British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Take it Outside! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/take-outside-67/)
-   -   Post EU Referendum (https://britishexpats.com/forum/take-outside-67/post-eu-referendum-879308/)

DaveLovesDee Jan 5th 2017 11:39 am

Re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by mikelincs (Post 12143194)
No just the thread, to a more correct title as Brexit hasn't even started.

Yup. Dick and I had a chat a few posts ago, and I inboxed JG.

Thanks JG!

Fredbargate Jan 5th 2017 11:43 am

Re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by mikelincs (Post 12143194)
No just the thread, to a more correct title as Brexit hasn't even started.


Originally Posted by DaveLovesDee (Post 12143203)
Yup. Dick and I had a chat a few posts ago, and I inboxed JG.

Thanks JG!

Or wishful dreaming that Brexit will not happen ?

Dick Dasterdly Jan 5th 2017 12:40 pm

Re: Post EU Referendum
 
Cambridge University researchers have dismissed the Treasury's Brexit warnings as 'flawed and partisan'
in a damning new study published today which suggests Brexit will halve net migration, increase pay for British workers and help solve the housing crisis.

The report follows a plethora of good news stories for Britain this week with the FTSE 100 hitting fresh highs, UK manufacturing hitting a 30-month high and the UK services sector outperforming the predictions of all 29 economic forecasts in a recent Reuters poll.

If only someone would let the BBC or Sky News know.

: Brexageddon is on hold. :lol:

EMR Jan 5th 2017 3:22 pm

Re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly (Post 12143253)
Cambridge University researchers have dismissed the Treasury's Brexit warnings as 'flawed and partisan'
in a damning new study published today which suggests Brexit will halve net migration, increase pay for British workers and help solve the housing crisis.

The report follows a plethora of good news stories for Britain this week with the FTSE 100 hitting fresh highs, UK manufacturing hitting a 30-month high and the UK services sector outperforming the predictions of all 29 economic forecasts in a recent Reuters poll.

If only someone would let the BBC or Sky News know.

: Brexageddon is on hold. :lol:

When was this , your source is who ?
Still do not understand do you that brexit is yet to happen.
But you coukd be right about brexagaddon ,when we finally brexit,

Dick Dasterdly Jan 5th 2017 5:13 pm

Re: Post EU Referendum
 
The economic consensus was horribly wrong and here are the real reasons Brexit is succeeding | The Independent


"The economic consensus was horribly wrong and here are the real reasons Brexit is succeeding
A former deputy director of the International Monetary Fund’s European and Research Departments, writing exclusively for The Independent, explains why the performance of the UK economy has confounded expectations since last June’s referendum and why an even bigger political prize is on offer"

EMR Jan 5th 2017 5:24 pm

Re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly (Post 12143524)
The economic consensus was horribly wrong and here are the real reasons Brexit is succeeding | The Independent


"The economic consensus was horribly wrong and here are the real reasons Brexit is succeeding
A former deputy director of the International Monetary Fund’s European and Research Departments, writing exclusively for The Independent, explains why the performance of the UK economy has confounded expectations since last June’s referendum and why an even bigger political prize is on offer"

Is this the same IMF you said many many times was in the pay of the EU.
Welcome to the real world , its taken you long enough but every day there is more evidence that you are finally seeing the light.

DaveLovesDee Jan 5th 2017 5:28 pm

Re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly (Post 12143524)
The economic consensus was horribly wrong and here are the real reasons Brexit is succeeding | The Independent


"The economic consensus was horribly wrong and here are the real reasons Brexit is succeeding
A former deputy director of the International Monetary Fund’s European and Research Departments, writing exclusively for The Independent, explains why the performance of the UK economy has confounded expectations since last June’s referendum and why an even bigger political prize is on offer"

I thought you were anti-IMF?

I see the author uses the old chestnut that the pound had been 'overvalued'....... I don't remember anyone saying this at the time, and it was high because the UK was doing well.

DaveLovesDee Jan 5th 2017 5:29 pm

Re: Post EU Referendum
 
I wonder when TGA and Paulry's bans are up? :rofl:

SultanOfSwing Jan 5th 2017 5:31 pm

Re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by DaveLovesDee (Post 12143543)
I wonder when TGA and Paulry's bans are up? :rofl:

Oh christ, they're only temporary?

DaveLovesDee Jan 5th 2017 5:35 pm

Re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing (Post 12143544)
Oh christ, they're only temporary?

I haven't seen any mention of permanent bans...

SultanOfSwing Jan 5th 2017 5:38 pm

Re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by DaveLovesDee (Post 12143547)
I haven't seen any mention of permanent bans...

Wishful thinking.

mrken30 Jan 5th 2017 6:14 pm

Re: Post EU Referendum
 
You were hoping ban means ban, like Brexit means Brexit.

Hopefully interest rates will rise

Prime Minister Theresa May has been the most prominent critic of low interest rates, saying that they harm savers – a key electoral demographic.

She said in her Conservative party conference speech that a “change has got to come".

http://www.cityam.com/256453/bank-en...e-says-uk-must

Lion in Winter Jan 5th 2017 6:22 pm

Re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by DaveLovesDee (Post 12143543)
I wonder when TGA and Paulry's bans are up? :rofl:


Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing (Post 12143544)
Oh christ, they're only temporary?


Originally Posted by DaveLovesDee (Post 12143547)
I haven't seen any mention of permanent bans...

I think they meant banns.

They've eloped and ridden off into the rosy glow of a right-wing sunset.

EMR Jan 5th 2017 6:22 pm

Re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by mrken30 (Post 12143577)
You were hoping ban means ban, like Brexit means Brexit.

Hopefully interest rates will rise

Prime Minister Theresa May has been the most prominent critic of low interest rates, saying that they harm savers – a key electoral demographic.

She said in her Conservative party conference speech that a “change has got to come".

Bank of England chief economist Andy Haldane on Brexit: UK must factor in financial services' needs | City A.M.

Shevhas also said that homes should be made more affordable.
A rise in mortgage rates will hardly make it easier for new buyers , will it ?

SultanOfSwing Jan 5th 2017 6:30 pm

Re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter (Post 12143584)
I think they meant banns.

They've eloped and ridden off into the rosy glow of a right-wing sunset.

I threw up a little.


All times are GMT. The time now is 8:21 am.

Powered by vBulletin: ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.