British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Take it Outside! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/take-outside-67/)
-   -   Post EU Referendum (https://britishexpats.com/forum/take-outside-67/post-eu-referendum-879308/)

InVinoVeritas Mar 19th 2017 11:14 am

Re: Post EU Referendum

Originally Posted by amideislas (Post 12208083)
It's sunday! Just got back from church :sneaky:

So, I'm guessing they have wi-fi there? (As well as the free communion wine, of course).

Dick Dasterdly Mar 19th 2017 11:26 am

I hope Ami prayed for the Eu, I don't imagine anything less than divine intervention can save it now. :lol:

Dick Dasterdly Mar 19th 2017 11:27 am

Sovereign once again – Westmonster

:thumbsup:

Dick Dasterdly Mar 19th 2017 11:29 am

Originally Posted by InVinoVeritas (Post 12208074)
Isn't it a bit early in the day to be pissed, Ami?

I reckon that wine the preacher hands around must be pretty powerful stuff.

:rofl:

amideislas Mar 19th 2017 11:30 am

It may come as a surprise to those unfamiliar with "the rest of the world", but we actually have electricity, water, mobile phones, TVs, cars, roads, supermarkets, shopping, food, and all kinds of modern stuff, including 4G internet. :ohmy:

Scamp Mar 19th 2017 11:36 am

Originally Posted by amideislas (Post 12208098)
It may come as a surprise to those unfamiliar with "the rest of the world", but we actually have electricity, water, mobile phones, TVs, cars, roads, supermarkets, shopping, food, and all kinds of modern stuff, including 4G internet. :ohmy:

Careful, Dick seems to want everything to collapse at the moment. Maybe he'll beg for the collapse of all mainland European roads or internet or water networks.

Nasty little man.

EMR Mar 19th 2017 11:43 am

Originally Posted by Garbatellamike (Post 12208080)
wow when did EMR get a second working brain cell? Breaking news :sneaky:

There is a new series of telly tubbies coming out soon.
No doubt we will not be hearing from you or Vino as you will watching every episode.
Just made for you and the under threes.

Dick Dasterdly Mar 19th 2017 12:00 pm

Originally Posted by amideislas (Post 12208098)

If that was a Spanish Church I wonder if they were doing a 2 for 1 special offer before midday Ami.

Maybe that would account for your confusion. :unsure:

amideislas Mar 19th 2017 12:04 pm

Originally Posted by Scamp (Post 12208100)
Careful, Dick seems to want everything to collapse at the moment. Maybe he'll beg for the collapse of all mainland European roads or internet or water networks.

Nasty little man.

He and others have been saying that for a long time - plus that we're all terminally impoverished, of course. All of which naturally, provides the rationale to fear it as they do.

Oddly though, in the midst of all this despair, I still have yet to find much visible evidence of it. In fact, the standard of living just seems to keep improving, visibly exceeding even over there on that utopic GMT fantasy island of modernity and "sophistication". But I'll keep looking for signs and keep you posted...

iano Mar 19th 2017 12:10 pm

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly (Post 12208096)

Sovereign once again ? Always has been.

The Brexit White Paper.....

2.1 The sovereignty of Parliament is a fundamental principle of the UK constitution. Whilst Parliament has remained sovereign throughout our membership of the EU, it has not always felt like that.
Unlike the Leave Campaign, the SNP can at least legitimately play the 'sovereignty' card, as Scotland awaits permission to run its own referendum.

amideislas Mar 19th 2017 12:11 pm

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly (Post 12208113)
If that was a Spanish Church I wonder if they were doing a 2 for 1 special offer before midday Ami.

Maybe that would account for your confusion. :unsure:

Magaluf isn't even open yet, Dick. It's still all boarded up, awaiting the Brits abroad pub crawl crowd. Thank god that is one area that's not expanding. Besides, it's becoming a bit pricey for Brits now.

Anyway, here's a preview, framed in a way even you can comprehend:
http://mymillsbaby.co.uk/wp-content/...08/Magaluf.jpg

Scamp Mar 19th 2017 12:16 pm

Originally Posted by amideislas (Post 12208116)
He and others have been saying that for a long time - plus that we're all terminally impoverished, of course. All of which naturally, provides the rationale to fear it as they do.

Oddly though, in the midst of all this despair, I still have yet to find much visible evidence of it. In fact, the standard of living just seems to keep improving, visibly exceeding even over there on that utopic GMT fantasy island of modernity and "sophistication". But I'll keep looking for signs and keep you posted...

Two types of people in this world it seems.

1. Some people are happy enough with leaving the game.
2. Some want to puncture the ball, set the nets on fire, push the goal posts over and shoot the referee.

DaveLovesDee Mar 19th 2017 12:16 pm

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly (Post 12208096)

From the Brexit White Paper (p14)

Parliamentary sovereignty
2.1 The sovereignty of Parliament is a fundamental principle of the UK constitution. Whilst Parliament has remained sovereign throughout our membership of the EU, it has not always felt like that.
Read the bit in bold again, and tell me you understand what it means. Then stop shit-posting BS that says the UK isn't sovereign.

amideislas Mar 19th 2017 12:22 pm

Originally Posted by Scamp (Post 12208122)
2. Some want to puncture the ball, set the nets on fire, push the goal posts over and shoot the referee.

It does make one wonder why if you've "won" the game, what's the point? Unless of course, they're worried they actually didn't.

Scamp Mar 19th 2017 12:23 pm

Originally Posted by DaveLovesDee (Post 12208124)
Read the bit in bold again, and tell me you understand what it means. Then stop shit-posting BS that says the UK isn't sovereign.

Prepare to be ignored.