British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Take it Outside! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/take-outside-67/)
-   -   President Biden (https://britishexpats.com/forum/take-outside-67/president-biden-934293/)

spouse of scouse Aug 13th 2020 1:38 am

re: President Biden

President Biden? God I hope so. I honestly dread to think about how the US will look in 4 years if the other thing gets back in.

civilservant Aug 13th 2020 10:21 am

I'm looking forward to the 'Epic Rap Battle' for this election. They are always pretty good.

Here's 2016s:

And 2012s:

robin1234 Aug 13th 2020 12:06 pm

Apparently, Trump is helping Harris’s ratings soar.

https://www.newyorker.com/humor/boro...term=TNY_Humor

One person’s take on it;

“It’s too bad that, if she’s elected Vice-President, she won’t have many opportunities to be ‘nasty’ to Brett Kavanaugh,” he said. “Still, I’ll always be grateful for the one time I saw her be ‘nasty’ to him.”

andyrebell Aug 13th 2020 6:02 pm

Originally Posted by Pulaski (Post 12896015)
Biggest Idiot Democrats Ever Nominated. :lol:

I shall remind you of that when he wins the election. For all my going about Biden I really think he will win the election. It is in the bag if the ticket can stay together and they can win the debates 3-1 or at minimum draw. Harris has to beat Pence while Biden ties Trump winning one, losing one with the remaining one too close to call if he can't beat him 2-1. After all they have pledged to "lead america out of the coronavirus crisis" which will be good considering there has been no real leadership in this crisis hence why Biden has a good chance.

Pulaski Aug 13th 2020 6:24 pm

Originally Posted by andyrebell (Post 12896404)
I shall remind you of that when he wins the election. For all my going about Biden I really think he will win the election. It is in the bag if the ticket can stay together and they can win the debates 3-1 or at minimum draw. Harris has to beat Pence while Biden ties Trump winning one, losing one with the remaining one too close to call if he can't beat him 2-1. After all they have pledged to "lead america out of the coronavirus crisis" which will be good considering there has been no real leadership in this crisis hence why Biden has a good chance.

And all this is presumably based on your in depth knowledge and experience of grass roots politics in the US. :rolleyes:

I will also give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you haven't seen Joe Biden's debating skills. :unsure: If the Democrats are lucky he won't either lose track of what he is saying half way through or offer to take Donald Trump outside and give him a beating.

johnwoo Aug 13th 2020 6:30 pm

Originally Posted by civilservant (Post 12896030)
I never made, nor suggested, such a statement.

Almost every 70 something has a problematic history on race. Things have changed significantly in that time.

As someone that's 70 something, that is very true. Racist remarks and attitudes were commonplace. Sometimes unconsciously racist.
I think nowadays we are more aware that it is unacceptable.
Personally I don't believe Biden is Racist, Trump definitely is, and that it is part of his voting demographic.

johnwoo Aug 13th 2020 6:35 pm

Originally Posted by Pulaski (Post 12896407)
And all this is presumably based on your in depth knowledge and experience of grass roots politics in the US. :rolleyes:

I will also give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you haven't seen Joe Biden's debating skills. :unsure: If the Democrats are lucky he won't either lose track of what he is saying half way through or offer to take Donald Trump outside and give him a beating.

Trump's so called debating skills are personal insult, name calling and bullying. He can't string together a a full intelligible sentence.
We know that appeals to a certain kind voter.

robin1234 Aug 13th 2020 6:39 pm

Originally Posted by andyrebell (Post 12896404)

Really, debates (if they happen) are not necessarily important at all - except as public spectacle. And, why wouldn’t “the ticket stay together?” Isn’t it in both their interests, to stay together?

Pulaski Aug 13th 2020 6:42 pm

FWIW My FIL is a life-long sworn Democrat supporter. I have learned not to debate him on anything political, or challenge the fact that on most topics he sounds like a Republican. :rolleyes: But he is, and always has been, a solid Democrat voter. ..... I heard the other day via Mrs P that he will not be voting for Joe Biden. I don't know why, but apparently he hates Joe Biden, and while I sincerely doubt he would vote for Donald Trump, he certainly won't be voting for Sleepy Joe.

SpoogleDrummer Aug 13th 2020 6:52 pm

Originally Posted by robin1234 (Post 12896413)
Really, debates (if they happen) are not necessarily important at all - except as public spectacle. And, why wouldn’t “the ticket stay together?” Isn’t it in both their interests, to stay together?

Exactly. I don't understand why people put any weight on the debates at all as it's totally unrelated to the job. If I had to answer all questions related to my job on the spot I'd be terrible at it, luckily it has nothing to do with my job either. Personally I'd rather see thought out responses to issues rather than some blurted out insults which is what we'll inevitably get.

scot47 Aug 13th 2020 7:15 pm

Vote for Biden ! Why ? He is not Trump. That is my contribution, as a non-citizen, non-resident, to the 2020 Campaign !

scrubbedexpat097 Aug 13th 2020 7:52 pm

Originally Posted by macliam (Post 12895754)
Fair enough.

Positive attribute....... not Trump.

But in the geriatric fist-fight, will someone who will be older on taking office than Reagan was on leaving it after 2 terms put people off?

Is a vote for Biden a vote for Kamala.... so will she be the decider?

The Harris v Pence debate will be interesting to say the least. She will conquer!:thumbup:

kimilseung Aug 13th 2020 7:55 pm

Whom is more likely to enact anti-racist policy? Which of the two is more likely to reflect on their positions of the past? I am far from being a supporter of Biden, but defending Trump with Biden whataboutery, is a little transparent.

johnwoo Aug 13th 2020 8:09 pm

Originally Posted by Pulaski (Post 12896414)
FWIW My FIL is a life-long sworn Democrat supporter. I have learned not to debate him on anything political, or challenge the fact that on most topics he sounds like a Republican. :rolleyes: But he is, and always has been, a solid Democrat voter. ..... I heard the other day via Mrs P that he will not be voting for Joe Biden. I don't know why, but apparently he hates Joe Biden, and while I sincerely doubt he would vote for Donald Trump, he certainly won't be voting for Sleepy Joe.

My son in law is a staunch Republican, he says he didn't and will not be voting for lying Donald. So he claims.:unsure:
My daughter is still a British Citizen and my granddaughters are liberal Democrats. Thankfully:thumbup:

I might add my S. I. L. is a great guy in spite of his misguided politics.

zzrmark Aug 13th 2020 8:28 pm

Originally Posted by Pulaski (Post 12896407)

I would pay good money to see the pair of them square off in the ring, Tyson shmyson. :lol: A satisfactory outcome would be two new candidates....