Go Back  British Expats > General > Take it Outside!
Reload this Page >

President Elect Biden

President Elect Biden

Old Oct 13th 2020, 9:32 am
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute
Default re: President Elect Biden

Originally Posted by Red Eric View Post
I wonder why the Republicans have concentrated their illegal efforts at voter suppression against those very groups, then?
Yes, well I've asked paulry what his definition of the Trump "landslide" he's predicting is, what he'd say if it failed to materialise and, more particularly, what he'd say if the early count results show Trump ahead but he's subsequently overtaken as the later counting is completed. I like to be prepared.
Except I'm not the one with history of crying foul when it hasn't gone my way. Are you sure it's not you who is prepping up for that?
Old Oct 13th 2020, 9:33 am
BE Enthusiast

KJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Phathamster View Post
The former, the latter is quite clear..
I believe he is good for the U.S.A.
Old Oct 13th 2020, 9:34 am
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by KJMW View Post
Personally I hope Trump wins the election. Not a popular view here I know.
Understatement of the year!
Old Oct 13th 2020, 9:37 am
Banned

Yep. They're just too close to the problem. Sometimes it takes people in far flung places like France and Australia to tell them the obvious.
Old Oct 13th 2020, 1:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

Phathamster has a reputation beyond reputePhathamster has a reputation beyond reputePhathamster has a reputation beyond reputePhathamster has a reputation beyond reputePhathamster has a reputation beyond reputePhathamster has a reputation beyond reputePhathamster has a reputation beyond reputePhathamster has a reputation beyond reputePhathamster has a reputation beyond reputePhathamster has a reputation beyond reputePhathamster has a reputation beyond repute

how? Or just a gut feeling?

Old Oct 13th 2020, 1:17 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Phathamster View Post
how? Or just a gut feeling?
Key word there is "believe". Faith-based ideology holds fast, despite the obvious chaos, anger, and division sown across the last four years that will take a long, long time to heal.
Old Oct 13th 2020, 2:48 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by old.sparkles View Post
I don't know if all states do early voting, but if you vote early and then die of COVID before election day, does your vote count? I would think not, but do they check?
Originally Posted by Lion in Winter View Post
Logically speaking, I would guess not. Your vote was legally cast within the designated time frame. And I don't see how they could possibly check - the counts would take for ever.
Not according to Trump. If you vote by mail or early, and you're dead, and you vote not Trump, you'll be counted 14 or 15 times at least.
I was going to say it probably depends who you voted for.

Old Oct 13th 2020, 3:01 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dave_j View Post
It's a strange phenomenon that when we have two threads, one labelled 'President Trump' and the other "President Biden', that the Biden thread is all about Trump.
Well, it's natural that at some stage there will be a comparison between the two and then there's bound to be a focus on that aspect on either of two. Alternatively you'd have to make a comparison by mentioning only one in one thread and the other in the other thread and that would be a tad cumbersome.

But when you get
Personally I hope Trump wins the election.
posted, you can't expect that to be ignored.

Old Oct 13th 2020, 3:03 pm
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute

It's a strange phenomenon that when we have two threads, one labelled 'President Trump' and the other "President Biden', that the Biden thread is all about Trump.
Very difficult to have a discussion on one without the other. It's the nature of a competition.
Old Oct 13th 2020, 6:26 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Giantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paulry View Post
Yep. They're just too close to the problem. Sometimes it takes people in far flung places like France and Australia to tell them the obvious.
Except that polls are saying that the US's standing in the rest of the world has plummeted and that its handling of the covid pandemic has been atrocious:

https://www.pewresearch.org/global/2...navirus-badly/

But, hey, two people on the internet say otherwise...
Old Oct 13th 2020, 6:53 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Jsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond repute

I wonder why the Republicans have concentrated their illegal efforts at voter suppression against those very groups, then?

And in California the GOP is doing this. GOP says what they are doing is legal, state officials say what they are doing is not legal.

The California Republican Party has admitted responsibility for placing more than 50 deceptively labeled “official” drop boxes for mail-in ballots in Los Angeles, Fresno and Orange Counties — an action that state officials said was illegal and could lead to voter fraud.

To the average voter, they are virtually indistinguishable from drop-off sites sanctioned by the state, which are governed by strict regulations intended to prevent the partisan manipulation of ballots.

Mr. Trump and his supporters have decried the practice as corrupt when Democrats have been accused of collecting bundles of ballots

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/10/12/u...rop-boxes.html

Last edited by Jsmth321; Oct 13th 2020 at 6:55 pm.
Old Oct 13th 2020, 7:00 pm
So long...

DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paulry View Post
Maybe it's easier to target people in countries that are already right-leaning, because they'll be likely to believe the lies and misrepresentations, and who'll parrot the buzzwords without actually researching the facts....
Old Oct 13th 2020, 7:22 pm
Oscar nominated

Originally Posted by Giantaxe View Post
But, hey, two people on the internet say otherwise...
Always a favourite...

Old Oct 14th 2020, 5:58 am
WWLLCJD?

Scamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond repute

Key word there is "believe". Faith-based ideology holds fast, despite the obvious chaos, anger, and division sown across the last four years that will take a long, long time to heal.
Faith.
Last four years.
Trump.

Are you saying you worship the house of orange and Trumpy is a god?
Old Oct 14th 2020, 8:34 am
Banned

There was a certain arrogance and intolerance revealed there. The suggestion by the one poo-hooing about "believe" or "belief" is those with opinions who articulate them as something "they believe" are flawed - in contrast to the poo-hooer whose opinions are not a beliefs - They're facts!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.