British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Take it Outside! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/take-outside-67/)
-   -   Post EU Referendum (https://britishexpats.com/forum/take-outside-67/post-eu-referendum-879308/)

Fredbargate Jan 9th 2017 3:08 pm

Re: Post EU Referendum

Originally Posted by Red Eric (Post 12146878)
That's an unusual claim.

I'd like to see you make it in the Spain forum.

Unfortunately the Plaza de Toros of the Spanish forum has been merged with TIO
In my view a very retrograde step

DigitalGhost Jan 9th 2017 3:09 pm

[QUOTE=EMR;12146984]

Originally Posted by DigitalGhost (Post 12146947)
UKIP aren't a racist party.

London voted remain probably because it has one of the largest immigrant populations of any city on the planet and Manchester is a student town that has always been fiercely leftist and anti-conservative.[/QUOTEnd

The majority of immigrants did not get the vote, Manchester a student town ?, now we know you are living on a diffetent planet.
Facts really are the weakness of those who think like you..
Your statement that Ukip is not a racist party confirms that.

Manchester has the largest student population in Europe. I'm sorry but that's a fact. There are three large universities just close within walking distance of one another.

Biggest student population in Europe set to give Manchester businesses much needed boost | Mancunian Matters

DigitalGhost Jan 9th 2017 3:10 pm

Originally Posted by jimenato (Post 12146974)
Muslims.

That's a shame.

EMR Jan 9th 2017 3:10 pm

Originally Posted by Bipat (Post 12146971)
I used the word "some"--I have even seen such views posted on this Forum. (You again ignored the fact that majority Desi voters, voted leave!)

Perhaps you might realise (when you are describing Brexit voters) that generalisation is always inaccurate.

The majority of Desi voters were a t small % of all voters .

Bipat Jan 9th 2017 3:11 pm

Originally Posted by DaveLovesDee (Post 12146966)

1) From your link, which is from four years ago, this is the first paragraph.

The ECJ has been given it's authority by the EU, as in the unanimous consent of every EU member state. And the ECJ only rules on cases after they've been through national courts.

Thank you for voting Leave over something that isn't going to change by leaving. Protest votes work, even when they don't.

2) Have you tried applying for a UK work visa? It's not a quick, simple or easy process. A seasonal worker system isn't likely to be any better given the Home Office's previous history.

3) Yeah, the media loves to stir the crap, don't they?

1) When UK leaves the EU, EU law will not be Supreme over UK law.
Of course in trade you are affected by the laws of any country you are trading with.

2) No, as I am British, I haven't applied for a UK work visa. But if other countries can do it efficiently why not UK?

3) I was referring to what has been posted by a few on this Forum

Bipat Jan 9th 2017 3:13 pm

Originally Posted by EMR (Post 12146990)
The majority of Desi voters were a t small % of all voters .

So why did you mention them in your post?:lol:

EMR Jan 9th 2017 3:18 pm

[QUOTE=DigitalGhost;12146988]

Originally Posted by EMR (Post 12146984)

Manchester has the largest student population in Europe. I'm sorry but that's a fact. There are three large universities just close within walking distance of one another.

Biggest student population in Europe set to give Manchester businesses much needed boost | Mancunian Matters

Really ,can you post the voting analysis for Manchester.?

Whaats your claim regardiing Scottish and Northern irelands vote.
Are they also mainly students.

DaveLovesDee Jan 9th 2017 3:32 pm

Let's go back through our recent posts on this.

Originally Posted by DaveLovesDee (Post 12146743)
I know of a number of Poles who moved here, sent money back home for nearly ten years from his wages (just keeping enough to live on) and going home every 3 months for a week to see their families.

Many have gone back to live in the nice houses the money they sent back (which cost more than they'd have been able to afford on Polish wages. Others are still here but their parents live in those nice houses instead.

Originally Posted by DigitalGhost (Post 12146778)
Exactly. Britain shouldn't be encouraging that as it is bad for the UK economy.

Originally Posted by DaveLovesDee (Post 12146906)
They've earned their money. What they do with it is up to them!

Originally Posted by DigitalGhost (Post 12146908)
Very true and that's why we need to revoke their ability to earn that money or even gain access to the country in the first place.

Originally Posted by DaveLovesDee (Post 12146966)
So you want to revoke someone's ability to earn money just because of where they spend it?

Should we also stop people earning money because they spend it on cigarettes or alcohol?

Originally Posted by DigitalGhost (Post 12146973)
I want to revoke it because I would rather that job went to a British person.

Changing your tune a bit with that last post, aren't you?

DigitalGhost Jan 9th 2017 3:35 pm

[QUOTE=EMR;12147001]

Originally Posted by DigitalGhost (Post 12146988)

Really ,can you post the voting analysis for Manchester.?

Whaats your claim regardiing Scottish and Northern irelands vote.
Are they also mainly students.

Scotland is one of the most liberal-leaning places in Europe these days and NI were possibly concerned about how things would change on the border with the Republic if they voted out. Not being Scottish or Northern Irish, I can't say for sure.

DigitalGhost Jan 9th 2017 3:36 pm

Originally Posted by DaveLovesDee (Post 12147017)
Changing your tune a bit with that last post, aren't you?

Not at all. I am fundamentally opposed to EU freedom of movement and have been since I was old enough to know what it was.

I would rather that jobs in this country were reserved for UK citizens and permanent residents first. That kind of system is better for the local population and economy.

EMR Jan 9th 2017 3:37 pm

Originally Posted by Bipat (Post 12146991)
1) When UK leaves the EU, EU law will not be Supreme over UK law.
Of course in trade you are affected by the laws of any country you are trading with.

2) No, as I am British, I haven't applied for a UK work visa. But if other countries can do it efficiently why not UK?

3) I was referring to what has been posted by a few on this Forum

EU kaw will be invorporated into UK kaw under the grand repeal bill .

EMR Jan 9th 2017 3:40 pm

[QUOTE=DigitalGhost;12147022]Not at all. I am fundamentally opposed to EU freedom of movement and have been since I was old enough to know what it was.

I would rather that jobs in this country were reserved for UK citizens and permanent residents first. That kind of system is better for the local population and economy.[/QUOTE

Old enought to vote maybe but has no understanding of basic economics , the UK labour market and population demographocs.

DigitalGhost Jan 9th 2017 3:41 pm

[QUOTE=EMR;12147028]

Originally Posted by DigitalGhost (Post 12147022)
Not at all. I am fundamentally opposed to EU freedom of movement and have been since I was old enough to know what it was.

I would rather that jobs in this country were reserved for UK citizens and permanent residents first. That kind of system is better for the local population and economy.[/QUOTE

Old enought to vote maybe but has no understanding of basic economics , the UK labour market and population demographocs.

You might want to learn how to type those words before you attempt to use them.

EMR Jan 9th 2017 3:47 pm

[QUOTE=DigitalGhost;12147030]

Originally Posted by EMR (Post 12147028)

You might want to learn how to type those words before you attempt to use them.

Thats the sum total of your response.
I can now add pat%hetic to narrow minded,ignorant and prejudiced.

DigitalGhost Jan 9th 2017 3:50 pm

[QUOTE=EMR;12147037]

Originally Posted by DigitalGhost (Post 12147030)

Thats the sum total of your response.
I can now add pat%hetic to narrow minded,ignorant and prejudiced.

I've been called a lot of names in my time on this Earth but none of them ever involved a percentage sign before so, yeah, you're the first there. Well done.