Go Back  British Expats > General > Take it Outside!
Reload this Page >

Post EU referendum and India (Off topic posts removed from the EU thread) 2

Post EU referendum and India (Off topic posts removed from the EU thread) 2

Old Apr 12th 2017, 4:20 pm
EMR
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Post EU referendum and India (Off topic posts removed from the EU thread) 2

Originally Posted by Bipat View Post
You do not know that it won't!! You are arguing in circles for the sake of it.
No deal will be signed which doesn't benefit both sides.

Have you e-mailed the Trade Minister as I suggested? Her contact details are available online!
I am not arguing in circles because I believe that our government is not capable of doing deals equal to that we have with the EU.
They need these non EU deals for political reasons more than any of the countries we end up trading with post brexit.
Old Apr 13th 2017, 3:22 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Post EU referendum and India (Off topic posts removed from the EU thread) 2

Yet another delegation to India.
Important for Brexit and Global issues.

Michael Fallon: Need to further strengthen cooperation with India to fight terrorism: UK | India News - Times of India
Old Apr 13th 2017, 4:35 pm
EMR
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond repute

British PM visit India with biggest ever trade mission.
Followed by visit from Chancellor and foreign secretary.
When was this 2013,14.
Who is it that still insists that EU membership was an obstacle to trade discussions with India.

Read the reports of the time and they could be those of today, easing visa restrictions, I Dia opening its markets etc etc etc.

Last edited by EMR; Apr 13th 2017 at 4:39 pm.
Old Apr 13th 2017, 4:56 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by EMR View Post
British PM visit India with biggest ever trade mission.
Followed by visit from Chancellor and foreign secretary.
When was this 2013,14.
Who is it that still insists that EU membership was an obstacle to trade discussions with India.

Not sure what you mean? Your reply nothing to do with above post?
The visa issue was a preliminary discussion, Mrs May was not that diplomatic!
Some changes have been made--also as I have said before visa matters between countries tend to be reciprocal. April 1, this year India has made visa relaxations. (It was not a joke!)

It was the PMs first foreign visit following the result of the Referendum.
The Foreign Secretary January 2017.
The Chancellor -Mark Carney etc. last week. Michael Fallon --now!

It is obviously paving the way for talks (further to those going on since the result) for the Post Brexit relationship--further trade and free-trade.
What is your problem with that?

http://indiagbnews.com/government/uk...a-trade-visit/

Arms deals had already been mentioned, but present talks are about different aspects.
https://www.rt.com/uk/342960-india-brexit-trade-eu/

Last edited by Bipat; Apr 13th 2017 at 5:53 pm. Reason: Extra Link
Old Apr 13th 2017, 5:05 pm
EMR
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Not sure what you mean? Your reply nothing to do with above post?
The visa issue was a preliminary discussion, Mrs May was not that diplomatic!
Some changes have been made--also as I have said before visa matters between countries tend to be reciprocal. April 1, this year India has made visa relaxations. (It was not a joke!)

It was the PMs first foreign visit following the result of the Referendum.
The Foreign Secretary January 2017.
The Chancellor -Mark Carney etc. last week. Michael Fallon --now!

It is obviously paving the way for talks (further to those going on since the result) for the Post Brexit relationship--further trade and free-trade.
What is your problem with that?

Arms deals had already been mentioned, but present talks are about different aspects.
https://www.rt.com/uk/342960-india-brexit-trade-eu/

Why are you ignoring the previous attempts by UK governments " PRE REFERENDUM " by 3 years
The same ambitions the same obstacles.
Nothing to do with the EU., nothing to do with Brexit.
Nothing is happening now that has not happened before.

Last edited by EMR; Apr 13th 2017 at 5:11 pm.
Old Apr 13th 2017, 5:15 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Why are you ignoring the previous attempts by UK governments " PRE REFERENDUM " by 3 years
The same ambitions the same obstacles.
Nothing to do with the EU., nothing to do with Brexit.
What are you talking about? There has been trade before the referendum.
£9 billion deal in 2015 for just one. We are talking about increased trade and free trade deals.

Why in all the recent speeches is Brexit discussed then?
What on earth are they all doing there then???

What is it? Your prejudice against a non-EU country(ies) or just wanting Brexit to fail?
Old Apr 13th 2017, 6:49 pm
EMR
Lost in BE Cyberspace

What are you talking about? There has been trade before the referendum.
£9 billion deal in 2015 for just one. We are talking about increased trade and free trade deals.

Why in all the recent speeches is Brexit discussed then?
What on earth are they all doing there then???

What is it? Your prejudice against a non-EU country(ies) or just wanting Brexit to fail?
I want The UK to succeed to maintain the growth of recent years ,which I fear it will not under Brexit.

