British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Take it Outside! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/take-outside-67/)
-   -   Post EU Referendum (https://britishexpats.com/forum/take-outside-67/post-eu-referendum-879308/)

scrubbedexpat099 Jan 4th 2017 7:06 pm

re: Post EU Referendum
 
Seems like there has been a scheme since the 2nd World War, I do not recollect every seeing anyone participating in my earlier years or it ever being mentioned. Capped at 5,000 until recently, but even then.

EMR Jan 4th 2017 7:07 pm

re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by Bipat (Post 12142543)
These are seasonal workers--fruit picking etc. There have always been seasonal farm workers coming to the UK for that purpose long before the EU or the EEC. Just as people from the UK used to go grape picking in France (when they still did it by hand!)

The aim is to cut the form-filling/EU rules etc. Let farmers make their own decisions about how they manage their land.

The quality of the food they produce, the welfare of their animals, the working conditions and wages of those working in the industry, the atitude and pricing policies of the supermarkets have little if anything to do with the EU.
Not sure what freedoms farmers have or will ever have.
Like any other business the market rules.
The UK government which has said that it will still match EU subsidies aint going to give any money away without just as many forms etc.
Do not forget any farmer who wants to export to the EU will still have to meet EU regs not UK regs.

Bipat Jan 4th 2017 7:30 pm

re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by EMR (Post 12142599)
The quality of the food they produce, the welfare of their animals, the working conditions and wages of those working in the industry, the atitude and pricing policies of the supermarkets have little if anything to do with the EU.
Not sure what freedoms farmers have or will ever have.
Like any other business the market rules.
The UK government which has said that it will still match EU subsidies aint going to give any money away without just as many forms etc.

Have you forgotten the 'butter mountains' and the 'milk Lakes', the unbelievable waste.

Dick Dasterdly Jan 4th 2017 7:35 pm

re: Post EU Referendum
 
Brexit to spell the end of burdensome EU billboards for farmers

:thumbup:

Red Eric Jan 4th 2017 7:42 pm

re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly (Post 12142630)

Oooh look!

Following Britain's departure from the EU in 2019 the Government will scrap rules which require farmers and rural businesses to pay for and display billboards or posters which publicize the EU contribution for grants to grow their businesses.
Burdensome billboards to advertise the pain of being forced to accept EU money for one's own benefit. I look forward to reading a response from a faremoaner. I'm sure there'll be one. :cool:

Dick Dasterdly Jan 4th 2017 7:43 pm

re: Post EU Referendum
 
Leaked diplomatic cables indicate that Jean-Claude Juncker, the embattled president of the European Commission, blocked proposals to clamp down on cross-border tax avoidance schemes within the European Union (EU) as prime minister of Luxembourg.
Shared with The International Consortium of Investigative Journalists (ICIJ) and The GUARDIAN newspaper by German radio group NDR, the cables suggest that Juncker fought a determined campaign against anti-avoidance proposals as a member of the EU’s secretive Code of Conduct Group on Business Taxation.

Juncker had a firm hand on Luxembourg’s finances and tax regime for almost two decades. He governed as prime minister in the Grand Duchy from 1995 to 2009, having previously served as minister for finances from 1989 to 1995 under Jaques Santer, a controversial politician who went on to head a European Commission administration which resigned in disgrace after a key member was charged with fraud, forgery, and abuse of confidence.

Red Eric Jan 4th 2017 7:47 pm

re: Post EU Referendum
 

Britain will reject plans announced in Brussels this week to combat industrial-scale tax avoidance by the world’s biggest multinationals, the Treasury minister responsible for tax policy has said.

David Gauke, financial secretary to the Treasury, told representatives from the European parliament that Britain would not adopt the measures to introduce certain common tax rules. “He was very clear that the UK is insisting on tax competition,” said German MEP Michael Theurer, who met with the UK treasury minister on Thursday. “It was really a shock from the minister.”
https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...-tax-avoidance :cool:

Dick Dasterdly Jan 4th 2017 7:48 pm

re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by Red Eric (Post 12142639)
Oooh look!
Burdensome billboards to advertise the pain of being forced to accept EU money for one's own benefit. I look forward to reading a response from a faremoaner. I'm sure there'll be one. :cool:

Bearing in mind of course it was NOT EU money in the first place at all, but a small portion of member nations taxpayers money which hadn't been squandered elsewhere.

