British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Take it Outside! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/take-outside-67/)
-   -   Post EU Referendum (https://britishexpats.com/forum/take-outside-67/post-eu-referendum-879308/)

Novocastrian Jan 10th 2017 6:25 pm

Re: Post EU Referendum

Originally Posted by DigitalGhost (Post 12148260)
Are we in a state of emergency right now?

Yup.

DaveLovesDee Jan 10th 2017 6:31 pm

Originally Posted by DigitalGhost (Post 12148283)
America did not cause the Syria problem. Syria caused the Syria problem. Nobody told them to kick off with Asad and plunge their country into turmoil. They saw what happened in Egypt and Libya and foolishly attempted to replicate it.

The West Created & Perpetuates The Syrian Civil War Along with Russia.

I am sick of all of this leftist nonsense about so-called obligation. This country owes the people of Syria nothing and should not have accepted any asylum applications from any Syrians who were not already living in the UK at the time.
I thought compassion for those in need was a human trait, whether you're a left or right-leaning person.

But 'not accepting asylum applications from Syrians not already living in the UK' is typical of the Tory mindset these days.

All disrespect intended, but if you don't like that we have compassion for those in need, or that we don't have mines in the English channel and and fences with barbed wire and armed guards patrolling 24/7, then piss off back to wherever you were before. And either accept that all legal immigrants i(including EU nationals) have as much right to work on arrival as UK nationals do, or tell your wife to quit her job. Because your hypocrisy stinks.

I only hope that one of those refugees who they have foolishly admitted doesn't end up harming someone because if that happens then every one of you that supported the decision to allow them in will have blood on your hands.
I hope all of those refugees don't do anything to harm us, not just one. And they're much less likely to be radicalised if we help them instead of assuming they're all out to get us.

But if one of them does attempt to harm us, the blood won't be on my hands because I'm not the one who's radicalising them or spreading hate towards them.

But of course, if you want to make people like me responsible for any misdeeds, make sure you thank us if one of them becomes a world-class surgeon/etc because of the opportunities they got in the UK.

SultanOfSwing Jan 10th 2017 6:32 pm

Originally Posted by DigitalGhost (Post 12148313)
Why would you consider UKIP to be far right? Other than being anti-EU there has never been anything particularly far right about them IMHO.

They are farther to the right of centre-right/moderate right New Labour and the Lib-Dems and are much more aligned with the hard-right Tories. It's purely descriptive. Don't get me wrong, I am not calling them fascists, but I certainly don't mean it as a compliment either.

Lion in Winter Jan 10th 2017 6:35 pm

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing (Post 12148330)
They are farther to the right of centre-right/moderate right New Labour and the Lib-Dems and are much more aligned with the hard-right Tories. It's purely descriptive. Don't get me wrong, I am not calling them fascists, but I certainly don't mean it as a compliment either.

They aren't nearly organized enough to be fascists :D

DaveLovesDee Jan 10th 2017 6:35 pm

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter (Post 12148289)
Voter apathy is high. Why? People don't see how what their government does is related to them at all, and mainstream media won't tell them either.

Now replace the highlighted words with the EU and you'll get why the Leave side won the EU referendum.

DaveLovesDee Jan 10th 2017 6:38 pm

Originally Posted by DigitalGhost (Post 12148313)
Why would you consider UKIP to be far right? Other than being anti-EU there has never been anything particularly far right about them IMHO.

Political commentators say UKIP and the Tories are far-right.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-s0_DEE-M7M...lustration.png

SultanOfSwing Jan 10th 2017 6:39 pm

Originally Posted by DaveLovesDee (Post 12148337)

I knew you'd come along with a better description than I could provide.

DigitalGhost Jan 10th 2017 6:40 pm

Originally Posted by DaveLovesDee (Post 12148329)
The West Created & Perpetuates The Syrian Civil War Along with Russia.

I thought compassion for those in need was a human trait, whether you're a left or right-leaning person.

But 'not accepting asylum applications from Syrians not already living in the UK' is typical of the Tory mindset these days.

All disrespect intended, but if you don't like that we have compassion for those in need, or that we don't have mines in the English channel and and fences with barbed wire and armed guards patrolling 24/7, then piss off back to wherever you were before. And either accept that all legal immigrants i(including EU nationals) have as much right to work on arrival as UK nationals do, or tell your wife to quit her job. Because your hypocrisy stinks.

I hope all of those refugees don't do anything to harm us, not just one. And they're much less likely to be radicalised if we help them instead of assuming they're all out to get us.

But if one of them does attempt to harm us, the blood won't be on my hands because I'm not the one who's radicalising them or spreading hate towards them.

But of course, if you want to make people like me responsible for any misdeeds, make sure you thank us if one of them becomes a world-class surgeon/etc because of the opportunities they got in the UK.

Nice obscure choice of reference there. You might as well have cited your own blog.

Its a deal. If they become a world class surgeon then it's on you as is if they become radicalised and hurt someone since your lot were the ones rallying to let them into the country against the national interest.

I'm sorry but your treacherous kind make me sick to the stomach.

SultanOfSwing Jan 10th 2017 6:41 pm

Originally Posted by DigitalGhost (Post 12148345)

You're going to need to expand on this one.

DigitalGhost Jan 10th 2017 6:42 pm

Originally Posted by DaveLovesDee (Post 12148337)

Are those Guardian political commentators by any chance?

DigitalGhost Jan 10th 2017 6:43 pm

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing (Post 12148347)
You're going to need to expand on this one.

Simply put, his kind will not be content until Britain is completely owned and controlled by foreigners. Why that is exactly I will never understand.

SultanOfSwing Jan 10th 2017 6:46 pm

Originally Posted by DigitalGhost (Post 12148349)
Simply put, his kind will not be content until Britain is completely owned and controlled by foreigners. Why that is exactly I will never understand.

Citation needed.

Lion in Winter Jan 10th 2017 6:50 pm

Originally Posted by DigitalGhost (Post 12148345)

Does one ever get sick anywhere else? Just wondering.

When people start shouting that others are traitors because they disagree with their ideological stance, that's the time to get worried.

Lion in Winter Jan 10th 2017 6:52 pm

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing (Post 12148352)
Citation needed.

http://www.ronafrica.org/wp-content/...band_small.jpg

SultanOfSwing Jan 10th 2017 6:53 pm

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter (Post 12148361)

That was cold as ice.