British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Take it Outside! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/take-outside-67/)
-   -   President Biden (https://britishexpats.com/forum/take-outside-67/president-biden-934293/)

scrubbedexpat097 Aug 13th 2020 10:47 pm

re: President Biden

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse (Post 12896483)
We need a large portion of cooking sherry to go with the popcorn.

There is a lot I have read recently that makes me question my no alcohol stance. It might make more sense if i was inebriated.

No,probably not.

scrubbedexpat097 Aug 13th 2020 10:49 pm

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter (Post 12896481)
Folks, I believe we are not in Kansas any more.

Does that mean I can or I cannot get some pretty red shoes?

Jerseygirl Aug 13th 2020 11:08 pm

Originally Posted by civilservant (Post 12896464)
It's like andyrebell has his own echo chamber.

No other opinion or thought gets in.

Originally Posted by BristolUK (Post 12896466)
So let me see if I have this right.

You believe that the only way Harris can become President is by taking over the office as a result of Pr>esident Biden being declared not fit for office. And to achieve this aim she is going to announce that he is not fit for office before the presidential election so that it costs the Democrats and thus Biden victory.

Do you see the flaw in this cunning plan?

He appears to have an overactive imagination...or he’s a troll. Either way he really needs to dial his flights of fancy back a little...err a lot.

Lion in Winter Aug 13th 2020 11:32 pm

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse (Post 12896483)
We need a large portion of cooking sherry to go with the popcorn.

You could have blueberry mead with that at Christmas.

Lion in Winter Aug 13th 2020 11:33 pm

Originally Posted by Sugarmooma (Post 12896486)
Does that mean I can or I cannot get some pretty red shoes?

You can definitely have the shoes. Just stay away from scarecrows. No brains.

Steerpike Aug 14th 2020 6:56 am

Originally Posted by macliam (Post 12895754)
Fair enough.

Positive attribute....... not Trump.

But in the geriatric fist-fight, will someone who will be older on taking office than Reagan was on leaving it after 2 terms put people off?

Is a vote for Biden a vote for Kamala.... so will she be the decider?

Probably more so than ever before ... but just 'how much' I'm not sure. Since Kamala was my original first choice, and Biden remains uninspiring to me, I would certainly hope she's a big factor.

Steerpike Aug 14th 2020 7:03 am

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl (Post 12895738)
We have a current thread for President Trump, which was opened during the run up to the 2015 election. I figured we should now have a new one for Joe Biden.

We already have the 2020 election thread, which I'd say is more relevant. We have a dedicated 'President Trump' thread simply to discuss his unique set of 'interesting characteristics' :).

But if this thread provides a place for Andy Rebel to endlessly repeat his nonsense, I'm all for it ... just keep him away from the 2020 election thread. Maybe Boiler can take up residence here too ...

andyrebell Aug 14th 2020 9:44 am

Originally Posted by BristolUK (Post 12896466)
So let me see if I have this right.

You believe that the only way Harris can become President is by taking over the office as a result of President Biden being declared not fit for office. And to achieve this aim she is going to announce that he is not fit for office before the presidential election so that it costs the Democrats and thus Biden victory.

Do you see the flaw in this cunning plan?

Yes I do think it is the only way she can ever become president.

During the debate if he is clever. Pence will get her to announce it at worst or probably more likely get Harris to voice a little bit of doubt about Biden's mental fitness for office during the debate. Just a little bit of doubt. Any doubt voiced by Harris is the October Surprise and destroys the ticket surely it does? Then Pence having got a standing 8 count already is so you will remove senile old Joe from office will you? How long will you wait, 1 month, a day? 2 presidents in 4 weeks devastating for the American people etc etc etc.

If Pence is smart that is what he will do because he will smash the debate and probably destroy the ticket in the process.

andyrebell Aug 14th 2020 10:11 am

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl (Post 12896489)
He appears to have an overactive imagination...or he’s a troll. Either way he really needs to dial his flights of fancy back a little...err a lot.

I am going to leave now till election day when Pulaski will have the egg on his face and i will leave you all with a final parting thought?

What can Trump debate on and win when the election is mostly about race and coronavirus and he trails very badly on all counts? And the mainstream media is mostly against him but he has turned them against him to be fair. I don't see how he can score points?

civilservant Aug 14th 2020 10:51 am

I am going to leave now till election day
:wave:

BristolUK Aug 14th 2020 12:34 pm

Originally Posted by andyrebell (Post 12896614)
Yes I do think it is the only way she can ever become president..

So, as stated previously, you will need to explain how she can become VP and then step into the President's shoes if the bombshell about not being fit for Presidency actually stops him from becoming President in the first place.

robin1234 Aug 14th 2020 12:43 pm

Originally Posted by Steerpike (Post 12896587)
We already have the 2020 election thread, which I'd say is more relevant. We have a dedicated 'President Trump' thread simply to discuss his unique set of 'interesting characteristics' :).

But if this thread provides a place for Andy Rebel to endlessly repeat his nonsense, I'm all for it ... just keep him away from the 2020 election thread. Maybe Boiler can take up residence here too ...

I see a big distinction. Trump and Biden threads are just talking about the Presidential election. 2020 election thread can be about any of the thousands of elections that’ll be happening on Election Day, gubernatorial, senate, house, various state and local offices. (I’ve noticed that foreigners, for instance British people living in the uk, often seem to just be interested in the presidential election as if it’s the only game in town. My sister and bil for instance. I think it’s because in the UK who you vote for as an MP helps decide who will be PM, while in the US, each person running for each office can be independent of the presidential election.)

BristolUK Aug 14th 2020 12:53 pm

Originally Posted by Steerpike (Post 12896587)
We already have the 2020 election thread, which I'd say is more relevant.

Originally Posted by robin1234 (Post 12896655)
I see a big distinction. Trump and Biden threads are just talking about the Presidential election.

I see a bigger difference. That 2020 election thread is in the Trailer Park sub forum in the USA section of BE.

There is, of course, no reason why anyone on BE can't take part but it's mostly 'inhabited' by people living in America or on their way there, just as the Canada forums are mostly inhabited by people living there or on their way. There's a Coronavirus thread in the Canada section just as there is one here and no doubt in just about every other geographical section of BE.

There's also the extra - a bonus? :sneaky: - that the US election debate might be more 'lively' on TIO than in the Trailer Park :rofl:

Red Eric Aug 14th 2020 1:09 pm

Originally Posted by BristolUK (Post 12896665)
There's also the extra - a bonus? :sneaky: - that the US election debate might be more 'lively' on TIO than in the Trailer Park :rofl:

Are you not allowed to say "**** off, you don't live here so your opinion doesn't count" in the Trailer Park, then?

civilservant Aug 14th 2020 1:17 pm

Originally Posted by Red Eric (Post 12896670)
Are you not allowed to say "**** off, you don't live here so your opinion doesn't count" in the Trailer Park, then?

Not in those words, but yes we have made such a statement :nod: