Go Back  British Expats > General > Take it Outside!
Reload this Page >

President Biden?

President Biden?

Old Aug 14th 2020, 2:53 pm
Forum Regular

Jamesy5008 has a reputation beyond reputeJamesy5008 has a reputation beyond reputeJamesy5008 has a reputation beyond reputeJamesy5008 has a reputation beyond reputeJamesy5008 has a reputation beyond reputeJamesy5008 has a reputation beyond reputeJamesy5008 has a reputation beyond reputeJamesy5008 has a reputation beyond reputeJamesy5008 has a reputation beyond reputeJamesy5008 has a reputation beyond reputeJamesy5008 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: President Biden?

Originally Posted by andyrebell View Post
I shall remind you of that when he wins the election. For all my going about Biden I really think he will win the election. It is in the bag if the ticket can stay together and they can win the debates 3-1 or at minimum draw. Harris has to beat Pence while Biden ties Trump winning one, losing one with the remaining one too close to call if he can't beat him 2-1. After all they have pledged to "lead america out of the coronavirus crisis" which will be good considering there has been no real leadership in this crisis hence why Biden has a good chance.
How do you actually 'win' a debate? By it's very nature, it's 2 opposing points of view and neither will concede ground on ANYTHING! Confused.com
Old Aug 14th 2020, 2:55 pm
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute

How do you actually 'win' a debate?
Apparently you have never seen a US Presidential Debate.

All the coverage after the fact will be about who 'won' the debate, even days later as polls on the debate start to publish results.
Old Aug 14th 2020, 3:05 pm
Forum Regular

Jamesy5008 has a reputation beyond reputeJamesy5008 has a reputation beyond reputeJamesy5008 has a reputation beyond reputeJamesy5008 has a reputation beyond reputeJamesy5008 has a reputation beyond reputeJamesy5008 has a reputation beyond reputeJamesy5008 has a reputation beyond reputeJamesy5008 has a reputation beyond reputeJamesy5008 has a reputation beyond reputeJamesy5008 has a reputation beyond reputeJamesy5008 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by civilservant View Post
Apparently you have never seen a US Presidential Debate.

All the coverage after the fact will be about who 'won' the debate, even days later as polls on the debate start to publish results.
Never watched one and luckily I can't get US tv here and even if I could, I'd rather stick pins in my eyes. I've never watched one in the UK either. They are all bluster and little real substance. The only one I would watch would be Nicola Sturgeon wiping the floor with Bojo. Alba Gu Brath!
Old Aug 14th 2020, 4:06 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Steerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by robin1234 View Post
I see a big distinction. Trump and Biden threads are just talking about the Presidential election. 2020 election thread can be about any of the thousands of elections that’ll be happening on Election Day, gubernatorial, senate, house, various state and local offices. (I’ve noticed that foreigners, for instance British people living in the uk, often seem to just be interested in the presidential election as if it’s the only game in town. My sister and bil for instance. I think it’s because in the UK who you vote for as an MP helps decide who will be PM, while in the US, each person running for each office can be independent of the presidential election.)
The fact that the 'Election 2020' thread could be about any of the thousands of elections taking place on the same day - senate, house, etc - is very true, though it was not what I had in mind when I created it. The problem is that almost any post about Trump or about Biden is naturally also about the 2020 election at this point, so information gets spread out. Regardless, this may have a purpose. I presume it will also include chatter about Kamala Harris, since it's about the 'Biden ticket', not just Biden - but almost everything about Kamala is going to be about the 2020 election also. I created it in the US Trailer park intentionally back in 2018 because I wanted to be sure to get input from those most familiar with the US election process. There are subtleties in the US Presidential Election process relating to the Electoral College, swing states, coattails, etc and I wanted to get that insight. At that time, I avoided TIO because it seemed to be nothing but shouting matches. Anyway, it's here now so one more thing to watch!
Old Aug 14th 2020, 4:41 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter View Post
"Pompous" is one of those words where the more you say it, the more ridiculous it sounds.
#3 is a pompous ass troll. I’ve noticed no one responds to his posts anymore.