At least you have stopped posting your usual rubbish that the EU has stoped us doing deals. 2015 was before the referendum.

Why not admit there us no connection between trade with India and Brexit.

Last edited by EMR; Apr 13th 2017 at 6:55 pm.
Old Apr 13th 2017, 7:26 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I want The UK to succeed to maintain the growth of recent years ,which I fear it will not under Brexit.

At least you have stopped posting your usual rubbish that the EU has stoped us doing deals. 2015 was before the referendum.

Why not admit there us no connection between trade with India and Brexit.
I don't know how to put this in simple terms---no one has said trade did not take place while a member of the EU, but as you know it was within EU rules.

We are discussing INCREASED trade and FREE TRADE deals Post Brexit.

Tell me, WHY have the PM , three Cabinet Ministers, and Mark Carney all been there in the past two months and there now?
That all their speeches and that of Arun Jaitley talk of BREXIT????

Have you read their speeches????

What is your problem with increased trade with that country Post Brexit ?
Old Apr 13th 2017, 7:34 pm
EMR
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I don't know how to put this in simple terms---no one has said trade did not take place while a member of the EU, but as you know it was within EU rules.

We are discussing INCREASED trade and FREE TRADE deals Post Brexit.

Tell me, WHY have the PM , three Cabinet Ministers, and Mark Carney all been there in the past two months and there now?
That all their speeches and that of Arun Jaitley talk of BREXIT????

Have you read their speeches????

What is your problem with increased trade with that country Post Brexit ?
You really are thick sometimes.
I have no problem with increased trade so long as it resuts in a reduction of removal of tariffs against UK manufactured products.
Are you pro the British worker or not.
Old Apr 13th 2017, 7:49 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

You really are thick sometimes.
I have no problem with increased trade so long as it resuts in a reduction of removal of tariffs against UK manufactured products.
Are you pro the British worker or not.
Yes obviously pro workers in both countries --that is what trade means!

You are suggesting that nothing is happening--it is nothing to do with Brexit etc. etc.

In order to get trade deals, discussions have to take place, over time, deals don't come down from the sky!

As I asked you but you NEVER answer, what are these Cabinet Ministers and Minister Jaitley doing do you think????

Philip Hammond and Mark Carney promote British fintech on Brexit trade mission to India - Business Insider

(Another link --the headline has the word "Brexit".)
Old Apr 13th 2017, 8:05 pm
EMR
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Yes obviously pro workers in both countries --that is what trade means!

You are suggesting that nothing is happening--it is nothing to do with Brexit etc. etc.

In order to get trade deals, discussions have to take place, over time, deals don't come down from the sky!

As I asked you but you NEVER answer, what are these Cabinet Ministers and Minister Jaitley doing do you think????

Philip Hammond and Mark Carney promote British fintech on Brexit trade mission to India - Business Insider

(Another link --the headline has the word "Brexit".)

Given that in all trade discussions and agreements to date India has not significantly reduced tariffs on UK manufactured goods why do you think they will now.
As to what our ministers are doing, you tell me, they are just politicians trying to stay in their jobs.
Old Apr 13th 2017, 8:41 pm
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

Given that in all trade discussions and agreements to date India has not significantly reduced tariffs on UK manufactured goods why do you think they will now.
As to what our ministers are doing, you tell me, they are just politicians trying to stay in their jobs.
Err, as you keep reminding us Brexit hasn't actually happened yet, though the way things appear to be progressing it looks like the positives will outweigh the negatives by quite a margin, when it does.

Old Apr 13th 2017, 8:45 pm
EMR
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly View Post
Err, as you keep reminding us Brexit hasn't actually happened yet, though the way things appear to be progressing it looks like the positives will outweigh the negatives by quite a margin, when it does.

Given The UK past pre referendum agreements with India it is obvious to all that what is happening now has little if anything to do with Brexit.
It's just a smokescreen by this government to cover up the lack of any significant news.
Old Apr 13th 2017, 10:24 pm
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

Just the opposite in fact,
negotiations are obviously ticking over a bit too well for your anti Brit, anti Brexit, liking.

By the way, you did say you voted for Dodgy Dave, if my memory serves me correctly.

Old Apr 13th 2017, 10:33 pm
EMR
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly View Post
Just the opposite in fact,
negotiations are obviously ticking over a bit too well for your anti Brit, anti Brexit, liking.

By the way, you did say you voted for Dodgy Dave, if my memory serves me correctly.

Wanting the best for British companies, exports,workers is anti Brit is it in your very odd mind, is it and your very confused idea of what is best for the UK.
I would even vote for Corbyn to keep the racists and morons you support out of Parliament which is what the vast majority of the electorate also thought.
It was Cameron who visited India negotiating a new UK trade deal years before out current government.
But then what do you know about even the simplest of facts.

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement