British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Take it Outside! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/take-outside-67/)
-   -   Post EU Referendum (https://britishexpats.com/forum/take-outside-67/post-eu-referendum-879308/)

BEVS Jul 20th 2016 12:17 am

re: Post EU Referendum

Originally Posted by GeniB (Post 12006836)

Rats ! I cannot read that without being a paid subscriber and one cannot post up whole articles here on BE, only one small para of about 4 lines or so because of the copyright rule .

Any other place to read this please?

morpeth Jul 20th 2016 12:24 am

Originally Posted by BEVS (Post 12006909)
Rats ! I cannot read that without being a paid subscriber and one cannot post up whole articles here on BE, only one small para of about 4 lines or so because of the copyright rule .

I am a bit ignorant on the economics of Britain's membership having seen on the internet different opinions.

Where could I find a summary of (a) Britain's net contribution on a per capital basis to the EU vs Germany and Italy (b) I realize complicated to look at trade impact as there are many variables, and I must assume EU workers in UK wouldn't be deported all at once, are there articles someone could recommend indicating different scenarios ?

Fredbargate Jul 20th 2016 5:50 am

Spain will press to have Gibraltar excluded from the UK’s negotiations to withdraw from the European Union, José Manuel García-Margallo insisted this week as he signalled that the fallout from the Brexit vote would also likely spill over into the UN.

“Spain’s position is that it makes no sense to include Gibraltar in the negotiations between the European Union and the United Kingdom,” Sr García-Margallo countered

Margallo points to discord at UN over Gibraltar – Gibraltar Chronicle

GeniB Jul 20th 2016 7:39 am

Double rats ! It was sent to me as an email from a subscriber and I could read it?

i find this 'copyright thing a real b****r will see if it is printed elsewhere ,or maybe some of our more tech savvy posters on here can find it ? :starsmile:

GeniB Jul 20th 2016 7:43 am

ok This might work

GeniB Jul 20th 2016 9:08 am

That's our BREXIT Foreign Minister making trade deals for us,and friends in the USA. Toe curling isn't it.

Bipat Jul 20th 2016 9:26 am

Originally Posted by GeniB (Post 12007126)
That's our BREXIT Foreign Minister making trade deals for us,and friends in the USA. Toe curling isn't it.

Liam Fox and David Davis will be making the trade deals.
Boris Johnson will not have much to do except travel a lot.

EMR Jul 20th 2016 10:46 am

Originally Posted by Bipat (Post 12007135)

Did you listen to John Kerry.
The UK will have to wait for the US to complete its current trade agreements including ttip.
The US is by a galaxy the market with the biggest potential, the rest added together do not equal it.
The UK trade deals will be confirmed in cabinet not by individual ministers.
3 ministers involved, all with different ideas, not exactly a recipe for success.

GeniB Jul 20th 2016 11:42 am

Originally Posted by Bipat (Post 12007135)

It actually doesn't work like that in practice Bipat. Mentioning LF and DD is no comfort at all either,judging by DD's latest un-diplomatic outburst .

paulry Jul 20th 2016 11:42 am

Originally Posted by EMR (Post 12007186)
Did you listen to John Kerry.
The UK will have to wait for the US to complete its current trade agreements including ttip.
The US is by a galaxy the market with the biggest potential, the rest added together do not equal it.
The UK trade deals will be confirmed in cabinet not by individual ministers.
3 ministers involved, all with different ideas, not exactly a recipe for success.

And thank **** the UK isn't going to be subjected to ttip :thumbsup:

EMR Jul 20th 2016 12:04 pm

Originally Posted by paulry (Post 12007235)
And thank **** the UK isn't going to be subjected to ttip :thumbsup:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4OQeekSD6s

No it will be stuck on the outside for sometime with no agreement with the US while the EU benefits from tarrif free trade with the US.

la mancha Jul 20th 2016 12:29 pm

Originally Posted by EMR (Post 12007261)
No it will be stuck on the outside for sometime with no agreement with the US while the EU benefits from tarrif free trade with the US.

When will that be?

EMR Jul 20th 2016 12:33 pm

Originally Posted by la mancha (Post 12007288)
When will that be?

When ttip is signed, negotiations which are going on at this time.
No discussions with the UK with Kerry stating that they are not a priority.
Still there is always NZ, and other similar sized markets for the UK.
Who needs tarrif free access to the US.

Dick Dasterdly Jul 20th 2016 12:41 pm

Originally Posted by EMR (Post 12007296)
When ttip is signed, negotiations which are going on at this time.
No discussions with the UK with Kerry stating that they are not a priority.
Still there is always NZ, and other similar sized markets for the UK.
Who needs tarrif free access to the US.

Remind me again how long the ttip negotiations have been going on and the principle reasons they keep breaking down ?

Meanwhile there is nothing to stop the UK discussing deals with the U.S. or anybody else in order that the minute we are officially a free country again, they can be signed, ratified and put straight into operation. :cool:

EMR Jul 20th 2016 12:54 pm

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly (Post 12007309)
Remind me again how long the ttip negotiations have been going on and the principle reasons they keep breaking down ?

Meanwhile there is nothing to stop the UK discussing deals with the U.S. or anybody else in order that the minute we are officially a free country again, they can be signed, ratified and put straight into operation. :cool:

Obviously you are another who did not hear Kerry yesterday.
To summarise, ttip comes before any UK discussions.
No discussions before the UK brexits.
It takes two to tango, which ever of our 3 brexit ministers turns up in Washington with his begging bowl.