Yet another Remoaner fallacy.

:cool:

Red Eric Jan 4th 2017 7:52 pm

re: Post EU Referendum
 
Do you actually know where money comes from and to whom it "belongs"?

Lion in Winter Jan 4th 2017 7:54 pm

re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly (Post 12142641)
Leaked diplomatic cables indicate that Jean-Claude Juncker, the embattled president of the European Commission, blocked proposals to clamp down on cross-border tax avoidance schemes within the European Union (EU) as prime minister of Luxembourg.
Shared with The International Consortium of Investigative Journalists (ICIJ) and The GUARDIAN newspaper by German radio group NDR, the cables suggest that Juncker fought a determined campaign against anti-avoidance proposals as a member of the EU’s secretive Code of Conduct Group on Business Taxation.

Juncker had a firm hand on Luxembourg’s finances and tax regime for almost two decades. He governed as prime minister in the Grand Duchy from 1995 to 2009, having previously served as minister for finances from 1989 to 1995 under Jaques Santer, a controversial politician who went on to head a European Commission administration which resigned in disgrace after a key member was charged with fraud, forgery, and abuse of confidence.


If you are going to bulk quote Breitbart (or any of your other sources) you really should credit them before you get BE sued for copyright infringement.

Juncker Blocked Clamp Down on Tax Avoidance, Leaked Cables Say

EMR Jan 4th 2017 7:55 pm

re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by Red Eric (Post 12142639)
Oooh look!
Burdensome billboards to advertise the pain of being forced to accept EU money for one's own benefit. I look forward to reading a response from a faremoaner. I'm sure there'll be one. :cool:

Just how many do you think there are.
I am trying to think of any I have seen in recent years.
Typical non news from you Dick.

DaveLovesDee Jan 4th 2017 7:56 pm

re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly (Post 12142630)

From your link;


British farmers will no longer have to display billboards saying that they receive European Union funding
I see. So the EU will no longer be able to advertise where some of the funds go to from our EU contributions....

But of course, as we're still in the EU (no Article 50 triggered, and no Brexit yet), any such announcement would be meaningless until we have actually left!


Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly (Post 12142641)
Leaked diplomatic cables indicate that Jean-Claude Juncker, the embattled president of the European Commission, blocked proposals to clamp down on cross-border tax avoidance schemes within the European Union (EU) as prime minister of Luxembourg.
Shared with The International Consortium of Investigative Journalists (ICIJ) and The GUARDIAN newspaper by German radio group NDR, the cables suggest that Juncker fought a determined campaign against anti-avoidance proposals as a member of the EU’s secretive Code of Conduct Group on Business Taxation.

Juncker had a firm hand on Luxembourg’s finances and tax regime for almost two decades. He governed as prime minister in the Grand Duchy from 1995 to 2009, having previously served as minister for finances from 1989 to 1995 under Jaques Santer, a controversial politician who went on to head a European Commission administration which resigned in disgrace after a key member was charged with fraud, forgery, and abuse of confidence.

So you've said before. This has absolutely bugger all to do with Brexit. As you've been told before.

Dick Dasterdly Jan 4th 2017 7:56 pm

re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by Red Eric (Post 12142644)

More Eu plans. :rofl:

Up till now they've done jack shit except select possibly the most dodgy tax avoidance advisor on the planet as their great and wonderful leader.:lol:

Meanwhile, from your link...

We’re fully involved in international discussions on tax issues and have consistently supported global measures, through the EU, G20 and OECD, which will strengthen international rules to prevent corporate tax avoidance.

:cool:

Red Eric Jan 4th 2017 8:00 pm

re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by EMR (Post 12142654)
Just how many do you think there are.
I am trying to think of any I have seen in recent years.

I've seen quite a few - but it's perfectly normal for organisations which spread money around to help businesses to advertise that fact.

DaveLovesDee Jan 4th 2017 8:02 pm

re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly (Post 12142656)
Up till now they've done jack shit except select possibly the most dodgy tax avoidance advisor on the planet as their great and wonderful leader.:lol:

Juncker is President of the EU Commission. He is not the sole head of the EU.


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:12 pm.

Powered by vBulletin: ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.