Go Back  British Expats > General > Take it Outside!
Reload this Page >

President Trump.

President Trump.

Old Jul 7th 2018, 4:19 pm
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute
Default re: President Trump.

Originally Posted by Leslie View Post
It was helpful in that I knew which day it was and didn't claim it was happening live 24 hours after it had actually happened.

My opinion about Trump demanding racial purity tests for American citizens? I'm pretty comfortable in saying that it's not a good policy. Somehow, I'm not surprised that you've suddenly become not-so-obsessed with "identity politics" though.
Ah so you were secretly watching it then?

Why do you say it's not a good policy? What does it have to do with identity politics?
Old Jul 7th 2018, 4:26 pm
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

Less than one post per year --- which I overestimated. A moderator reported that it was more like one post per every twelve years. This is what you said in post #15179:

" Anyway, I'm sure you've done your fair share of reporting posts over the years "

This is an untrue statement. So, I'll ask you again, why did you lie about me?
By your own self-declaration you said 10. Are you saying you lied?
Old Jul 7th 2018, 4:29 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paulry View Post
Ah so you were secretly watching it then?

Why do you say it's not a good policy? What does it have to do with identity politics?
I had a show set for recording and they aired most of the rally. I watched a good bit of it the next day --- yet I knew it had happened the night before unlike some people on this thread. I don't have to "secretly watch" anything, what does that even mean? You really do twist everything around in a sick way and try to project your slimy way of thinking onto other people. I refer you to post #15167 where I said this:

" ... I've had a chance to watch some of his most recent "rally" and that was no YUGE crowd. I hope some intrepid reporter gets a head count for us. If crowd size matters (and it always has before in Trump's books) then I'd like to know how big his crowds are now as opposed to before when he became president.

"Identity politics (made up fetish phrase) much? In Trump's speech he called for a DNA purity test to establish Elizabeth Warren's true race and attacked a movement whose mission is to expose institutionalized sexual assault and rape. If you don't want the conversation to be about race and gender --- stop making the conversation be about race and gender...."

It's hardly "secret watching" when I'm the one who volunteered the information, is it?
Old Jul 7th 2018, 4:35 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

By your own self-declaration you said 10. Are you saying you lied?
Yeah, that's the ticket. I'm the liar and I over report other posters. That's why the mods are so fed up with me that they had to publicly humiliate me by exposing the fact that I run to tell teacher every 5 minutes. . You're the victim who wouldn't say boo to a goose.

You can continue this conversation with yourself, it's obvious nobody else's presence is required in your fevered dream.
Old Jul 7th 2018, 4:42 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, that's the ticket. I'm the liar and I over report other posters. That's why the mods are so fed up with me that they had to publicly humiliate me by exposing the fact that I run to tell teacher every 5 minutes. . You're the victim who wouldn't say boo to a goose.

You can continue this conversation with yourself, it's obvious nobody else's presence is required in your fevered dream.
I didn’t publicly humiliate him. My post was aimed at an unnamed member. It could have applied to several people in this thread. He chose to out himself.
Old Jul 7th 2018, 4:45 pm
WTF?

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl View Post
I didn’t publicly humiliate him. My post was aimed at an unnamed member. It could have applied to several people in this thread. He chose to out himself.
That is absolutely true. And I didn't say anything to him until he outed himself --- I didn't know for sure who you were talking about. Clearly he had a guilty conscience and his humiliation was of his own making.
Old Jul 7th 2018, 4:54 pm
Banned

I had a show set for recording and they aired most of the rally. I watched a good bit of it the next day --- yet I knew it had happened the night before unlike some people on this thread. I don't have to "secretly watch" anything, what does that even mean? You really do twist everything around in a sick way and try to project your slimy way of thinking onto other people. I refer you to post #15167 where I said this:

" ... I've had a chance to watch some of his most recent "rally" and that was no YUGE crowd. I hope some intrepid reporter gets a head count for us. If crowd size matters (and it always has before in Trump's books) then I'd like to know how big his crowds are now as opposed to before when he became president.

"Identity politics (made up fetish phrase) much? In Trump's speech he called for a DNA purity test to establish Elizabeth Warren's true race and attacked a movement whose mission is to expose institutionalized sexual assault and rape. If you don't want the conversation to be about race and gender --- stop making the conversation be about race and gender...."

