Go Back  British Expats > General > Take it Outside!
Reload this Page >

Post EU Referendum...Part II

Post EU Referendum...Part II

Old Aug 29th 2018, 10:20 am
Democracy advocate

Cape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Post EU Referendum...Part II

Some top project-fear reporting at remainiac central today.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...plies-cost-2bn

No-deal Brexit: Plan to maintain medicine supplies 'could cost £2bn'
Campaign group Best for Britain warns of cost to health secretary’s stockpiling strategy

The health secretary’s plan to set aside six weeks’ worth of vital medicines to avoid supply disruptions in the event of a no-deal Brexit could cost up to £2bn, campaign group Best for Britain warns today.

Owen Smith, the former shadow Northern Ireland secretary and a supporter of Best for Britain, said: “I don’t remember anyone warning that Brexit would mean we’d have to stockpile drugs or that this would cost the NHS and taxpayers up to £2bn. Maybe they should have slapped that on the side of the bus.

“Every day it seems as though there is another hidden cost being revealed.”
Best for Britain using fake news to push their remainiac position.

Even the logic-free Guardian had to slip in quietly:
which would presumably then be run down over future months
indicating that, of course, there is no actual cost at all.
Old Aug 29th 2018, 10:30 am
EMR
Banned

EMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Cape Blue View Post

As a business man please explain why the purchasing of an additional 6 weeks stock does not involve additional costs or do you believe that the drug companies will provide it for nothing ?
Old Aug 29th 2018, 10:33 am
Reasonable Bitch

amideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond repute

You're a riot! Keep posting!
Old Aug 29th 2018, 11:13 am
Open the pod bay doors...

DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute

Even the logic-free Guardian had to slip in quietly: indicating that, of course, there is no actual cost at all.
Even as a security guard, I can see the flaw in your claim, which we discussed the last time it was made.

If my distribution centre holds 2 weeks worth of stock, which I restock with the money earned from selling stock from previous weeks.

If I need to increase my capacity to 6 weeks stock, I need 3x the amount of warehouse space, 3x the transport trucks and goods-in employees, and need to find the additional money to pay for the additional stock, transport and storage costs.
Old Aug 29th 2018, 12:15 pm
Democracy advocate

Cape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by EMR View Post
As a business man please explain why the purchasing of an additional 6 weeks stock does not involve additional costs or do you believe that the drug companies will provide it for nothing ?
The extra costs of increasing inventory this small amount is absolutely tiny and the £2B only refers to cashflow, which is not an issue.
Old Aug 29th 2018, 12:21 pm
Democracy advocate

Originally Posted by DaveLovesDee View Post
Even as a security guard, I can see the flaw in your claim, which we discussed the last time it was made.

If my distribution centre holds 2 weeks worth of stock, which I restock with the money earned from selling stock from previous weeks.

If I need to increase my capacity to 6 weeks stock, I need 3x the amount of warehouse space, 3x the transport trucks and goods-in employees, and need to find the additional money to pay for the additional stock, transport and storage costs.
The article is suggesting the whole £2B of medicine is an extra cost, whereas the reality is that people will ensure they themselves have more medicine (storage at home = free) and the storage in pharmacies and warehouses will expand slightly to accommodate the extra. Sure, there will be a cashflow change which will subsequently filter out, but the article is stating that there is a £2B cost, which is fake news.

Of your additional costs listed, the transport and employees are not an additional cost, they are an earlier cost. Storage could be an additional cost, but as per above, there is plenty of reserve capacity storage in the system between the warehouse/distributor to the pharmacy/hospital to the end user.
Old Aug 29th 2018, 12:36 pm
EMR
Banned

EMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond repute

The extra costs of increasing inventory this small amount is absolutely tiny and the £2B only refers to cashflow, which is not an issue.
So cash flow in business is not an issue are you sure you knows anything about running a business.
Old Aug 29th 2018, 12:43 pm
Democracy advocate

So cash flow in business is not an issue are you sure you knows anything about running a business.
As the article suggests it's the government fronting the money then no, it really isn't an issue.
Old Aug 29th 2018, 12:49 pm
Open the pod bay doors...

DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute

The article is suggesting the whole £2B of medicine is an extra cost, whereas the reality is that people will ensure they themselves have more medicine (storage at home = free) and the storage in pharmacies and warehouses will expand slightly to accommodate the extra. Sure, there will be a cashflow change which will subsequently filter out, but the article is stating that there is a £2B cost, which is fake news.

Of your additional costs listed, the transport and employees are not an additional cost, they are an earlier cost. Storage could be an additional cost, but as per above, there is plenty of reserve capacity storage in the system between the warehouse/distributor to the pharmacy/hospital to the end user.
Its an additional coat at point of purchase. The money needs to be spent before the savings down the line are realised.

How do we know £2B is fake news? What are the current costs per month of the pharma distribution industry? Maybe they're 1.9 or 1.8, and rounded up to 2? And storage will expand slightly? More than slightly, I suggest.
Old Aug 29th 2018, 12:56 pm
EMR
Banned

As the article suggests it's the government fronting the money then no, it really isn't an issue.
So public finances are also now not an issue with you..
I
Old Aug 29th 2018, 12:56 pm
Democracy advocate

Originally Posted by DaveLovesDee View Post
Its an additional coat at point of purchase. The money needs to be spent before the savings down the line are realised.

How do we know £2B is fake news? What are the current costs per month of the pharma distribution industry? Maybe they're 1.9 or 1.8, and rounded up to 2? And storage will expand slightly? More than slightly, I suggest.
The article shows the calculation, they have taken 6 weeks of total medicine expenditure and said that that is an extra cost.

It isn't an extra cost, it is an earlier cost which will be subsequently recouped. It is deliberately conflated with being an extra cost as part of the fake news agenda of the remainiac fringe.

The small form factor and high cost of medicines means that extra storage costs will be minimal - as I pointed-out there is surplus storage capacity in the users home, the pharmacy/hospital and at the distribution center - this is not £2B of spuds that would take up huge volumes of space.
Old Aug 29th 2018, 12:59 pm
Democracy advocate

So public finances are also now not an issue with you..
I
We spend £2B a month on overseas aid and EU aid combined, this is chump-change and is purely cash-flow. For a country that controls its own currency it is nothing.

Come on then EMR - do you agree with the article that this is a £2B cost? Or do you understand that that is not the case at all?
Old Aug 29th 2018, 1:07 pm
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Absolutely. And this bloke knew nothing:

Old Aug 29th 2018, 1:11 pm
EMR
Banned

We spend £2B a month on overseas aid and EU aid combined, this is chump-change and is purely cash-flow. For a country that controls its own currency it is nothing.

Come on then EMR - do you agree with the article that this is a £2B cost? Or do you understand that that is not the case at all?
I do know what the actual additional cost will be and neither do you.
Unlike you I do not dismiss the possibility that it will cost..
Unlike you I regard it as yet another unecessary cost and complication of the cock up that is brexit.
This is just the start, much more to follow.
Old Aug 29th 2018, 1:49 pm
Democracy advocate

I do know what the actual additional cost will be and neither do you.
Unlike you I do not dismiss the possibility that it will cost..
Unlike you I regard it as yet another unecessary cost and complication of the cock up that is brexit.
This is just the start, much more to follow.
Will there be an additional £2B cost due to the early purchase of medicines - yes or no?

These are the sorts of "facts" on the remainiac hymn sheet.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.