British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Take it Outside! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/take-outside-67/)
-   -   Post EU Referendum (https://britishexpats.com/forum/take-outside-67/post-eu-referendum-879308/)

Scamp Jan 11th 2017 12:42 pm

Re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by DigitalGhost (Post 12149006)
I wouldn't necessarily jump to that conclusion. As a pro-Brexit voter myself, I voted out on the basis of tightening the many loopholes that currently exist within the British immigration system and with a view to creating a far more stable, manageable and fair system for all.

This sounds very good, but what's the cost?
What sort of loopholes?

So it's about stopping free movement to make movement harder, but in the long run better because that's fairer? Fairer to who?

What about all the EU folk in the UK already?

EMR Jan 11th 2017 12:44 pm

Re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by DigitalGhost (Post 12149018)
Jesus Christ, OK look as other members have warned you on here before, you really shouldn't try to argue with me. You may disagree with my views and that is absolutely your right but at the end of the day that doesn't change the fact that I am notably smarter, more mature and more knowledgeable than you are.

By constantly trying to insult me and misrepresent my statements all that you are doing is making yourself look silly. Your overall appalling quality of written English really doesn't help your cause6 either.


Correcting your knowledge of history and current events is not misrepresentation or questioning your statements.
If you cannot take it then you do not have to post..
If you are so smart , then why are you spending hours of the working day on the internet..
Should you not be making better use of your degree.
My excuse is that I am semi retired what is yours.
I am not arguing with yiou that suggests that you have something of value to post,.

Red Eric Jan 11th 2017 12:46 pm

Re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by EMR (Post 12149042)
My excuse is that I am semi retired what is yours.

His physio told him he needed more finger exercise. And the boss is away.

Fredbargate Jan 11th 2017 12:48 pm

Re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by DaveLovesDee (Post 12149008)
Because anyone entering the UK or Ireland (the Common Travel Area) should have these checks done by UK or Irish immigration (though Fred has said previously he was stopped at an Irish ferry port once).

No, what I said was that I was not stopped.

On a trip from Gibraltar to the UK by car traveling through Spain, France and Ireland at no time were my ID documents examined at any border.;

Bipat Jan 11th 2017 12:50 pm

Re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by Scamp (Post 12149040)
This sounds very good, but what's the cost?
What sort of loopholes?

So it's about stopping free movement to make movement harder, but in the long run better because that's fairer? Fairer to who?

What about all the EU folk in the UK already?

There have always been European workers/residents in the UK, long before EEC existed.
Why would this change?
The ending of 'free movement' would be fairer to would-be permanent migrants from non-EU Europe and the rest of the world.

Seasonal and temporary workers would obviously be from Europe. As I replied to another poster people are not going to travel across the world just to collect garbage (his idea of immigrant labour).

DigitalGhost Jan 11th 2017 12:52 pm

Re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by EMR (Post 12149042)
My excuse is that I am semi retired what is yours.
.

Oh wow, seriously? From the way you talk I just assumed that you were in your early 20's or something.

DigitalGhost Jan 11th 2017 12:53 pm

Re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by Fredbargate (Post 12149052)
No, what I said was that I was not stopped.

On a trip from Gibraltar to the UK by car traveling through Spain, France and Ireland at no time were my ID documents examined at any border.;

That's worrying.

Red Eric Jan 11th 2017 12:53 pm

Re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by DigitalGhost (Post 12148940)
If the NHS can only hire 1,000 foreign nurses per year then they might start to take education and training programs a bit more seriously.

They will be able to spend £350 million a week on training. Apparently.

DigitalGhost Jan 11th 2017 12:54 pm

Re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by Bipat (Post 12149054)
The ending of 'free movement' would be fairer to would-be permanent migrants from non-EU Europe and the rest of the world.

Seasonal and temporary workers would obviously be from Europe. As I replied to another poster people are not going to travel across the world just to collect garbage (his idea of immigrant labour).

Bipat and I often don't see eye to eye but I could agree more with these statements.

Red Eric Jan 11th 2017 1:01 pm

Re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by DigitalGhost (Post 12148991)
Not particularly. They earn a decent living wage and work hard for it. If they did retire overseas, which I don't think they intend to do, then it would probably be outside of the EU anyway since the Euro has made retiring in the likes of Spain or Portugal prohibitively expensive and non-cost effective these days.

:confused: What are you talking about???

EMR Jan 11th 2017 1:12 pm

Re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by DigitalGhost (Post 12149058)
Oh wow, seriously? From the way you talk I just assumed that you were in your early 20's or something.

I would still no far more than you do about just about everything,.
Why are yiou spending your time on a forum instead of usung your degree and contributing to the economy of the UK. ?

DaveLovesDee Jan 11th 2017 1:17 pm

Re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by Fredbargate (Post 12149052)
No, what I said was that I was not stopped.

On a trip from Gibraltar to the UK by car traveling through Spain, France and Ireland at no time were my ID documents examined at any border.;

My apologies Fred. That was what I intended to write.

I have edited the post concerned. Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

DaveLovesDee Jan 11th 2017 1:18 pm

Re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by DigitalGhost (Post 12149061)
Bipat and I often don't see eye to eye but I could agree more with these statements.

Could, or couldn't?

DigitalGhost Jan 11th 2017 1:20 pm

Re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by DaveLovesDee (Post 12149083)
Could, or couldn't?

I meant to write 'couldn't' obviously, sorry.

DigitalGhost Jan 11th 2017 1:21 pm

Re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by EMR (Post 12149077)
I would still no far more than you do about just about everything,.

I'm sorry but we both know that's not true. Other people on here have even told you the same thing in the past.


Originally Posted by EMR (Post 12149077)
Why are yiou spending your time on a forum instead of usung your degree and contributing to the economy of the UK. ?

Not everybody works a 9-5.


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:24 am.

Powered by vBulletin: ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.