British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Take it Outside! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/take-outside-67/)
-   -   Post EU Referendum (https://britishexpats.com/forum/take-outside-67/post-eu-referendum-879308/)

SultanOfSwing Jan 20th 2017 3:58 pm

Re: Post EU Referendum

Originally Posted by Bipat (Post 12156858)
'Brazilian' bananas---they are different from those I was describing. I have never found any spiders. Occasionally mice get at them but plenty of them already in UK!
Perhaps the UK could manufacture a lower useful dose from the Brazilion ones.

The 'article' (term used loosely) claimed the peelable dildos came from Colombia, if that makes any difference.

I had originally made a poor attempt at a joke about those stories you hear about huge spiders arriving in crates of fruit, coupled with good old-fashioned British tabloid sensationalism. Turned out I'd guessed correctly :D

EMR Jan 20th 2017 4:18 pm

Originally Posted by InVinoVeritas (Post 12156622)
My God - how many mistakes can you make in one short post :eek::eek::eek:

You obviously do not realise how low an opinion I have of those who are a pedontic as u..

JUST FOR YOU?
HOW FAR WILL THE FICTICIOUS 350. MILLION GO TO SATISFY THE DEMANDS OF THE NHS ETC AND THE COMPANIES QUEUING UP FOR SUBSIDIES TO COVER THE COSTS OF WITHDRAWING FROM THE SINGLE MARKET?

DO YOU UNDERSTAND NOW ?

DaveLovesDee Jan 20th 2017 4:30 pm

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing (Post 12156851)
Of all the things to get bent out of shape (:sneaky:) over, that's a good one.

Pardon my hyperbole. I just really ****ing hate bananas. There aren't a lot of foods I don't like, but they just straight up make me gag every time I smell them :sick:

Is that a euphamism? :p

SultanOfSwing Jan 20th 2017 4:35 pm

Originally Posted by DaveLovesDee (Post 12156880)
Is that a euphamism? :p

:lol: no.

Shit thing is, my daughter loves them and she has a habit of waving them in my face because she knows I don't like them. One of these days I'm going to be sick on her and it will all end in tears.

Red Eric Jan 20th 2017 5:18 pm

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter (Post 12156821)
I think all bananas are non-EU immigrants, aren't they? I mean, how often does one see a Polish banana? So banana importation is not likely to be affected by Brexit one way or another.

They grow excellent bananas and avocado pears on Madeira and pineapples, yams and tea in the Azores - amongst many other things in both cases.

Red Eric Jan 20th 2017 5:22 pm

Originally Posted by Fredbargate (Post 12156855)
It's already happened and we are already contributing to the UK to help pay for their pathetic management with their ever increasing debt.

However that was an EU lawyer I wonder what happens post Brexit

Luckily most revenue is earned outside the EU and thus is not taxable.

I guess post-Brexit, Gibraltar won't have recourse to the ECJ and Westminster will be able to say "No means No" or "Tax means Tax" or something. That's what taking Back Control is all about, as far as I can tell.

Who did you think you'd be able to go to to complain about this sort of bullying?

Fredbargate Jan 20th 2017 5:27 pm

Originally Posted by Red Eric (Post 12156936)
I guess post-Brexit, Gibraltar won't have recourse to the ECJ and Westminster will be able to say "No means No" or "Tax means Tax" or something. That's what taking Back Control is all about, as far as I can tell.

Who did you think you'd be able to go to to complain about this sort of bullying?

Is the ECJ part of the EU?

Red Eric Jan 20th 2017 5:32 pm

Originally Posted by Fredbargate (Post 12156941)
Is the ECJ part of the EU?

:eek::eek::eek:

Stunning.

InVinoVeritas Jan 20th 2017 5:55 pm

Originally Posted by EMR (Post 12156872)
You obviously do not realise how low an opinion I have of those who are a pedontic as u..

JUST FOR YOU?
HOW FAR WILL THE FICTICIOUS 350. MILLION GO TO SATISFY THE DEMANDS OF THE NHS ETC AND THE COMPANIES QUEUING UP FOR SUBSIDIES TO COVER THE COSTS OF WITHDRAWING FROM THE SINGLE MARKET?

DO YOU UNDERSTAND NOW ?

No, but at least I appreciate the beauty of what you have written - pedontics rejoice!

Fredbargate Jan 20th 2017 6:12 pm

Originally Posted by Red Eric (Post 12156945)
:eek::eek::eek:

Stunning.

Thank you

So the following will be consigned to the history books after brexit

But the advocate general to the European Court of Justice (ECJ), Maciej Szpunar, “takes the view that, for the purposes of the freedom to provide services, Gibraltar and the UK are to be treated as one entity,” the court said in a statement.

Fredbargate Jan 20th 2017 6:13 pm

Originally Posted by EMR (Post 12156872)

JUST FOR YOU?

DO YOU UNDERSTAND NOW ?

Certainly not far enough to satisfy the need for mental institutions.

Red Eric Jan 20th 2017 6:26 pm

Originally Posted by Fredbargate (Post 12156989)
Thank you

So the following will be consigned to the history books after brexit

But the advocate general to the European Court of Justice (ECJ), Maciej Szpunar, “takes the view that, for the purposes of the freedom to provide services, Gibraltar and the UK are to be treated as one entity,” the court said in a statement.

Right ho, then.

So who would Gib take it up with?

Lion in Winter Jan 20th 2017 6:55 pm

Originally Posted by Red Eric (Post 12156930)
They grow excellent bananas and avocado pears on Madeira and pineapples, yams and tea in the Azores - amongst many other things in both cases.

They must be among the mass uncontrolled lot then. The last thing you want is a bunch of avocados clogging up the roads.

Fredbargate Jan 20th 2017 7:05 pm

Originally Posted by Red Eric (Post 12156997)
Right ho, then.

So who would Gib take it up with?

Probably No.6

Fredbargate Jan 20th 2017 8:10 pm

Nigel Farage has been hired as a commentator for American TV network Fox News, the broadcaster has announced.

Nigel Farage hired by Fox News as a political analyst - BBC News