Go Back  British Expats > General > Take it Outside!
Reload this Page >

Post EU referendum and India (Off topic posts removed from the EU thread) 2

Post EU referendum and India (Off topic posts removed from the EU thread) 2

Old May 19th 2019, 8:02 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

morpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Post EU referendum and India (Off topic posts removed from the EU thread) 2

Originally Posted by Bipat View Post
My views on the Anglo-Indian Comminity come from reading.
(As I said above an Anglo-Indian poster put his views in the past.)

Morpeth why do you continally use the word "adopted" country in a derogatory manner.
I am British, this is an Expat Forum, we all have different countries.

Morpeth people here in India hardly mention the British. Very little in media, apart from sports results and Royal baby. (Diana was much admired here.)
One of the main journalists on WION TV is British origin, Andrew Whitehead, I only know that because of his accent.

However are you saying that the 'past ' pre 1947 should never be mentioned. It was fairly influential.
Bipat you are the one constantly bringing up pre 1947, then people respond and you eventually complain that people disagree or it is then off-topic. It isnt negative to state you have adopted and integrated in India, it is actually it is a nice way of explanation why you hold pro-Indian ant-British views, from a desire to fully integrate with your new country.
Old May 19th 2019, 8:11 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

morpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Post EU referendum and India (Off topic posts removed from the EU thread) 2

What I explained to you Morpeth is that doctors regardless of origin apply for advertised jobs. They don't just get a plane ticket. The most suitable will be chosen. Yes if apponted and are non-Eu they then apply for a visa.
The difficulty was caused by the 'cap' on visa numbers which has now been removed for drs and nurses.

Morpeth my one vote for Brexit was not influenced by any considerations other than what was best for the future of the UK and British people.
You voted Remain we differ in our opinions we also differ in the ability to realise that in referenda and elections people should be permitted to vote without abuse from those of a different opinion.
Actually Bipat to be transparent if I had voted in the referendum just for emotional reasons I probably would have voted Leave, and from a vague opinion that FOM on top of annual immigration from non EU countries was putting to much pressure on wages, housing, and social services. I did not vote because simply I felt I hadn't looked at matter close enough. Reading your posts and disregard for opportunities for Brits afforded by membership, realizing the fantasy trade deals in most cases are based on probable negative scenarios for the economy, and that leaving will make it more difficult to hire skilled workers, make me lean more towards remain as the best option

On a personal basis reducing opportunities for my children and their children and so on makes no sense. whatsoever.
Old May 19th 2019, 8:38 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by morpeth View Post
Bipat you are the one constantly bringing up pre 1947, then people respond and you eventually complain that people disagree or it is then off-topic. It isnt negative to state you have adopted and integrated in India, it is actually it is a nice way of explanation why you hold pro-Indian ant-British views, from a desire to fully integrate with your new country.
Morpeth it is the majority of people and certainly on this Forum who see the European Empires as not something to be overly proud of. You describe this as "Pro --Indian".

You disagree------however I notice you don't have the courage to disagree with other Remainers on the other Brexit threads when they condemn 'Empire 2' Brexiters.

I do NOT have anti-British views!!! "Fully integrate" etc. What on earth do you mean????? Are you fully integrated into Britain???

Old May 19th 2019, 10:16 am
Dedicated European

Expatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond repute

Leaving aside the issue of Brexit.
Would you and Morpeth have the same attitude and give the same unpleasant replies to a poster who was of Non-Eu origin but at home in both the UK and his original country and was accepted as belonging in both countries?
If your OH, as an immigrant to the UK, was to post opposition to EU FOM, he would get a short, sharp answer.
Old May 19th 2019, 10:37 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Expatrick View Post
If your OH, as an immigrant to the UK, was to post opposition to EU FOM, he would get a short, sharp answer.
It seems anyone who did not vote the same way as you in the Referendum
would get a short, sharp answer.

Why are migrants excluded from democracy? Don't they 'belong' in their "adopted country"-----to quote Morpeth.

