Go Back  British Expats > General > Take it Outside!
Reload this Page >

President Biden

President Biden

Old Oct 23rd 2021, 3:12 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: President Biden

DHS awards $455,000 contract to build fence around Biden beach house

​​​​​​https://news.yahoo.com/dhs-awards-45...221600702.html

After the disastrous Town Hall now this.
Old Oct 23rd 2021, 4:08 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Giantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boiler View Post

So way less than what it cost to protect Trump's children for the six months of security Trump himself awarded them. And way less that the $1.1m the government ended up paying Trump properties just for rooms. And likely less than the government paid Trump golf courses for... golf cart rentals.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/nichola...watchdog-finds

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...nj/7901404002/

As you seem bothered by the cost of this fencing, I guess you must be delighted we now have a president whose security costs are so much less than the previous guy's..

Old Oct 23rd 2021, 4:25 am
Account Closed

You may have missed the bit that he has been there twice since becoming President and I thought he did not like walls?
Old Oct 23rd 2021, 7:30 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

You may have missed the bit that he has been there twice since becoming President and I thought he did not like walls?
What Steve said.
Old Oct 23rd 2021, 7:31 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Giantaxe View Post
So way less than what it cost to protect Trump's children for the six months of security Trump himself awarded them. And way less that the $1.1m the government ended up paying Trump properties just for rooms. And likely less than the government paid Trump golf courses for... golf cart rentals.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/nichola...watchdog-finds

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...nj/7901404002/

As you seem bothered by the cost of this fencing, I guess you must be delighted we now have a president whose security costs are so much less than the previous guy's..
Old Oct 23rd 2021, 12:45 pm
Account Closed

DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute

G already mentioned the cost differences between this and the Tango man, so I'll go in a slightly different direction.

I suspect this wall is a condition imposed by the Secret Service in order for President Biden to use it more often...

Twice in 9 1/2 months... Sounds reasonable, he's been busy working.

Had he gone every weekend to golf at his own resorts, you'd be complaining about that, but that's exactly what Tango guy did.

How many times did he use it between buying it in 2017 and becoming President 4 years later?
Old Oct 23rd 2021, 3:39 pm
Account Closed

President Joe Biden's popularity is at the lowest point of his administration. He's averaging about a 43% approval rating, with recently released polls from Gallup (42%) and Grinnell College (37%) coming in even lower.

​​​​​​https://www.cnn.com/2021/10/23/polit...sis/index.html
Old Oct 23rd 2021, 6:24 pm
Account Closed

DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute

President Joe Biden's popularity is at the lowest point of his administration. He's averaging about a 43% approval rating, with recently released polls from Gallup (42%) and Grinnell College (37%) coming in even lower.

​​​​​​https://www.cnn.com/2021/10/23/polit...sis/index.html
Wow, a whole 9 1/2 months, and with having to fight the Republicans on everything from the Infrastructure Bill to getting the investigation into 1/6 underway... Plus he completed the Afghanistan withdrawal Trump agreed to, and if he had not done so, he'd have been criticised for that too. Republicans will be unhappy that he's doing something, some Democrats will be unhappy he's not doing it fast enough.

I personally don't care if he's popular, as long as he's doing his job. Have you ever been in any kind of political office? It seems to me from over here that you either have to be popular or to be good at your job, but both at the same time seems rare.
Old Oct 23rd 2021, 8:09 pm
Account Closed

https://www.cnn.com/2021/10/23/polit...way/index.html

Biden is winning the getaway competition Trump second

Go Joe
Old Oct 23rd 2021, 8:17 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Giantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond repute

Go Joe
What a stupid analysis - "Days spent outside the White House". That's informs us little or nothing about whether the president is working or not. Otoh, when the previous guy was playing golf, it's a pretty sound bet he wasn't.
Old Oct 23rd 2021, 8:55 pm
Account Closed

Go Joe
Let's break this down...

President Joe Biden decamped to Wilmington on Friday, escaping the White House he's likened to a "gilded cage" for a weekend at his Delaware home. It's yet another weekend away from Washington as the President has spent a noteworthy portion of his first year in office at one of his two Delaware homes or at Camp David, working remotely.
A CNN analysis of Biden's public schedule indicates the President has spent a significant amount of time away from the White House, particularly on weekends, since his January inauguration. Including this weekend's trip to Delaware,

Biden has taken 35 personal trips and spent all or part of 108 of his first 276 days in office at one of his Delaware homes or at Camp David in Maryland. That includes partial days, like Friday -- when he spent the day at the White House and departed in the evening.
So a half-day working is counted the same as a full day not working. How is that fair?

Sixty-nine of those 108 days away from Washington were spent at his home in Wilmington, spread over 23 visits; seven days at his Rehoboth Beach, Delaware, beach house over two visits; and 32 days at Camp David over 10 visits.
He's been in office for 39 weekends. The above works out to roughly 23 weekends at home (many people leave their office jobs earlier on Fridays to beat traffic), 2 weekends at the beach house (1 was probably a long weekend), and 10 weekends at Camp David, which were very likely work-related (this can be publicly checked). I wouldn't expect him to work without days off, but even when is away, he's still constantly available.

Do you have days off from work? I do.
Old Oct 23rd 2021, 9:28 pm
Account Closed

I assume you have taken this up with CNN?
Old Oct 23rd 2021, 10:07 pm
Account Closed

I assume you have taken this up with CNN?
Assume = Makes an ASS of U and ME.....

I don't need to take it up with CNN. I can make a reasoned assessment of the story and decide there's nothing wrong.

The intended audience of such clickbait will just lap up more of the anti-Biden stuff.
Old Oct 23rd 2021, 10:22 pm
Account Closed

CNN is the new FOX!
Old Oct 23rd 2021, 11:25 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

CNN is the new FOX!
Good to see you agree the article you posted was a piece of crap.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.