British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Take it Outside! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/take-outside-67/)
-   -   Post EU Referendum (https://britishexpats.com/forum/take-outside-67/post-eu-referendum-879308/)

jimenato Jan 22nd 2017 6:29 pm

Re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by jimenato (Post 12158422)
This person is angry!!:eek:


Originally Posted by DaveLovesDee (Post 12158428)
A lot of Leavers were expecting Article 50 to be triggered the day after the referendum vote.

Even as a Remain voter, I thought it was a possibility after a Leave vote.

They would probably been happier if they'd lost TBH - everyone would have forgotten about it by now.

EMR Jan 22nd 2017 7:03 pm

Re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by Garbatellamike (Post 12158293)
In fairness to EMR he did tell us his business model was based on a fixed rate between £ and Euro (the Pre-Brexit 1.46 rate he called it) so he may not actually be the best judge............

RUBBISH, I was sellimg to UK companies working for a UK comoany that had been trading since 1926.
From the mid 1980s onward manufacturing company after company ceased trading.
Household names in construction such as Crittall closed company after company.
The company that built the facade for Gatwick North terminal only survived for just a few years later.
Its German competitors took over .
My OH worked for one of the biggest local employers , packing and preparing cars for export for Rover, Land Rover, GM.,.
Its now a depot gor car storage.
I could list 100,s of UK manufacturers that once exported but no longer exist.
Many faded long before the Euro.
Why in many cases then as now the mindset was of an outdated view that British was best even if outdated and uncompetative.
.

Fredbargate Jan 22nd 2017 8:26 pm

Re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by DaveLovesDee (Post 12158315)
The UK government can't make their own free trade deals with other countries while a member of the EU.

I believe that is what I said

amideislas Jan 22nd 2017 8:27 pm

Re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by jimenato (Post 12158422)
This person is angry!!:eek:

They all will be. It's quite a shock to want so badly to believe in something, only to realise it's all a farce at the end of the day.

No worries though. In the end, the spinmeisters will put a happy face on it all, and blame it all on the EU for forcing Britain out. No guilt. Wasn't us. It was "them". You know, "those guys". The "baddies". "bogeymen". Not our fault. Victims, we are.

Dick Dasterdly Jan 22nd 2017 8:42 pm

Re: Post EU Referendum
 
https://www.bloomberg.com/politics/a...ump-this-month


The Trump administration will lay the groundwork this week for a trade deal between the U.S. and the U.K. that would take effect after Britain leaves the European Union, a White House aide said, as Prime Minister Theresa May becomes the first foreign leader to visit the new president.

May last week declared Britain is "open for business" as she announced plans to pursue a clean break with the EU, paving the way for the U.K. to eventually strike new trade accords with the continent and other countries. May said she will travel to Washington and speak to President Donald Trump on Friday.



Hope the Brussels bully boys aren't too offended.
There again, who cares a toss if they are.
:thumbup:

Dick Dasterdly Jan 22nd 2017 8:49 pm

Re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by DaveLovesDee (Post 12158170)
So we imported 53.5bn more than we exported to Germany, so twice as much as we imported. Thanks for accepting we're an import economy in regard to Germany.

How much will customs duties affect this if we leave the EU customs union?

A massive tariff income balance in favour of the U.K. on a like for like basis if the clowns in Brussels want to play hardball.

:thumbup:

Red Eric Jan 22nd 2017 8:51 pm

Re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly (Post 12158516)
Hope the Brussels bully boys aren't too offended.
There again, who cares a toss if they are.
:thumbup:

Certainly not me Dick. Nor anyone else round here as far as I can tell.

Sorry - what was your point (apart from the fact that the world continues to turn)?

Dick Dasterdly Jan 22nd 2017 9:03 pm

Re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by Red Eric (Post 12158527)
Certainly not me Dick. Nor anyone else round here as far as I can tell.

Sorry - what was your point (apart from the fact that the world continues to turn)?


Maybe you should look around you a little more and you don't need look very far.;)

Yes the world continues to turn, ..a bit like a roulette wheel and recently the good numbers have been coming our way even more than ever before,

while over in Brussels, oh dear, oh dear,
...just when you think it can't get any worse.

:cool:

la mancha Jan 22nd 2017 9:20 pm

Re: Post EU Referendum
 
Angry? Me? I’m on top of the world, my world now, mine and all the other millions of people who are fed up with the old.

I am not angry: I am stronger. We all are; the millions of us who voted to get out of the EU. It is you who are still in the year ‘Project Fear’ who have been shocked, dazed and hurled out of your comfort zone. Listen up, you hopeless bunch of doom-mongers, it is you who wanted so badly to believe there was no way we would ever leave the EU and who are now stuck in Project Fear mode, rabbits in the headlights with nowhere to go, frozen in time, unsure of the future because you cannot see any further than yesterday.

