Go Back  British Expats > General > Take it Outside!
Reload this Page >

President Biden?

President Biden?

Old Oct 17th 2020, 11:45 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Jsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: President Biden?

Originally Posted by Giantaxe View Post
Biden btw has acknowledged that his vote for that 1993 crime bill has turned out to be a mistake. That’s what grown ups do: admit errors and try to use their energy to rectify them. This is in complete contrast to Trump who has never apologized, for example, for his campaign to get the Central Park Six executed despite their exoneration a long time ago. It’s one of the boatload of flaws that make Trump completely unsuited to the presidency.
Bill Clinton owned up to the mistake with that bill, admitted him signing that bill made the problem worse.

"I signed a bill that made the problem worse," Clinton told an audience at the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People's annual meeting in Philadelphia. "And I want to admit it."

I for one would like to see complete reform of the US prison system top to bottom.

Old Oct 18th 2020, 2:25 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Shard View Post
Why would you even cling to something Biden said 30 years ago, when you have the Big Orange Moron making far worse comments about people of all stripes in the current time ? It's completely nonsensical to paint Biden as some sort of racist or criminal guy. At worst he's not as sharp as he once was, but on whatever personality dimension, he's clearly more honest and intelligent that the Moron.
We're talking about Biden here, not Trump.

Biden has been in politics for the best part of 50 years and is now seeking election to the highest political office in the land. So as a sign of what is to come, what exactly have been his "achievements" during his political career to justify this promotion? The 1994 Crime Bill is one of his "achievements". Next.
Old Oct 18th 2020, 2:56 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Steerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jsmth321 View Post
Opinions of the US in Canada have dropped to nearly 40 year lows.

https://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/canadi...rvey-1.5146519

Only 6 in 10 Canadian's currently consider the US a friend, down from 9 in 10 during Obama's first term.

63% of Canadian's support Joe Biden.

But then when the US President is calling Canada a national security threat more than once, that tends not to make Canadian's happy.
My first reaction to this is - only 63% ?!
Old Oct 18th 2020, 3:16 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

I've just watched footage of Biden's recent poorly attended drive-in speech, titled: "Joe Biden Gives the Worst Speech Ever". Something fake media didn't show that this video does, is Biden did it with a teleprompter.
Old Oct 18th 2020, 3:56 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

anotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Steerpike View Post
My first reaction to this is - only 63% ?!
Because no one is voting for Biden, we're all voting for Not Trump.

Old Oct 18th 2020, 4:53 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by DaveLovesDee View Post
Biden in 1993 speech pushing crime bill warned of 'predators on our streets' who were 'beyond the pale'

There certainly are predators on the streets who prey on the vulnerable, but he still didn't call them super-predators as per your claim...
Originally Posted by paulry View Post
And the difference between predators and super-predators is exactly?
[DLD] Uh........ [sounds of crickets]
Old Oct 18th 2020, 4:58 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Steerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond repute

[DLD] Uh........ [sounds of crickets]
I'm not sure what you are looking for here. There ARE predators on the street; I don't think that is in dispute. In context, making a statement about there being bad people on the street doesn't seem like a big issue.
Old Oct 18th 2020, 5:06 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Steerpike View Post
I'm not sure what you are looking for here. There ARE predators on the street; I don't think that is in dispute. In context, making a statement about there being bad people on the street doesn't seem like a big issue.
My point is there isn't really any discernible difference between predators and super predators.

The result of the 1994 crime bill that he helped form, was it devastated the black community. And then this year he has the arrogance and cheek to come out with his "you aint black" remark to those black voters who are unsure about whether to vote for him.

Last edited by paulry; Oct 18th 2020 at 5:17 am.
Old Oct 18th 2020, 5:44 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

My point is there isn't really any discernible difference between predators and super predators.

The result of the 1994 crime bill that he helped form, was it devastated the black community. And then this year he has the arrogance and cheek to come out with his "you aint black" remark to those black voters who are unsure about whether to vote for him.
He has admitted that the old crime bill was a bad idea. I don't think it's unreasonable to believe that someone can change their mind over time and regret decisions made previously. Admitting to mistakes ought to be a positive thing. I have no issue with his comments in the vein of 'you ain't black'. I don't think it was a great thing to say, but I think I understand what he was trying to say.
Old Oct 18th 2020, 7:17 am
F.orum Ape

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute

We're talking about Biden here, not Trump.