(OH did not intend to migrate, just previous---- 'unmentionable' (by request of Morpeth)---- events made it necessary to come for particular exams.) Circumstances of being persuaded to take jobs changed things. Where were migrants from Europe then?
Old May 19th 2019, 10:40 am
EMR
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond repute

Bipat so you do not agree that the EU migrants whose future in the UK will be affected by Brexit should have been denied democracy. a vote in the referendum.
We finally agree on something
​​​​​​
Old May 19th 2019, 10:42 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by EMR View Post
Bipat so you do not agree that the EU migrants whose future in the UK will be affected by Brexit should have been denied democracy. a vote in the referendum.
We finally agree on something
​​​​​​
If they had taken British nationality they would certainly have had a vote.

Last edited by Bipat; May 19th 2019 at 10:48 am. Reason: Double quote by EMR
Old May 19th 2019, 10:58 am
EMR
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond repute

If they had taken British nationality they would certainly have had a vote.
Commonwealth migrants are allowed to vote.
So much for your views about migrants and democracy.
Old May 19th 2019, 11:48 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Commonwealth migrants are allowed to vote.
So much for your views about migrants and democracy.
I have frequently replied to your repeated posts and said that in my opinion Commonwealth citizens, note Commonwealth citizens, not migrants should NOT have a vote. They are not British citizens.

Or do you think not all with British citizenship should have a vote? Who would you exclude?
Old May 19th 2019, 11:54 am
EMR
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I have frequently replied to your repeated posts and said that in my opinion Commonwealth citizens, note Commonwealth citizens, not migrants should NOT have a vote. They are not British citizens.

Or do you think not all with British citizenship should have a vote? Who would you exclude?
Your opinion is not questioned the fact is that you support democracy for certain migrants but deny it to others.
Had all migrants been denied the vote and Remain won would you be happy with that..
MY view if one group of migrants is allowed to vote then all migrants should be.
Commonwealth citizens are migrants. They account for the majority of non EU migrants.
A vote for one migrant A vote for all.

​​​
Old May 19th 2019, 12:03 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Your opinion is not questioned the fact is that you support democracy for certain migrants but deny it to others.
Had all migrants been denied the vote and Remain won would you be happy with that..
MY view if one group of migrants is allowed to vote then all migrants should be.
Commonwealth citizens are migrants. They account for the majority of non EU migrants.
A vote for one migrant A vote for all.

​​​
Any migrant who becomes British obviously can vote.
Are you not able to understand what nationality means?

A so-called migrant who is not a British Citizen/national should NOT have a vote, that in MY opinion should include Commonwealth citizens who have not taken British citizenship/nationality.
Old May 19th 2019, 12:04 pm
Dedicated European

Expatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond repute

Where were migrants from Europe then?
Those from eastern & central Europe (whose presence in the UK has caused so much angst) were, mostly, locked away behind the iron curtain.

Last edited by Expatrick; May 19th 2019 at 12:09 pm. Reason: Correcting the auto correct!
Old May 19th 2019, 12:09 pm
EMR
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Any migrant who becomes British obviously can vote.
Are you not able to understand what nationality means?

A so-called migrant who is not a British Citizen/national should NOT have a vote, that in MY opinion should include Commonwealth citizens who have not taken British citizenship/nationality.
Your desi vote would have looked very different
So you now agree the referendum result was not fair or democratic as it allowed some non UK nationals the right to vote but denied it to others.
Old May 19th 2019, 12:11 pm
Dedicated European

Big brother must have been reading my posts! I am suddenly getting news items from the Indian Press!

Latest, just in

Violence mars 7th phase polling in West Bengal; BJP delegation to meet EC over booth capturing allegations

Old May 19th 2019, 12:15 pm
EMR
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Expatrick View Post
Big brother must have been reading my posts! I am suddenly getting news items from the Indian Press!

Latest, just in
I get the same but Bipat dismisses them as anti India , left wing, pro Congress..

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.