Go Back  British Expats > General > Take it Outside!
Reload this Page >

President Biden?

President Biden?

Old Aug 13th 2020, 1:38 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: President Biden?

President Biden? God I hope so. I honestly dread to think about how the US will look in 4 years if the other thing gets back in.
Old Aug 13th 2020, 10:21 am
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute

I'm looking forward to the 'Epic Rap Battle' for this election. They are always pretty good.

Here's 2016s:

And 2012s:

Old Aug 13th 2020, 12:06 pm
Heading for Poppyland

robin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond repute

Apparently, Trump is helping Harris’s ratings soar.

https://www.newyorker.com/humor/boro...term=TNY_Humor

One person’s take on it;

“It’s too bad that, if she’s elected Vice-President, she won’t have many opportunities to be ‘nasty’ to Brett Kavanaugh,” he said. “Still, I’ll always be grateful for the one time I saw her be ‘nasty’ to him.”
Old Aug 13th 2020, 6:02 pm
Banned

andyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pulaski View Post
Biggest Idiot Democrats Ever Nominated.
I shall remind you of that when he wins the election. For all my going about Biden I really think he will win the election. It is in the bag if the ticket can stay together and they can win the debates 3-1 or at minimum draw. Harris has to beat Pence while Biden ties Trump winning one, losing one with the remaining one too close to call if he can't beat him 2-1. After all they have pledged to "lead america out of the coronavirus crisis" which will be good considering there has been no real leadership in this crisis hence why Biden has a good chance.
Old Aug 13th 2020, 6:24 pm
Lt (R)

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by andyrebell View Post
I shall remind you of that when he wins the election. For all my going about Biden I really think he will win the election. It is in the bag if the ticket can stay together and they can win the debates 3-1 or at minimum draw. Harris has to beat Pence while Biden ties Trump winning one, losing one with the remaining one too close to call if he can't beat him 2-1. After all they have pledged to "lead america out of the coronavirus crisis" which will be good considering there has been no real leadership in this crisis hence why Biden has a good chance.
And all this is presumably based on your in depth knowledge and experience of grass roots politics in the US.

I will also give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you haven't seen Joe Biden's debating skills. If the Democrats are lucky he won't either lose track of what he is saying half way through or offer to take Donald Trump outside and give him a beating.
Old Aug 13th 2020, 6:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

johnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by civilservant View Post
I never made, nor suggested, such a statement.

Almost every 70 something has a problematic history on race. Things have changed significantly in that time.
As someone that's 70 something, that is very true. Racist remarks and attitudes were commonplace. Sometimes unconsciously racist.
I think nowadays we are more aware that it is unacceptable.
Personally I don't believe Biden is Racist, Trump definitely is, and that it is part of his voting demographic.
Old Aug 13th 2020, 6:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

johnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond repute

And all this is presumably based on your in depth knowledge and experience of grass roots politics in the US.

I will also give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you haven't seen Joe Biden's debating skills. If the Democrats are lucky he won't either lose track of what he is saying half way through or offer to take Donald Trump outside and give him a beating.
Trump's so called debating skills are personal insult, name calling and bullying. He can't string together a a full intelligible sentence.
We know that appeals to a certain kind voter.

Last edited by johnwoo; Aug 13th 2020 at 7:30 pm.
Old Aug 13th 2020, 6:39 pm
Heading for Poppyland

robin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by andyrebell View Post
Really, debates (if they happen) are not necessarily important at all - except as public spectacle. And, why wouldn’t “the ticket stay together?” Isn’t it in both their interests, to stay together?
Old Aug 13th 2020, 6:42 pm
Lt (R)

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

FWIW My FIL is a life-long sworn Democrat supporter. I have learned not to debate him on anything political, or challenge the fact that on most topics he sounds like a Republican. But he is, and always has been, a solid Democrat voter. ..... I heard the other day via Mrs P that he will not be voting for Joe Biden. I don't know why, but apparently he hates Joe Biden, and while I sincerely doubt he would vote for Donald Trump, he certainly won't be voting for Sleepy Joe.
Old Aug 13th 2020, 6:52 pm
You aint seen me, right?

SpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by robin1234 View Post
Really, debates (if they happen) are not necessarily important at all - except as public spectacle. And, why wouldn’t “the ticket stay together?” Isn’t it in both their interests, to stay together?
Exactly. I don't understand why people put any weight on the debates at all as it's totally unrelated to the job. If I had to answer all questions related to my job on the spot I'd be terrible at it, luckily it has nothing to do with my job either. Personally I'd rather see thought out responses to issues rather than some blurted out insults which is what we'll inevitably get.
Old Aug 13th 2020, 7:15 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

Vote for Biden ! Why ? He is not Trump. That is my contribution, as a non-citizen, non-resident, to the 2020 Campaign !
Old Aug 13th 2020, 7:52 pm

Sugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by macliam View Post
Fair enough.

Positive attribute....... not Trump.

But in the geriatric fist-fight, will someone who will be older on taking office than Reagan was on leaving it after 2 terms put people off?

Is a vote for Biden a vote for Kamala.... so will she be the decider?
The Harris v Pence debate will be interesting to say the least. She will conquer!
Old Aug 13th 2020, 7:55 pm
Fair and balanced

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

Whom is more likely to enact anti-racist policy? Which of the two is more likely to reflect on their positions of the past? I am far from being a supporter of Biden, but defending Trump with Biden whataboutery, is a little transparent.
Old Aug 13th 2020, 8:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

FWIW My FIL is a life-long sworn Democrat supporter. I have learned not to debate him on anything political, or challenge the fact that on most topics he sounds like a Republican. But he is, and always has been, a solid Democrat voter. ..... I heard the other day via Mrs P that he will not be voting for Joe Biden. I don't know why, but apparently he hates Joe Biden, and while I sincerely doubt he would vote for Donald Trump, he certainly won't be voting for Sleepy Joe.
My son in law is a staunch Republican, he says he didn't and will not be voting for lying Donald. So he claims.
My daughter is still a British Citizen and my granddaughters are liberal Democrats. Thankfully

I might add my S. I. L. is a great guy in spite of his misguided politics.

Last edited by johnwoo; Aug 13th 2020 at 8:12 pm.
Old Aug 13th 2020, 8:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

zzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond repute

I would pay good money to see the pair of them square off in the ring, Tyson shmyson. A satisfactory outcome would be two new candidates....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.