girl would have tried to "report" on a boy, she would have been warned off by her own parents, not to mention what the cops, teachers, and other parents would do to her. If a girl accused a boy of anything it would immediately get turned around on her. "Why were you there? What were you wearing? How much did you have to drink? Are you a virgin? If you go through with this, you'll ruin his life." Blah blah blah ...

I heard a reporting of some silly GOP cow saying something like, "What boy hasn't done this in high school?" My answer is simple, most boys didn't do this in high school. Most boys were nice, normal and painfully awkward. But there were always some rapey ones around. It wasn't even a secret. I had an eerily similar experience as what to happened Ford. Similar in that there were two of them, because they encourage and show-off for each other, and that I barely got out of there in tact. In all of my many, many youthful indiscretions (and there many throughout the 80s and 90s) this particular thing only happened to me one time. I didn't tell anybody. I didn't call the police. I couldn't tell you the address of the house but I could describe the room that it happened in, in great detail. I can also still tell you the name of the two boys ... both who are now in their early 50s.

The sad thing about this is that Kavanaugh is denying it and calling her a liar. I think anybody with a functioning brain knows that she is not lying. If he would say something like, "I wish I could go back in time and grab that 17 year old version of me by the neck and kick his ass. Ms. Ford didn't deserve that but there's nothing I can do about it now except apologize and tell her how ashamed I am that I ever behaved like that. Drunk or not, it was wrong."

It's not that difficult to be a normal human being.

My boy didn't do that in high school.

I know he's only 18, but can we put him on the Supreme Court? He doesn't find molesting women to be sexually stimulating at all.
Old Sep 21st 2018, 3:49 pm
WTF?

My boy didn't do that in high school.

I know he's only 18, but can we put him on the Supreme Court? He doesn't find molesting women to be sexually stimulating at all.
Neither did my brother. But I did have an older cousin who was very much like this. There was a point in time where my parents decided not let him come over to hang around with us anymore. Nobody ever put a check on him though. He was big, athletic, good looking and physically ahead of most of the other boys. He was pretty much exalted.
Old Sep 21st 2018, 4:02 pm
WTF?

If anybody is still confused about why women don't report ... go read the president's ****ing twitter feed. This is the President of the United States.

I wonder why he's not shaming all of the boys who were raped by priests and didn't say a word for decades? I mean, if it had really been that bad they would have told their "loving parents" and filed a police report right? I demand to see those police reports.
Old Sep 21st 2018, 4:06 pm
I love my brick!

zargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond repute

If the guy was drunk, well you can't blame him, he was drunk. If the girl was drunk, well it's her fault, she should have known better. It's insane.
Old Sep 21st 2018, 4:22 pm

If anybody is still confused about why women don't report ... go read the president's ****ing twitter feed. This is the President of the United States.

I wonder why he's not shaming all of the boys who were raped by priests and didn't say a word for decades? I mean, if it had really been that bad they would have told their "loving parents" and filed a police report right? I demand to see those police reports.
I'm sure the boys were all exaggerating. There were some fine people on both sides.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.