British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Take it Outside! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/take-outside-67/)
-   -   Post EU Referendum (https://britishexpats.com/forum/take-outside-67/post-eu-referendum-879308/)

amideislas Jul 17th 2016 12:04 pm

re: Post EU Referendum

For those who can tolerate google-translated English text, here's a German view (link pre-translated courtesy of google translate). Interesting, but no doubt will raise the hair on the backs of certain dogmatic British flag-wavers. Others may find it somewhat amusing.

A new day is dawning in "Little Britain"

Dick Dasterdly Jul 17th 2016 12:11 pm

Job availability increased since Brexit vote !

Jobs are UP by 150,000 after EU referendum shock: Boss of Reed says majority of firms have no plans to freeze recruitment | This is Money

amideislas Jul 17th 2016 12:17 pm

Must be from all those foreigners just kicked out.

Bipat Jul 17th 2016 12:17 pm

Originally Posted by EMR (Post 12004500)
Non EU migrants followed the UK trend with the young and better educated voting remain, the elderly and less well off voting leave..
Why do still refer to british born Asians as migrants.
Reducing immigration is brexit policy, not just Tory policy, where were you during the campaign, did you never listen to Boris etc etc.
What do you not seem to understand is , a reduction in immigrstion means ALL immigration not just from the EU, it means all countries.
If immigration numbers do not fall there will be a reaction against the brexit tories and a boost for whatever form racist Ukip takes in the future..
Even todays Daily Morron true to form misquotes a brexit minister suggesting that new EU migrants will be deported from the UK.
The tabloids know their readership and it is not reasonable people such as yourself.
There is today a grinning picture of Farage celebrating Ukip wins in Northern local elections.

I want trade deals that are of equal advantage to the UK,.
Deals that require the UK to ease its visa rules and increase migration will not be popular with the brexit voting electorate.
The Canada EU deal that Canada wants the UK to sgn up to after brexit is a purely commercial arrangement.
This should be the basis for all future deals..

EMR--- I did not use the word "Asian", I used the words "non-EU immigrants", if born abroad they are still referred to by most on this Forum as 'immigrants'.

I asked but you did not answer --'are you saying there should be no controls on the numbers of immigrants'?

Are you saying non-EU immigrants should be treated differently from EU immigrants?

"Trade deals that are of equal advantage to the UK" obviously!! Are you saying that this is not possible? Why not?

"No easing of visa rules" ? So you don't want more non-EU migrants? So you really are an isolationist European?:lol::lol:

Dick Dasterdly Jul 17th 2016 12:39 pm

Brexit free-trade deals planned with the USA and Australia

Bipat Jul 17th 2016 1:14 pm

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly (Post 12004551)

I put that link on Post 1230 ----it was followed by the above arguments about upsetting Brexiters with all the inevitable visa easing and non-EU immigrants flooding in, and of course the impossibility of getting a fair deal with those awful non-EU countries !!:rofl:

EMR Jul 17th 2016 1:16 pm

Originally Posted by Bipat (Post 12004541)
EMR--- I did not use the word "Asian", I used the words "non-EU immigrants", if born abroad they are still referred to by most on this Forum as 'immigrants'.

I asked but you did not answer --'are you saying there should be no controls on the numbers of immigrants'?

Are you saying non-EU immigrants should be treated differently from EU immigrants?

"Trade deals that are of equal advantage to the UK" obviously!! Are you saying that this is not possible? Why not?

"No easing of visa rules" ? So you don't want more non-EU migrants? So you really are an isolationist European?:lol::lol:

Honestly, I think that we should have had quotas for EU migrants.
That we should have abandoned any special relationships with the commonwealth, ended family reunification for old commonwealth countries..
If the UK does have an immigrant problem as you keep insisting why would you want non eu visa rules relaxed.

I do not trust brexit politicians to do deals that will be to the advantage of the UK .
I did not refer to born abroad but to UK born Asians the ones you denigarate by the term Desi.

Bipat Jul 17th 2016 1:36 pm

Originally Posted by EMR (Post 12004572)
Honestly, I think that we should have had quotas for EU migrants.
That we should have abandoned any special relationships with the commonwealth, ended family reunification for old commonwealth countries..
If the UK does have an immigrant problem as you keep insisting why would you want non eu visa rules relaxed.

I do not trust brexit politicians to do deals that will be to the advantage of the UK .
In did not refer to born abroad but to UK born Asians the ones you denigarate by the term Desi.

Why do you think we should abandon special relationships with Commonwealth countries? Should the Commonwealth be disbanded? or just Britain to leave??

I did not say that we had an "immigrant problem", I stated the rules should be the same for all. Also obviously there had to be some overall control of numbers.

Do you actually read posts? I asked you a couple of questions you did not reply.

You think Brexit politicians will not do deals of EQUAL advantage to the UK, why not?

What did not refer to "born abroad"??

The word 'Desi' is a descriptive term often used by Indian people themselves to refer to the diaspora of Indian and Pakistani origin people around the world. The word means 'country'.

The word is only denigrating when intended to be so by non-Desi people.

Lion in Winter Jul 17th 2016 1:43 pm

Sturgeon: Second independence referendum could be next year - BBC News

Interesting. Maybe Scotland leaves, maybe May uses the lack of a united UK front to postpone Article 50 or declare that it cannot be activated without too great a loss to the country.

House of Cards stuff among the powerful.

EMR Jul 17th 2016 1:51 pm

J

Originally Posted by Bipat (Post 12004577)
Why do you think we should abandon special relationships with Commonwealth countries? Should the Commonwealth be disbanded? or just Britain to leave??