When David Davis walked into Berlaymont the greeting he received from Guy Verhofstadt was ‘Welcome to Hell’. Truest words ever said. The whole of the EU is one big HELL.

Dick Dasterdly Jan 22nd 2017 9:24 pm

Re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by DaveLovesDee (Post 12157796)
EU rules ensured the same set of rules applied to all EU countries, including the UK.

Absolute Bollox.
They never have and they never will.

Remember the so called quotas and how little notice certain countries took of them, while Brussels simply turned a blind eye rather than risk upsetting the apple cart any more than it had to.

I think back then that the Uk was one of the very few countries that tried to follow the rule book.
Hopefully we have more sense now.

:cool:

Dick Dasterdly Jan 22nd 2017 9:30 pm

Re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by la mancha (Post 12157601)
I’ve been gone for a couple of months spending my time living in the real world talking to ordinary people who have to actually live and work in the UK and not in some foreign bolthole, and thought I would drop in to see how things are going. What do I find? The same old shite from the same old harbingers of doom. All you economists/politicians/lawyers/windbags still understand SFA why people voted to leave the EU.

I know you lot of social media lawyers/economists/politicians/windbags don’t like it but things are changing. You all sound so ‘long-ago’ now. The old has had its chance and it has failed ordinary people miserably. Just to hear Merkel mention the four pillars of the European Union now is so ‘past your sell by date’. You bunch of miseries are now yesterday’s people trying to hang onto a failed past.

Great to see Theresa bang a fist on the table, so to speak. Don’t forget what I said long ago, nutters; if it all goes bad for the UK the EU will crumble like a pile of wet Guardians. Seems like others are saying the same thing, too. No deal is better than a bad deal for Britain!!!!

Sad to see yesterday’s people on here still banging on about the same old same, links and all, about shite that don’t mean nuthin’. Most of the crap you post links to you could drive a bus through and the rest aren’t worth a light. Yesterday’s people…

My heart rejoices with the fact that there are less Eastern Europeans walking the streets where I live than there were last year. Do local businesses now suffer with recruitment? No. But why tell you load of depressives? Go read the Guardian. They know best.

Talking about the Guardian, I see they are a bit hard up at the moment since more people read the paper than actually buy it and they are asking you onliners to make a financial contribution. Since many of you sad doubters can only be sedated with your daily dose of Guardian, how about it, cheapskates, any offers because without the free online Guardian I don’t know what you load of miseries will do. Prozac costs money.

No deal is better than a bad deal for Britain. I really like that.

:goodpost:

Spot on.

Seems like the Guardian is almost as deep in the mire as the Eu.

Maybe that's why they are now printing ever more pro Brexit articles in the hope of attracting a wider audience in the desperate hope of increasing their readership.

:cool:

Dick Dasterdly Jan 22nd 2017 9:38 pm

Re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by EMR (Post 12158111)
What our brexit politicians seem not to understand is that they can make as much noise as they like but it is the business community across the EU and UK who will make the decisions that will either make brexit a success or not for the UK economy.

Still living in your own tiny little World EMR ?

It is the business communities all around the Globe which will decide,
and at this present moment the Global signs and reactions could hardly look more rosier in favour of the U.K.

:cool:

EMR Jan 22nd 2017 9:59 pm

Re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly (Post 12158551)
Still living in your own tiny little World EMR ?

It is the business communities all around the Globe which will decide,
and at this present moment the Global signs and reactions could hardly look more rosier in favour of the U.K.

:cool:

Your evidence is what.Can you provide one fact to confirm that any of our old manufacturing plants are goimg to re open.
Can you provide one single piece of evidence that any of the volume products we import from China etc will under brexit will be made in the UK..
Can you provide anything that could even remotely be described as a FACT..

Your hero worship of Trump will prove just as beneficial to the UK as that if the reject opportunist Farage.

Trumps philiosophy is simple, he wins everyone else loses.

Red Eric Jan 22nd 2017 10:02 pm

Re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly (Post 12158551)
... and at this present moment the Global signs and reactions could hardly look more rosier in favour of the U.K.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Dick, :cool:

Dick Dasterdly Jan 22nd 2017 11:00 pm

Re: Post EU Referendum
 
How about this Comrades,
Straight from your own bible. :lol:

Seems the jokes on you.

https://www.theguardian.com/business...acturers-china

Manufacturing sector
Production returning to UK as cost advantage in China diminishes.

One in six companies brought manufacturing back to Britain in last three years according to EEF, with signs trend will continue.

:thumbup:


All times are GMT. The time now is 8:04 am.

Powered by vBulletin: ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.