British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Take it Outside! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/take-outside-67/)
-   -   President Trump (https://britishexpats.com/forum/take-outside-67/president-trump-860270/)

magnumpi Jun 17th 2015 12:59 pm

President Trump
 
Could he actually make it to president? If so, who would he fire ;)

Former Lancastrian Jun 17th 2015 1:35 pm

Re: President Trump
 
I foresee a new reality TV series

Are you the next Secretary of Defence or Director of the CIA?

If I had a spare fiver Id bet No on him becoming the next President.

magnumpi Jun 17th 2015 2:02 pm

Re: President Trump
 
Stranger things have happened

On this day in History, “The Terminator” becomes “The Governator” of California on Nov 17, 2003.

amideislas Jun 17th 2015 2:24 pm

Re: President Trump
 
It will be an entertaining battle;

Hilary, Jeb and whoever else signs up to 'save' the country from the complete and utter economic/social/moral/policy/security apocalypse caused by the wholly incompetent and evil Obama administration - a message which Americans will start to be barraged with in the campaign press over the next year, just like every election year.

It isn't unique to the US - I seem to remember up until about 3 months before the UK elections, it was widely claimed by Miliband that the UK was a complete and utter economic disaster - even as the economic data kept pouring in proving otherwise. But 3 months just wasn't enough time to spin his campaign in a completely different way, and he just didn't have enough credible whinging about much else, and it ultimately backfired on him. Badly.

No doubt both Hilary and Jeb have top-grade, world-class spinners at work formulating the next imminent American apocalypse that only they can solve. It's gonna be entertaining, yes.

Back to topic:
Yeah, I'll give Trump odds of about 1 in 30 million. About the same as his slot machines in Atlantic City.

Shard Jun 17th 2015 3:59 pm

Re: President Trump
 
That's a bit OTT on Obama. His healthcare reforms were an achievement, even if some of the wider changes he promised were hard to deliver. Trump, on the other hand, is a complete chump.

magnumpi Jun 17th 2015 4:16 pm

Re: President Trump
 
He wants Mexico to pay for a wall and says they send all the crap Mexicans to the U.S. Though he did go on to say a few maybe ok

That's half the U.S. Population vote gone.

Still there is at least the idiot vote so that's the South vote garenteed ;)


Quote

On Mexican immigrants: "When Mexico sends its people, they're not sending their best [sic]. They're sending people that have lots of problems. They're bringing drugs. They're bringing crime. They're rapists."

I will build a great, great wall on our southern border, and I will make Mexico pay for that wall. Mark my words."

Oink Jun 17th 2015 4:38 pm

Re: President Trump
 

Originally Posted by magnumpi (Post 11677586)
He wants Mexico to pay for a wall and says they send all the crap Mexicans to the U.S. Though he did go on to say a few maybe ok

That's half the U.S. Population vote gone.

Still there is at least the idiot vote so that's the South vote garenteed ;)


Quote

On Mexican immigrants: "When Mexico sends its people, they're not sending their best [sic]. They're sending people that have lots of problems. They're bringing drugs. They're bringing crime. They're rapists."

I will build a great, great wall on our southern border, and I will make Mexico pay for that wall. Mark my words."

Can Canada have one too? :fingerscrossed:

Shard Jun 17th 2015 4:39 pm

Re: President Trump
 

Originally Posted by magnumpi (Post 11677586)
He wants Mexico to pay for a wall and says they send all the crap Mexicans to the U.S. Though he did go on to say a few maybe ok

That's half the U.S. Population vote gone.

Still there is at least the idiot vote so that's the South vote garenteed ;)


Quote

On Mexican immigrants: "When Mexico sends its people, they're not sending their best [sic]. They're sending people that have lots of problems. They're bringing drugs. They're bringing crime. They're rapists."

I will build a great, great wall on our southern border, and I will make Mexico pay for that wall. Mark my words."

He's just playing pantomime villain for publicity, methinks. Even he can't be that stupid.

magnumpi Jun 17th 2015 4:42 pm

Re: President Trump
 
Scary thing is this crap is what Americans love to hear, all but the Mexican American

Shard Jun 17th 2015 4:45 pm

Re: President Trump
 

Originally Posted by magnumpi (Post 11677622)
Scary thing is this crap is what Americans love to hear, all but the Mexican American

True. See Post #7. :)

magnumpi Jun 17th 2015 4:48 pm

Re: President Trump
 

Originally Posted by Shard (Post 11677624)
True. See Post #7. :)

Point taken

Plus

A guy called in on the radio today, said he Is a US citizen who lives in Canada and has a vote but never used it. He said he will 100% use it to vote Trump, thinking about it? Wonder if Oink was on the phone earlier?

Oink Jun 17th 2015 4:55 pm

Re: President Trump
 

Originally Posted by magnumpi (Post 11677628)
Point taken

Plus

A guy called in on the radio today, said he Is a US citizen who lives in Canada and has a vote but never used it. He said he will 100% use it to vote Trump, thinking about it? Wonder if Oink was on the phone earlier?

What's it got to do with me? I'm not registered as a Rep or a Dem so I have no vote in any primary. Plus I'm advocating for a wall to keep the septics out from coming up here not the other way round. There were loads of them downtown yesterday, although on positive note it was mostly crumpet.

Shard Jun 17th 2015 5:05 pm

Re: President Trump
 
Can't really go wrong with crumpet.

Oink Jun 17th 2015 5:07 pm

Re: President Trump
 

Originally Posted by Shard (Post 11677645)
Can't really go wrong with crumpet.

Its my new Makes You Talk Like an Early 1970s Sitcom app. ;)

Shard Jun 17th 2015 5:14 pm

Re: President Trump
 

Originally Posted by Oink (Post 11677649)
Its my new Makes You Talk Like an Early 1970s Sitcom app. ;)

Smashing ;)


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:22 am.

Powered by vBulletin: ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.