I did not say that we had an "immigrant problem", I stated the rules should be the same for all. Also obviously there had to be some overall control of numbers.

Do you actually read posts? I asked you a couple of questions you did not reply.

You think Brexit politicians will not do deals of EQUAL advantage to the UK, why not?

What did not refer to "born abroad"??

The word 'Desi' is a descriptive term often used by Indian people themselves to refer to the diaspora of Indian and Pakistani origin people around the world. The word means 'country'.

The word is only denigrating when intended to be so by non-Desi people.

I do not believe that brexit politicians will put their personal philosophy and political ambitions above the futures of those who will never vote tory.
If we are supposed to be one nation why use the desi description.
Are you happy with ,pollack, wog, paki.
You referred to non EU migrants, if you are born in the UK you are no longer a migrant.
EU migrants were denied a vote , do you think it was fair that non EU migrants were allowed to vote ?
If so why ?

Bipat Jul 17th 2016 2:15 pm

Originally Posted by EMR (Post 12004587)
J

I do not believe that brexit politicians will put their personal philosophy and political ambitions above the futures of those who will never vote tory.
If we are supposed to be one nation why use the desi description.
Are you happy with ,pollack, wog, paki.
You referred to non EU migrants, if you are born in the UK you are no longer a migrant.
EU migrants were denied a vote , do you think it was fair that non EU migrants were allowed to vote ?
If so why ?

Why would an unfair trade deal benefit any politician.
Why do you think trade deals with non-EU countries are inevitably unfair?

"Desi" you are referring back to a link I put some time ago about the "Desi vote". The link was from the Times of India!!
(How they got the figures and who were included I do not know, that would have been a more useful doubt from yourself --but you missed that!!)

'Desi' is a descripive word used by some about themselves; like 'Brit'--it is from a Sanskrit word, how can it be derogatory? -- unless intended by non-Desi people.
(Even second/third generation or more descendants of immigrants are proud of all their origins, why not?)

The question about EU votes in the referendum is a different issue which has been discussed at length.

EMR Jul 17th 2016 2:21 pm

Originally Posted by Bipat (Post 12004599)
Why would an unfair trade deal benefit any politician.
Why do you think trade deals with non-EU countries are inevitably unfair?

"Desi" you are referring back to a link I put some time ago about the "Desi vote". The link was from the Times of India!!
(How they got the figures and who were included I do not know, that would have been a more useful doubt from yourself --but you missed that!!)

'Desi' is a descripive word used by some about themselves; like 'Brit'--it is from a Sanskrit word, how can it be derogatory? -- unless intended by non-Desi people.
(Even second/third generation or more descendants of immigrants are proud of all their origins, why not?)

The question about EU votes in the referendum is a different issue which has been discussed at length.

No answer from a brexit supporter, regarding denying the vote to EU migrants but granting it to non EU migrants.
I want to know what you think ?.
Given the anti migrant feeling in the UK that dominated the brexit campaign I am suprised that you still refer to second and third generation UK born Asians as migrants. I do not, why do you ?
Should we refer to Boris as a migrant because of his background or the Millibands because of theirs ?
Brexit politicians will claim the credit for trade deals even where there is no evidence that they will create UK jobs and improve the lives for those in areas of economic deprivation..
Its politics., there will be a general election no later than 2020, long before the impact of any deals is revealed.

DaveLovesDee Jul 17th 2016 2:23 pm

Originally Posted by paulry (Post 12004503)
:rofl: And you believe what the Brussels Broadcasting Corporation has to say? :nod::flypig:

I'm going to explain this to you again! In short words this time.

The BBC has had 0.01% of it's total funding in the last 3 years come from the EU.

Note, not 1%, but 100th of 1%.

Now for the longer words.

The BBC is funded by the government (and by UK households under a government-mandated arrangement). The BBC is (and has mostly always been in the last 40 years) a pro-government organisation with a pro-government bias. Whichever party has been in power. If you take the time to look, you'll see that whatever the government's position is on anything, the BBC's position (and that of most of the media's) has been the same.

iano Jul 17th 2016 2:43 pm

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter (Post 12004580)
Sturgeon: Second independence referendum could be next year - BBC News

Interesting. Maybe Scotland leaves, maybe May uses the lack of a united UK front to postpone Article 50 or declare that it cannot be activated without too great a loss to the country.

House of Cards stuff among the powerful.

Indeed it is. Interesting times.

Bipat Jul 17th 2016 2:54 pm

Originally Posted by EMR (Post 12004603)
No answer from a brexit supporter, regarding denying the vote to EU migrants but granting it to non EU migrants.
I want to know what you think ?.
Given the anti migrant feeling in the UK that dominated the brexit campaign I am suprised that you still refer to second and third generation UK born Asians as migrants. I do not, why do you ?
Should we refer to Boris as a migrant because of his background or the Millibands because of theirs ?
Brexit politicians will claim the credit for trade deals even where there is no evidence that they will create UK jobs and improve the lives for those in areas of economic deprivation..
Its politics., there will be a general election no later than 2020, long before the impact of any deals is revealed.

The referendum was for British people to decide whether they should be members of the EU, I would agree that non-British of whatever origin should not have been allowed to vote.

I do not refer to second, third generation UK born Asians or any other nationality as migrants, they can be of "immigrant origin" if all their ancestors were from abroad! or even if some ancestors were from abroad.
Can you not comprehend that they might be PROUD of their origins? Are you suggesting it is something to be ashamed of??