British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Take it Outside! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/take-outside-67/)
-   -   Post EU Referendum (https://britishexpats.com/forum/take-outside-67/post-eu-referendum-879308/)

DaveLovesDee Jan 14th 2017 12:59 pm

Re: Post EU Referendum

Originally Posted by DigitalGhost (Post 12151720)
I never said that they weren't issued, I said they were fairly difficult to obtain. India is probably still the biggest exporter of emigrants to every major economy I think.

No more difficult to obtain than for other non-EU nationalities.

Bipat Jan 14th 2017 1:04 pm

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl (Post 12151723)
I agree and it's not just in this thread. For those who wish to discuss India please open a new thread as further posts in this and other threads will be deleted. Thank you.

Jerseygirl, I agree that the argument went on far too long. However negative remarks regarding the country you live in and that of family and children are difficult resist answering particularly when the OP has never been there.

That aside, can you explain why it is OK on this thread or other threads to discuss USA, Canada, Australia, Russia but not India? There will be trade agreements post Brexit can they not be discussed?

DigitalGhost Jan 14th 2017 1:21 pm

Originally Posted by DaveLovesDee (Post 12151728)
No more difficult to obtain than for other non-EU nationalities.

Are you totally sure about that? It seems unlikely to me if I'm honest.

DaveLovesDee Jan 14th 2017 1:23 pm

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly (Post 12151726)
Surely this can't be the same Ryanair as the one who said it was leaving if we voted Brexit ? :confused:

Ryanair plans nine new routes in a bid to boost passenger numbers to 20M | This is Money

And again. They're trying to make as much money as they can before they lose some routes.

EU-registered airlines and transport companies will lose the right to operate internal UK-UK flights (such as London Gatwick - Belfast), under the right of cabotage.

For the same reason, those airlines registered in the UK will lose any flights that both start in finish in the remaining EU countries.

Cabotage is the transport of goods or passengers between two places in the same country by a transport operator from another country.

Cabotage in passenger aviation

European Union
Carriers licensed under EU law are permitted to engage in cabotage in any EU member state, with some limitations.[8][9] Ryanair, easyJet, Vueling, Wizz Air and Aer Lingus have bases and operate domestic services outside their home countries.

DaveLovesDee Jan 14th 2017 1:32 pm

Originally Posted by DigitalGhost (Post 12151740)
Are you totally sure about that? It seems unlikely to me if I'm honest.

Unlikely?

So you suggested it's harder for Indians to get visas to the UK because you think it's unlikely to be no more difficult than for everyone else from non-EU countries.

Am I understanding you correctly? Have a read of the immigration rules and tell me where you are get the idea that getting a visa is more difficult for Indian nationals.

Bipat Jan 14th 2017 1:49 pm

Originally Posted by DaveLovesDee (Post 12151747)
Unlikely?

So you suggested it's harder for Indians to get visas to the UK because you think it's unlikely to be no more difficult than for everyone else from non-EU countries.

Am I understanding you correctly? Have a read of the immigration rules and tell me where you are get the idea that getting a visa is more difficult for Indian nationals.

Could it be that there is confusion between visas for potential migrants and the visas for visiting, business activities etc. In these visa types there is difference between different countries and as I pointed out reciprocal difficulties for British nationals.
Visas for British travellers to that "I" country:lol: started after the assassination of its PM and because of sympathisers among migrants in the UK. Visas have been used by both ever since at ever increasing cost to the travellers.

DaveLovesDee Jan 14th 2017 2:37 pm

Originally Posted by Bipat (Post 12151759)
Could it be that there is confusion between visas for potential migrants and the visas for visiting, business activities etc. In these visa types there is difference between different countries and as I pointed out reciprocal difficulties for British nationals.
Visas for British travellers to that "I" country:lol: started after the assassination of its PM and because of sympathisers among migrants in the UK. Visas have been used by both ever since at ever increasing cost to the travellers.

I thought he was referring to all visa types. He hasn't specified a particular type.

mikelincs Jan 14th 2017 3:23 pm

The current situation about brexit and it's effect can be summed up by considering the story of a man jumping from the 100th floor of a building, and as he passes floor 50 he thinks, well this isn't so bad after all, nothing bad has happened YET.

scrubbedexpat099 Jan 14th 2017 3:33 pm

Joining the EU was only going to end up as a disaster, but I like the analogy.

DaveLovesDee Jan 14th 2017 4:07 pm

Originally Posted by Boiler (Post 12151805)
Joining the EU was only going to end up as a disaster, but I like the analogy.

But the guy jumping is a base-jumper, and he'll open his parachute soon.

The UK was involved in, and agreed to, every EU decision since it joined. And got more opt-outs and rebates than every other member.

scrubbedexpat099 Jan 14th 2017 4:11 pm

Brexit is the parachute that saves us!

Novocastrian Jan 14th 2017 4:14 pm

Originally Posted by Boiler (Post 12151834)
Brexit is the parachute that saves us!

Is it a red, white and blue parachute? If not, there'll be a very hard landing.

Fredbargate Jan 14th 2017 4:14 pm

Originally Posted by Bipat (Post 12151730)
Jerseygirl, I agree that the argument went on far too long. However negative remarks regarding the country you live in and that of family and children are difficult resist answering particularly when the OP has never been there.

That aside, can you explain why it is OK on this thread or other threads to discuss USA, Canada, Australia, Russia but not India? There will be trade agreements post Brexit can they not be discussed?

:goodpost:

Fredbargate Jan 14th 2017 4:16 pm

Originally Posted by DigitalGhost (Post 12151688)
If people want to express concerns then they're well within their rights but at the same time that doesn't excuse either side insulting or name-calling against the other.

Well that would silence one poster at least.

scrubbedexpat099 Jan 14th 2017 4:17 pm

Originally Posted by Novocastrian (Post 12151836)
Is it a red, white and blue parachute? If not, there'll be a very hard landing.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-PgtZj8S4kf...emony-2012.jpg