Go Back  British Expats > General > Take it Outside!
Reload this Page >

Post EU Referendum...Part II

Post EU Referendum...Part II

Old Aug 29th 2018, 1:20 pm
Polished expat

Red Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Post EU Referendum...Part II

Originally Posted by Cape Blue View Post
Will there be an additional £2B cost due to the early purchase of medicines - yes or no?

These are the sorts of "facts" on the remainiac hymn sheet.
Well that depends a bit on whether the logic-free Remainiac Guardian got this bit, which you previously quoted, right
which would presumably then be run down over future months
It is a presumption, after all. Are you happy in general to back The G up on its presumptions?

Because if the stocks aren't run down over future months but rather deemed to be necessary in the reintroduced frictionful trade arrangements, it's not a temporary cost
Old Aug 29th 2018, 1:23 pm
EMR
Banned

EMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond repute

Will there be an additional £2B cost due to the early purchase of medicines - yes or no?

These are the sorts of "facts" on the remainiac hymn sheet.
Not the remain camp but the Guardian no different from the Torygraph spreading fear among pensioners .
Dismiss one, dismiss them all..
Old Aug 29th 2018, 1:44 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Assanah View Post
80s come to my mind as well. He seems to still buy into the rational homo economicus. That's is an outdated picture of humans. Even science now recognises that we are not rational and that emotions are in fact very important to our decision making. And sympathy with others and deep and meaningful connections with others is much more important to mental health and happiness than lots of money
Makes me think of that guy in Futurama who froze himself in the 80s because he had boneitis.
Old Aug 29th 2018, 2:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

Assanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing View Post
Makes me think of that guy in Futurama who froze himself in the 80s because he had boneitis.
At least we sandwich making carbon units have time to watch Futurama. i like that show. Shame they stopped it.
Old Aug 29th 2018, 2:10 pm
Democracy advocate

Cape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Red Eric View Post
Well that depends a bit on whether the logic-free Remainiac Guardian got this bit, which you previously quoted, right

It is a presumption, after all. Are you happy in general to back The G up on its presumptions?

Because if the stocks aren't run down over future months but rather deemed to be necessary in the reintroduced frictionful trade arrangements, it's not a temporary cost
You think that frictionful trade will entail EU-sourced medicines sitting for 6 weeks at the docks? Forever onwards? (and noting that this still would not be a "cost" but a cashflow issue - i.e. the medicines did not get £2B more expensive due to this).

The Guardian's title and main text is all project fear, they tuck the little bit about "presuming a run-down" away so they can pretend to show balance - it's the Fox News of the remainiac fringe and using the same sort of tactics.

It's the sort of disingenuous "£2 Billion"! number that brexiters used on the side of a bus during the referendum, yet some of us can see it and those who are remainiacs are somehow blind to this number, just like their extreme brexiters were before them, totally biased to the point of idiocy.
Old Aug 29th 2018, 2:13 pm
EMR
Banned

EMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond repute

You think that frictionful trade will entail EU-sourced medicines sitting for 6 weeks at the docks? Forever onwards? (and noting that this still would not be a "cost" but a cashflow issue - i.e. the medicines did not get £2B more expensive due to this).

The Guardian's title and main text is all project fear, they tuck the little bit about "presuming a run-down" away so they can pretend to show balance - it's the Fox News of the remainiac fringe and using the same sort of tactics.

It's the sort of disingenuous "£2 Billion"! number that brexiters used on the side of a bus during the referendum, yet some of us can see it and those who are remainiacs are somehow blind to this number, just like their extreme brexiters were before them, totally biased to the point of idiocy.
The most influential UK papers during the Brexit campaign and since are those that focussed on " project fear " regarding immigration.
Do you condemn them as well ?.
Old Aug 29th 2018, 2:16 pm
Democracy advocate

Cape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by EMR View Post
Not the remain camp but the Guardian no different from the Torygraph spreading fear among pensioners .
Dismiss one, dismiss them all..
The Guardian is quoting the remainiac "Best for Britain" group who are trying to get a second referendum by pushing untruths.
Old Aug 29th 2018, 2:19 pm
Democracy advocate

Originally Posted by EMR View Post
The most influential UK papers during the Brexit campaign and since are those that focussed on " project fear " regarding immigration.
Do you condemn them as well ?.
Yes, depending upon what they are saying.

If it's "Muslim European ate my hamster" then obviously, if it's an article on the huge net immigration impacting housing and wages, then possibly no - it's perfectly possible to have normal sensible discourse over the negatives of high net immigration.

You seem to have avoided condemning this blatant £2B mistruth - I'm sure that's an oversight.
Old Aug 29th 2018, 2:26 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Assanah View Post
At least we sandwich making carbon units have time to watch Futurama. i like that show. Shame they stopped it.
Ah, good point. Two good points, really.
Old Aug 29th 2018, 2:28 pm
EMR
Banned

Yes, depending upon what they are saying.

If it's "Muslim European ate my hamster" then obviously, if it's an article on the huge net immigration impacting housing and wages, then possibly no - it's perfectly possible to have normal sensible discourse over the negatives of high net immigration.

You seem to have avoided condemning this blatant £2B mistruth - I'm sure that's an oversight.
Unlike you I Do not take all newspaper headlines seriously or have a complex about the Guardian..
The cost of the drugs may well be 2billion , true or false,.

You seem unable to differentiate between opinion and rhetoric. .
Old Aug 29th 2018, 2:59 pm
Account Closed

DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute

The article shows the calculation, they have taken 6 weeks of total medicine expenditure and said that that is an extra cost.

It isn't an extra cost, it is an earlier cost which will be subsequently recouped. It is deliberately conflated with being an extra cost as part of the fake news agenda of the remainiac fringe.

The small form factor and high cost of medicines means that extra storage costs will be minimal - as I pointed-out there is surplus storage capacity in the users home, the pharmacy/hospital and at the distribution center - this is not £2B of spuds that would take up huge volumes of space.
My medicine cabinet doesn't have room for additional space. And it would have to pass through the distribution centres.

Yes, the £2B is an earlier cost, but it still has to be budgeted now instead of down the line. Does your company have a spare £2B laying around?
Old Aug 29th 2018, 3:34 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DaveLovesDee View Post
Does your company have a spare £2B laying around?
In his trouser pockets.
Old Aug 29th 2018, 3:37 pm
Account Closed

DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK View Post
In his trouser pockets.
I said Billion, not inches.
Old Aug 29th 2018, 3:56 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

I said Billion, not inches.
Funnily enough I kept reading that figure as £28 and thinking a B or M had just been missed and then subsequent posts just did the same.

It was only your post that I saw it was 2B. Or not 2B.
Old Aug 29th 2018, 4:33 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Giantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond repute

My medicine cabinet doesn't have room for additional space. And it would have to pass through the distribution centres.

Yes, the £2B is an earlier cost, but it still has to be budgeted now instead of down the line. Does your company have a spare £2B laying around?
The "no-deal planning budget" is apparently £3B in total.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.