Go Back  British Expats > General > Take it Outside!
Reload this Page >

President Biden

President Biden

Old Dec 7th 2021, 5:05 pm
Account Closed

DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: President Biden

Originally Posted by Boiler View Post
Now quite why he is doing this is unclear

Biden accused of ‘doubling down’ on Trump move to strip US immigration judges of union rights https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...administration
How the f is not changing something 'doubling-down'?

Trump petitioned to remove right to unionize for hundreds of immigration judges, and now union says Biden has made no attempt to restore its status
While I understand the union has a job to do, it's an ass.

double down: [verb] to double the original bid in blackjack in exchange for only one more card.
Old Dec 10th 2021, 4:11 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Looks like Biden has his own Channel issue.

​​​​​​https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...shes-in-mexico

​​​​​​Dozens killed after truck packed with migrants crashes in Mexico
At least 53 people died and many were injured after the vehicle rolled over on a highway in Chiapas
Old Dec 10th 2021, 8:02 am
Account Closed

DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute

Looks like Biden has his own Channel issue.

​​​​​​https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...shes-in-mexico

​​​​​​Dozens killed after truck packed with migrants crashes in Mexico
At least 53 people died and many were injured after the vehicle rolled over on a highway in Chiapas
I can't see any mention of Biden in that article. Be careful you don't lose your balance trying to reach.
Old Dec 10th 2021, 1:49 pm
Account Closed

https://www.cnn.com/2021/12/09/ameri...hnk/index.html

This one does, not sure it matters, caused due to lack of safe and legal route to claim asylum. I seriously doubt this story has any legs.
Old Dec 10th 2021, 3:42 pm
Account Closed

This one does, not sure it matters, caused due to lack of safe and legal route to claim asylum. I seriously doubt this story has any legs.
So if you're not sure it matters, what's your point?
Old Dec 10th 2021, 4:47 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

morpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond repute

I am not sure I understand , there is a legal method concerning asylum.

As far as people choosing a safe method to pass through various countries, sadly they make their choice..
Old Dec 10th 2021, 6:11 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by DaveLovesDee View Post
So if you're not sure it matters, what's your point?
An observation, look at the coverage of this incident vs the Channel, this more a meh which when I saw it I sort of expected.

You could also argue there is a difference fleeing Mexico as opposed to France.
Old Dec 11th 2021, 7:54 am
Polished expat

Red Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond repute

You could also argue there is a difference fleeing Mexico as opposed to France.
Or you could argue, with more reason, that neither is being fled from.

Passed through probably covers it better.
Old Dec 15th 2021, 11:11 pm
Account Closed

A dramatic increase in number of migrants seeking asylum in Arizona overwhelms Border Patrol

​​​​​​https://www.cnn.com/2021/12/15/polit...nts/index.html

I thought this was interesting, seems more Middle Class asylum seekers who can fly to Mexico

​​​​​​"On one hand, Covid and the accompanying recessions left many people in the Latin American middle class a lot worse off and people who would not have considered migrating have decided it's a useful option," said Andrew Selee, president of the Migration Policy Institute. "At the same time, the ease of crossing the border has made some people who have ties to the US decide it's time to come now if they're going to make it. I think both those things are true at the same time."

Now that makes much more sense than trekking.