Last edited by Jerseygirl; Aug 14th 2020 at 5:37 pm.
Old Aug 14th 2020, 4:42 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Steerpike View Post
...I presume it will also include chatter about Kamala Harris, since it's about the 'Biden ticket', not just Biden - but almost everything about Kamala is going to be about the 2020 election also. ...
Good point. I'd go further and include anything Republican related in the Trump thread and anything Democrat related in the Biden thread.
And if it's a Trump attack on Biden (or vice versa) or Harris, then there's no reason why it couldn't be in both.
Old Aug 14th 2020, 5:08 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl View Post
#3 is a pompous troll. I’ve noticed no one responds to his posts anymore.
So is it better to be an ass or a troll?
Old Aug 14th 2020, 5:15 pm
Banned

andyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK View Post
So, as stated previously, you will need to explain how she can become VP and then step into the President's shoes if the bombshell about not being fit for Presidency actually stops him from becoming President in the first place.
The bombshell "October Surprise" only comes out if Pence brings it out in the debate. If he doesn't and Biden's fitness isn't even remarked upon and they go into election night a united force they will probably win.
Old Aug 14th 2020, 5:17 pm
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute

Well dang. I thought you were done until Election Day
Old Aug 14th 2020, 5:23 pm
Banned

andyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond repute

And perhaps I am not so full of crap as you would like to believe. According to Daily Mail link below half of democrat voter in Ramussen reports poll don't think Biden will serve a full term if elected and 59% expect VP pick to become president oh and a fith think he has some form dementia. I don't know if this a republican poll or how the political views are it is just what I found.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...president.html
Old Aug 14th 2020, 5:25 pm
Often not so civil...

Originally Posted by andyrebell View Post
And perhaps I am not so full of crap as you would like to believe. According to Daily Mail link below half of democrat voter in Ramussen reports poll don't think Biden will serve a full term if elected and 59% expect VP pick to become president oh and a fith think he has some form dementia. I don't know if this a republican poll or how the political views are it is just what I found.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...president.html
Nah, you are.

My rationale? You read the Daily Mail. They don't even get UK news right, let alone the US.
Old Aug 14th 2020, 5:38 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter View Post
So is it better to be an ass or a troll?

I forgot about the ass...my post has been edited.
Old Aug 14th 2020, 6:06 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Steerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK View Post
Good point. I'd go further and include anything Republican related in the Trump thread and anything Democrat related in the Biden thread.
And if it's a Trump attack on Biden (or vice versa) or Harris, then there's no reason why it couldn't be in both.
Right - or, it is more appropriate to the 2020 election thread . Honestly, back before the election got started, having a "Trump" thread made sense because we needed a place to discuss his nefarious dealings, his daily stupid outbursts, his (then) shocking lies, etc. But now ... hard to think of anything that is 'Trump' related that is not also 2020 election related. I suppose discussions about trump's hair, and his shower fettish, are still appropriate to the Trump focused thread
Old Aug 14th 2020, 6:17 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Right - or, it is more appropriate to the 2020 election thread . Honestly, back before the election got started, having a "Trump" thread made sense because we needed a place to discuss his nefarious dealings, his daily stupid outbursts, his (then) shocking lies, etc. But now ... hard to think of anything that is 'Trump' related that is not also 2020 election related. I suppose discussions about trump's hair, and his shower fettish, are still appropriate to the Trump focused thread
This is TIO...the 2020 Election thread is in the Trailer Park. If I had wanted this thread to be in the TP, I would have put it in there. The rules are a little more relaxed in here. As it says on the main index page, the discussions In TIO may become heated, enter at your own risk. Now you’ve got me thinking...maybe TIO should have a 2020 Election thread.

If Biden wins the election no doubt we will continue to discuss his presidency in this thread. If he doesn’t the thread will probably wither away.
Old Aug 14th 2020, 6:38 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Right - or, it is more appropriate to the 2020 election thread .
Absolutely, there too.
I took a quick look at the trailer park thread and there are quite a few of you "Americans" posting there and the general section so you might get a bit fed up up of seeing something in two sections and three threads.

It seems there are as many of you as there are of us Canadians, Portuguese, Spanish, French, Belgian, Hungarian, Aussies, New Zealanders....who have I left out?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.