British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Take it Outside! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/take-outside-67/)
-   -   Post EU Referendum (https://britishexpats.com/forum/take-outside-67/post-eu-referendum-879308/)

Lion in Winter Jan 10th 2017 6:54 pm

Re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing (Post 12148363)
That was cold as ice.

Well I'm a long, long way from home.

SultanOfSwing Jan 10th 2017 6:56 pm

Re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter (Post 12148365)
Well I'm a long, long way from home.

It feels like the first time I've heard someone say that.

DigitalGhost Jan 10th 2017 7:01 pm

Re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing (Post 12148352)
Citation needed.

The guy just said compared the EU's importance with that of the US federal government. He also claims that any radicalisation of Syrian refugees that happens will be the fault of Britain for not making them feel welcome enough.

DigitalGhost Jan 10th 2017 7:03 pm

Re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter (Post 12148356)
Does one ever get sick anywhere else? Just wondering.

When people start shouting that others are traitors because they disagree with their ideological stance, that's the time to get worried.

He priorities the wants and wishes of Syrians over the needs of the British public. What do you call that if not treachery? Silliness perhaps?

SultanOfSwing Jan 10th 2017 7:13 pm

Re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by DigitalGhost (Post 12148373)
The guy just said compared the EU's importance with that of the US federal government. He also claims that any radicalisation of Syrian refugees that happens will be the fault of Britain for not making them feel welcome enough.

I'm going to respectfully disagree with both of those points.

I saw him listing a few benefits of EU membership that will go away after Brexit (such as cooperation of intelligence agencies). Unrelated, but also, his point about the necessary secured border between the ROI and NI as directly contravening the Belfast Agreement is a very valid point - this will be the UK government directly breaking a covenant it made with its people if the Common Travel Area is abolished. Poor form, indeed.

And he did not claim radicalization of Syrian refugees will be a direct result of either not being made welcome, or UK policy. Radicalization of any would-be terrorist is made easy by certain actions.


Originally Posted by DigitalGhost (Post 12148376)
He priorities the wants and wishes of Syrians over the needs of the British public. What do you call that if not treachery? Silliness perhaps?

No, he doesnt. In no post made by Dave does he once put the needs of any one group before any other. He's pretty clear about that.

To be honest, right wing ideology and unchecked, exclusionary nationalism make me sick to my stomach, but oh great Jesus, the outrage if I were to harp on about that in this thread the way you've been firing off platitudes like some kind of sniper.

DigitalGhost Jan 10th 2017 7:28 pm

Re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing (Post 12148389)
I'm going to respectfully disagree with both of those points.

I saw him listing a few benefits of EU membership that will go away after Brexit (such as cooperation of intelligence agencies). Unrelated, but also, his point about the necessary secured border between the ROI and NI as directly contravening the Belfast Agreement is a very valid point - this will be the UK government directly breaking a covenant it made with its people if the Common Travel Area is abolished. Poor form, indeed.

And he did not claim radicalization of Syrian refugees will be a direct result of either not being made welcome, or UK policy. Radicalization of any would-be terrorist is made easy by certain actions.



No, he doesnt. In no post made by Dave does he once put the needs of any one group before any other. He's pretty clear about that.

To be honest, right wing ideology and unchecked, exclusionary nationalism make me sick to my stomach, but oh great Jesus, the outrage if I were to harp on about that in this thread the way you've been firing off platitudes like some kind of sniper.

So you don't agree that a country should always consider the needs and safety of itself and its own citizens first?

SultanOfSwing Jan 10th 2017 7:30 pm

Re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by DigitalGhost (Post 12148414)
So you don't agree that a country should always consider the needs and safety of itself and its own citizens first?

Where did I say that?

Dick Dasterdly Jan 10th 2017 7:45 pm

Re: Post EU Referendum
 
Further confirmation of the previous link, for the doubters.

UK in 'front seat' for US trade deal, top Republican says - BBC News

:thumbup:

Dick Dasterdly Jan 10th 2017 7:49 pm

Re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by DigitalGhost (Post 12147884)
If nothing else it will collapse under the weight of it's own red tape, economic failures and the outright disaster that was the Schengen treaty.

Schengen is pretty much a reflection of the Eu as a whole, on its last knees.

Dick Dasterdly Jan 10th 2017 7:53 pm

Re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by Boiler (Post 12148210)
Austria will maintain border controls ‘indefinitely’ – POLITICO

Austria will maintain border controls ‘indefinitely’
A return to Schenghen borders is not ‘justifiable,’ says interior minister.