Biden has been in politics for the best part of 50 years and is now seeking election to the highest political office in the land. So as a sign of what is to come, what exactly have been his "achievements" during his political career to justify this promotion? The 1994 Crime Bill is one of his "achievements". Next.
As limey said, the fact is Biden is simply the not Trump option. His political record is almost irrelevant. Personally, I would have preferred Yang or Bernie (preferably both).
​​​​​
Old Oct 18th 2020, 5:05 pm
I'm Not Dead Yet!

DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute

And the difference between predators and super-predators is exactly?
The difference between domesticated cats and animals such as lions, tigers, cheetahs and other wild predators?

The former are more likely to be opportunists, the latter professionally skilled or experienced.

I've just watched footage of Biden's recent poorly attended drive-in speech, titled: "Joe Biden Gives the Worst Speech Ever". Something fake media didn't show that this video does, is Biden did it with a teleprompter.
'Fake media'? 'Worst speech ever' Haha...

I can't remember the last time any media outlet showed the teleprompter that their newsreaders were using... And those people are professionals, so I'd absolutely expect politicians to use them where possible. Often, there's a lecturn for them to keep their notes on instead. If Trump actually used one, maybe he'd stay on-message for longer...

Last edited by DaveLovesDee; Oct 18th 2020 at 5:16 pm.
Old Oct 18th 2020, 8:35 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by DaveLovesDee View Post
The difference between domesticated cats and animals such as lions, tigers, cheetahs and other wild predators?

The former are more likely to be opportunists, the latter professionally skilled or experienced.

'Fake media'? 'Worst speech ever' Haha...

I can't remember the last time any media outlet showed the teleprompter that their newsreaders were using... And those people are professionals, so I'd absolutely expect politicians to use them where possible. Often, there's a lecturn for them to keep their notes on instead. If Trump actually used one, maybe he'd stay on-message for longer...
Ironically, when Trump uses a teleprompter he gets far more praise because he doesn't go off message!
Old Oct 18th 2020, 9:32 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Shard View Post
As limey said, the fact is Biden is simply the not Trump option. His political record is almost irrelevant. Personally, I would have preferred Yang or Bernie (preferably both).
​​​​​
To some extent I agree. Biden's political record is almost irrelevant because he is just an easily manipulable front for a very toxic, destructive and proven-to-never-work, and very intolerant ideology that seeks to dissolve the nation state and destroy the USA. But then Biden as the front has some very questionable credentials if he is now pretending to be friendly to black voter interests - which are now being peddled in order to secure the black vote. The overwhelming majority of Democratic party supporters believe they "are doing the right thing" and supporting the "good side" but unfortunately they are what are known as "useful idiots". On the bright side, and as we shall see, very many have been red pilled and have walked away, joining the silent majority who will vote for Trump.

Trump on the other hand while publically appearing to be an argumentative buffoon, he is authentic, and has the interests of all Americans in his heart. He is a strong leader and does not yield to opponents such as China and Iran, he demands that everyone pull their weight to support world peace, and his is not a warmonger. And he believes in preserving the USA, the nation state, it's constitution, it's traditions and it's values.

Last edited by paulry; Oct 18th 2020 at 9:34 pm.
Old Oct 18th 2020, 9:37 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Boiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond repute

The thing Trump is missing this time is an opponent as depraved as the last one, Biden comes across more as doddery and ineffective. Not the same level of motivation as Hillary engendered.
Old Oct 18th 2020, 9:44 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Boiler View Post
The thing Trump is missing this time is an opponent as depraved as the last one, Biden comes across more as doddery and ineffective. Not the same level of motivation as Hillary engendered.
True. But then people have seen what has gone on these last 4 years with the lefts antics to resist Trump every step of the way. But even so, I'm sure this election is going to be a close one.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.