Go Back  British Expats > General > Take it Outside!
Reload this Page >

President Biden

President Biden

Old Sep 23rd 2021, 3:35 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: President Biden

Originally Posted by Boiler View Post
https://www.politico.com/news/2021/0...tations-513833

​​​​​​U.S. envoy to Haiti resigns over migrant deportations“I will not be associated with the United States inhumane, counterproductive decision to deport thousands of Haitian refugees and illegal immigrants to Haiti,” Daniel Foote wrote in a letter.
Republican's should be happy, they always complaining about illegal immigrants and stuff.

Old Sep 23rd 2021, 3:38 pm
Listen to the Music

dave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond repute

It really doesn't matter what Biden does.

He could stop heat resulting from climate change and one side or the other would complain of being too cold, or turn back hurricanes in the Gulf and they'd complain it wasn't windy and wet enough, it's what you get when you allow the 'news' media to govern policy.

It's a cultural thing. I like to watch Fox occasionally but find that I have to turn to CNN because I find the 'news' content too gutteral to be easy watching and I've no doubt that the Trump team find CNN much the same.

When faced with an intractable issue like illegal immigration across an indefensible land border those tasked with the job of holding back the tide will inevitably, like Canute, get their feet wet.

Like Biden, I don't know what the solution is, but it's one that'll taint his leadership legacy and the republicans will make sure of it, but that's their job and it's just one issue of many that's being used to drive a thicker and thicker wedge into the american public consciousness.

In the past we looked to the press to read our preferred version of the news over breakfast, or later in the pub, but it wasn't hammered into us every waking minute of the day. It's almost as though the nation has become indoctrinated into one or other politico-religeous cult having no real freedom of will but simply serving the intents of their chosen messiah, and these messiahs need to keep at it to generate the funding needed to keep them afloat.

It's a form of madness really. My wife and I discussed what might happen if one side or the other did arbitrarily nullify an election to their benefit, is the outcome as predictable as I think it would be.. civil strife?

Who would sensibly argue for such an outcome?

It seems to me that the lunatics have already taken over the asylum.

Old Sep 23rd 2021, 3:39 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Odd that so many have been coming from Chile, a VWP country.

Big issue now is 5,000 are missing. Nobody seems to know where they have gone.
Old Sep 23rd 2021, 4:25 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Odd that so many have been coming from Chile, a VWP country.

Big issue now is 5,000 are missing. Nobody seems to know where they have gone.
Keep looking. You'll find them.
Old Sep 23rd 2021, 4:36 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

I used to watch Fox News sometimes for entertainment watching their talking heads get all out of breath and angry over silly things, they do at times make for good entertainment, although I would not take what they report as news, the CNN talkikng heads are not a huge improvement, and still more entertainment than news.

Just avoid the talking head entertainment style news.

Remember when CNN was just basically 24 news and not filled with entertainment like talking heads.

Our cable package makes it easy, Fox News costs extra so we don't get it as I am surely not paying extra for it, CNN is included but I think MSNBC is a paid add on.

Old Sep 23rd 2021, 5:00 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_IR_4jdkDqs

A view from an immigration lawyer

You were ok with Trump's policies. So I take it you have now changed your mind?
Old Sep 23rd 2021, 5:07 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter View Post
You were ok with Trump's policies. So I take it you have now changed your mind?
I can't differentiate between Boiler and Susan Collins. Are they the same person?
Old Sep 23rd 2021, 5:36 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Leslie View Post
I can't differentiate between Boiler and Susan Collins. Are they the same person?
That would explain the odd obsession with gender questions.
Old Sep 23rd 2021, 8:14 pm
Account Closed

CNN just announced 30,000 more Haitians believed to be fleeing from Columbia. Chile Brazil mentioned but no numbers.

Rep Wilson being interviewed, she is pissed with Biden.
Old Sep 23rd 2021, 8:20 pm
WTF?

CNN just announced 30,000 more Haitians believed to be fleeing from Columbia. Chile Brazil mentioned but no numbers.

Please transcribe everything you see on TV for us.
Old Sep 23rd 2021, 8:21 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Leslie View Post
Please transcribe everything you see on TV for us.

Well not everything.
Old Sep 23rd 2021, 8:31 pm
WTF?

Well not everything.
No. Absolutely everything. Forever. Everything you see on TV, everything you read online, everything your neighbors tell you, every billboard you read. If your mouse farts, put it in a jar so we can all smell it later

Last edited by Leslie; Sep 23rd 2021 at 8:34 pm.
Old Sep 23rd 2021, 8:50 pm
Account Closed

DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute

Is that Rep. Joe Wilson, a Republican? The same one who voted to overturn the election results after returning to the Capitol after the insurrection ended on Jan 6th.

How can he be pissed at someone almost his entire party and a large number of their supporters believe didn't win the election? Is he now accepting Biden did in fact win, and is President?

Old Sep 23rd 2021, 11:54 pm
He/him

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

Laurence Fox, of all people, is going to play Hunter Biden.
Laurence Fox has bragged about being “uncancelled” after announcing his role as Joe Biden’s son in a forthcoming independent film.

The 43-year-old revealed the news of his casting via a Twitter post shared on Wednesday (22 September).

Fox will portray the US president’s son, Hunter Biden, in My Son Hunter. The film is the creation of conservative Irish documentary filmmakers Ann McElhinney and Phelim McAleer.
https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-e...box=1632390208
Old Sep 24th 2021, 12:06 am
Account Closed

DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kimilseung View Post
Laurence Fox, of all people, is going to play Hunter Biden.

https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-e...box=1632390208
It seems it might please the MAGA crowd...

The Lewis star described the script as “brilliant, surreal and funny basically because it’s true”.

“The Hunter story fascinates me so much, especially the vigour with which the mainstream media continue to try and suppress it,” the actor claimed. He said he “couldn’t resist the offer to enter [Biden’s] world and tell his truth”.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.