Quite,

Even Germany's traditional allies within the Eu have suffered enough nonsense and are putting self preservation top of their list of priorities.

:cool:

DaveLovesDee Jan 10th 2017 7:54 pm

Re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by DigitalGhost (Post 12148345)
Nice obscure choice of reference there. You might as well have cited your own blog.

My blog doesn't discuss politics. That subject gets way too many people pissed off.


Its a deal. If they become a world class surgeon then it's on you as is if they become radicalised and hurt someone since your lot were the ones rallying to let them into the country against the national interest.
I'm supporting people who have had their lives destroyed in the name of ideology, and have left to avoid dying. If I lost everything in my life in whichever country I called home, I'd hope that others would be compassionate towards me too. I'd leave that country if it was a war zone too!


I'm sorry but your treacherous kind make me sick to the stomach.
If you hate my kind that much, put me on ignore. Or go play on another thread.

I won't be putting you on ignore because the misrepresentations of people's opinions that you constantly make have to be challenged. Ignoring you just helps validate your vile opinions.


Originally Posted by DigitalGhost (Post 12148349)
Simply put, his kind will not be content until Britain is completely owned and controlled by foreigners. Why that is exactly I will never understand.

Really! Are you really reading that from my posts?

Actually, I won't be content until Britain is free of those selfish people who have no compassion for those who need our help.


Originally Posted by DigitalGhost (Post 12148373)
The guy just said compared the EU's importance with that of the US federal government. He also claims that any radicalisation of Syrian refugees that happens will be the fault of Britain for not making them feel welcome enough.

Which guy, in which post?

I've not said that, and I'd like to see where you think I did so. You're yet again reading stuff into my posts that aren't there. Stop it.


Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing (Post 12148389)
I'm going to respectfully disagree with both of those points.

I saw him listing a few benefits of EU membership that will go away after Brexit (such as cooperation of intelligence agencies). Unrelated, but also, his point about the necessary secured border between the ROI and NI as directly contravening the Belfast Agreement is a very valid point - this will be the UK government directly breaking a covenant it made with its people if the Common Travel Area is abolished. Poor form, indeed.

And he did not claim radicalization of Syrian refugees will be a direct result of either not being made welcome, or UK policy. Radicalization of any would-be terrorist is made easy by certain actions.



No, he doesnt. In no post made by Dave does he once put the needs of any one group before any other. He's pretty clear about that.

To be honest, right wing ideology and unchecked, exclusionary nationalism make me sick to my stomach, but oh great Jesus, the outrage if I were to harp on about that in this thread the way you've been firing off platitudes like some kind of sniper.

Thanks SoS. DG seems to have come out of nowhere to become even worse than TGA, DD, Paulry and Vexcore.

Without any of those other's entertainment value.

DaveLovesDee Jan 10th 2017 7:57 pm

Re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly (Post 12148436)
Further confirmation of the previous link, for the doubters.

UK in 'front seat' for US trade deal, top Republican says - BBC News

:thumbup:

Does the Republican gentleman know that the UK isn't allowed to negotiate trade deals with anyone until the date we actually Brexit?

Not when the new administration takes office.

Dick Dasterdly Jan 10th 2017 8:01 pm

Re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by Boiler (Post 12148226)
I assume the emergency has no obvious end date.

The French State of Emergency which began after the Nov 2015 atrocities has recently been extended to 15th July 2017.

The decision was approved by a massive majority.

Yet a further sign of the desperate state of affairs within the EU.

:cool:

Dick Dasterdly Jan 10th 2017 8:03 pm

Re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by DaveLovesDee (Post 12148455)
Does the Republican gentleman know that the UK isn't allowed to negotiate trade deals with anyone until the date we actually Brexit?

Not when the new administration takes office.


Do you seriously think anyone cares a toss about such petty Eu regulations anymore ? :rofl:

Red Eric Jan 10th 2017 8:04 pm

Re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by DaveLovesDee (Post 12148451)
Thanks SoS. DG seems to have come out of nowhere to become even worse than TGA, DD, Paulry and Vexcore.

Without any of those other's entertainment value.

Filling the vacuum.

Oh no, hang on a mo'.....hold it....nope, Dick's still here.

On second thoughts, as you were, it is a vacuum :lol:

Actually, to be fair, he hasn't come out of nowhere. He had a whirlwind romance with this site last year, too, for a couple of weeks. Boss or other half on holiday, I reckon ;)


All times are GMT. The time now is 3:57 pm.

Powered by vBulletin: ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.