It's hardly "secret watching" when I'm the one who volunteered the information, is it?
Good for you for watching it, I'm genuinely pleased. Me? I can only watch that kind of thing for 5 or 10 minutes or so at a time to see roughly what's going on, but it all seemed like a very jolly affair, everyone smiling and happy and cheering.

I'm glad you reposted the above because I wanted to ask you to explain why you see identity politics as a "made up fetish phrase"? Thinking I might have missed something obvious I did my own googling for the words "identity politics made up fetish phrase". Below are the top 3 results that were returned. But no mention on google of "made up fetish phrase". So are these what you mean?

https://medium.com/s/liberal-illiber...s-21ceb5514acd

https://www.salon.com/2017/09/02/tim...e-agenda-down/

https://www.reddit.com/r/JordanPeter...tity_politics/
Old Jul 7th 2018, 4:58 pm
Banned

That is absolutely true. And I didn't say anything to him until he outed himself --- I didn't know for sure who you were talking about. Clearly he had a guilty conscience and his humiliation was of his own making.
Wow
Old Jul 7th 2018, 5:04 pm
Resident Cynic

macliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond repute

Hmmm, was busy watching a match on TV. Just read through the comments since my last ...... nothing new.

Sadiq Khan, a left-of-centre British Muslim who happens to be Mayor of a city with a population greater than many countries, but with limited control over the resources necessary to manage it, has approved a request to fly a blimp over Westminster. AFAIK it will now need permission from the Met and other agencies before it can take place. The comb-over cowboy and his offspring laid into Khan at the time of the terrorist attacks in London and tweeted total shite about him, quoting him out of context. Even Tories in the UK protested at the smear tactics employed. Khan has (rightly) criticised the racist focus of US "policy" emanating from the White House and said very early on that he would not want to see the creature who currently occupies the position of POTUS in London.

The orange narcissist is going to avoid London as far as possible, because he simply can't accept any crowd that doesn't want to whoop and cheer at every inane statement that falls from his lips and, unlike the "yuuge" venue shown in the link, that he can't manage to stack with his own supporters. Most entertainers would be embarrassed to be playing a 6,600 seat stadium at this stage in their acting careers.

Khan has not yet delivered on the promises made in his campaign, because, as Mayor, he is limited to impacting only those areas under his direct control and within the limit of the funding that he is granted by a hostile government where his predecessor has considerable influence. It is not in the interests of the Tory government or its supporters for a Labour politician to be successful. Khan is also at odds with the current labour leadership, so there is a certain amount of internecine conflict there. His promise to "freeze" public transport costs in London was ill-judged as he does not have the levers of power to make it so - fares from TfL, where he does have control are frozen, but he has little power over private companies. His promise to build houses has also proven difficult at a time where money is tight and where private companies are unwilling to "invest" in building social housing where their ability to stag prices driven by a shortage housing is constrained. He has, however, overseen new policies relating to the refurbishment of current housing stock, largely outsourced by previous administrations. But, let's not let any practical constraints stand in the way of knocking a moderate left-winger, eh?

Trump will fly into Stansted, an airport well outside London and seek photo opportunities he can control and a visit to his private interests in Scotland at the expense of the US taxpayer - and at a cost to the British taxpayer due to his demands for "protection" against anyone who might wish to criticise him. Americans are welcome. The President of the USA is welcome. Donald Trump is not.
Old Jul 7th 2018, 6:10 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

mrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond repute

The administration is now going after US citizens and army personel.

https://www.theroot.com/trump-create...e-d-1827372139

https://www.dcourier.com/news/2018/j...ng-immigrant-/
Old Jul 7th 2018, 7:54 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mrken30 View Post
What a waste of resources.
Old Jul 7th 2018, 8:08 pm
Who - me?

Red Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl View Post
Actually, up until then I thought it was Donald!!
Old Jul 7th 2018, 8:28 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Red Eric View Post
Actually, up until then I thought it was Donald!!
That's all we need, Donald moaning about BE on Twitter.
Old Jul 7th 2018, 9:35 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

mrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter View Post
What a waste of resources.
He's good at spending other people's money.

MAGA Make America Greedy Again
Old Jul 7th 2018, 9:50 pm
idealist

stevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond repute

I hate to burst your bubble but wouldn't you get blown away by inflation?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.