British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Take it Outside! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/take-outside-67/)
-   -   Post EU Referendum (https://britishexpats.com/forum/take-outside-67/post-eu-referendum-879308/)

Dick Dasterdly Dec 31st 2016 9:54 pm

re: Post EU Referendum

Originally Posted by Red Eric (Post 12139944)
Yeah well - you don't have to worry about that because you voted Leave. It still needs your money, though. Have you sent this week's cheque yet? Thanks :shades_smile:

Pleased you've finally seen the light Comrade and joined the happy band of Brexiteers.

So much to celebrate of the old Year before bringing in the New.
No more moaning now, join us in a drink and be happy. :drinkingwine::britflag::drinkingwine:

2016 has been one of the greatest years ever for humanity | Coffee House

:thumbsup:

Dick Dasterdly Dec 31st 2016 11:30 pm

Happy New Year Everybody.

What a Fantastic display from London

Having just celebrated three separate New Years with fellow Europeans, downed the traditional twelve grapes with my Spanish neighbours, plus a jar or three,

... its Buenas Noches from D.D.

:thumbsup:

Red Eric Jan 1st 2017 8:07 am

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly (Post 12139953)
Pleased you've finally seen the light Comrade and joined the happy band of Brexiteers.

So much to celebrate of the old Year before bringing in the New.
No more moaning now, join us in a drink and be happy. :drinkingwine::britflag::drinkingwine:

Well thankyou Comrade :) although I haven't actually joined the Brexiteers. I'm just happy to accept your money http://www.cost.eu/design/cost/image...go_eu_flag.png https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...rtugal.svg.png

Cheers :drinkingpals:

Do you need a pen? :shades_smile:

Fredbargate Jan 1st 2017 8:11 am

Originally Posted by EMR (Post 12139718)
You are certainly right, good news has nothing to do with Brexit.
The only negatve news that can really be attributed to thr brexit vote is the fall in sterling and the effects it is and will have on the economy, hardly inginificant.
As brexit has yet to happen there is no evidence yet good or bad.

The proof I expected :rofl:

EMR Jan 1st 2017 8:14 am

Originally Posted by Fredbargate (Post 12140088)
The proof I expected :rofl:

Facts dear boy, Facts, as ever the brexiteers weakness.

morpeth Jan 1st 2017 9:11 am

Originally Posted by EMR (Post 12139869)
London is pro EU by a huge majority, it has nothing to do with security or assimilation of immigrants.

What does London being more pro-EU have to do with a post about the decision making process of businesses whether to be based in London or Paris ?

EMR Jan 1st 2017 9:33 am

Originally Posted by morpeth (Post 12140113)
What does London being more pro-EU have to do with a post about the decision making process of businesses whether to be based in London or Paris ?

Its the economic power house of the UK, its where the decusion makers who matter are based.
They will insure that the direction brexit takes will be to their benefit, retaining the influence of London as an international financial centre.

Fredbargate Jan 1st 2017 10:32 am

Originally Posted by EMR (Post 12140090)
Facts dear boy, Facts, as ever the brexiteers weakness.

You want facts go back and read the posts, you have proved my statement correct

But then again truth has never been on your agenda :thumbdown:

morpeth Jan 1st 2017 10:52 am

Originally Posted by EMR (Post 12140121)
Its the economic power house of the UK, its where the decusion makers who matter are based.
They will insure that the direction brexit takes will be to their benefit, retaining the influence of London as an international financial centre.

So let me see if I understand this. decision makers will base a decision of whether to be based in Paris or London according to the political sentiments of voters in London ? What difference will it mean to a business if after Brexit Londoners in the majority voted against Brexit ?

Dick Dasterdly Jan 1st 2017 11:12 am

Happy New Year!
All of us at Leave.EU would like to thank every one of you who has helped our campaign to date. We wish you all a prosperous and healthy new year and we hope to see you on the campaign trail in the near future, ensuring we leave the European Union with the best possible deal!

:thumbup:

Dick Dasterdly Jan 1st 2017 11:25 am

Originally Posted by Red Eric (Post 12140087)
Well thankyou Comrade :) although I haven't actually joined the Brexiteers. I'm just happy to accept your money http://www.cost.eu/design/cost/image...go_eu_flag.png https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...rtugal.svg.png

Cheers :drinkingpals:

Do you need a pen? :shades_smile:

Too much Christmas Spirit Comrade Eric ?

Please forgive me if fact that you continue to justify the exact same points made by Boris, Nige and co in their march towards their Glorious Referendum Victory leads me to believe that you have finally seen the light.

There again possibly the news of the referendum victory has yet to reach the backwoods of Portugal and you are merrily and unknowingly continuing the campaign on our behalf.

In any event whichever the case may be, please always remember it's your kind thought that counts.

:lol:

Red Eric Jan 1st 2017 11:37 am

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly (Post 12140168)
There again possibly the news of the referendum victory has yet to reach the backwoods of Portugal and you are merrily and unknowingly continuing the campaign on our behalf.

It's over Dick. There is no more campaign - you WON!! :thumbsup:

Now you have to get over it, move on and decide how you're going to implement your victory. And concentrate more on what's going on on your side of the fence and less of the binoculars trained on the neighbours ;)

Don't forget this week's contribution, though. Thanks :shades_smile:

morpeth Jan 1st 2017 11:47 am

Originally Posted by Red Eric (Post 12140173)
It's over Dick. There is no more campaign - you WON!! :thumbsup:

Now you have to get over it, move on and decide how you're going to implement your victory. And concentrate more on what's going on on your side of the fence and less of the binoculars trained on the neighbours ;)

Don't forget this week's contribution, though. Thanks :shades_smile:

Can someone tell me who pays for health care of Brits who live in Spain ? Does the NHS refund to Spain the health care costs ? How would Brexit effect the costs to the UK related to Brits who live in Spain, or those who might be prompted or need to move back ?

jimenato Jan 1st 2017 11:56 am

Originally Posted by morpeth (Post 12140178)
Can someone tell me who pays for health care of Brits who live in Spain ? Does the NHS refund to Spain the health care costs ? How would Brexit effect the costs to the UK related to Brits who live in Spain, or those who might be prompted or need to move back ?

The UK government pays for pensioners and people on holiday.

All the others a) pay for it themselves or b) have insurance or c) are working legally and therefore covered by Spanish healthcare or d) don't get sick or e) go back to the UK for treatment (illegally) or f) under certain circumstances can get treatment on the Spanish system.

If you move back you have to prove to the NHS that you are now resident in the UK. If you can't you have to pay the NHS. De-registering in Spain can help this process.

I don't know how Brexit will affect those currently paid for in Spain by the UK through the EHIC or as pensioners.

morpeth Jan 1st 2017 12:19 pm

Originally Posted by jimenato (Post 12140181)
The UK government pays for pensioners and people on holiday.

All the others a) pay for it themselves or b) have insurance or c) are working legally and therefore covered by Spanish healthcare or d) don't get sick or e) go back to the UK for treatment (illegally) or f) under certain circumstances can get treatment on the Spanish system.

If you move back you have to prove to the NHS that you are now resident in the UK. If you can't you have to pay the NHS. De-registering in Spain can help this process.

I don't know how Brexit will affect those currently paid for in Spain by the UK through the EHIC or as pensioners.

I have EHIC card, I thought it was only good for emergencies while travelling in the EU.

Thanks for the answer- I was curious because if because of Brexit some British expats move back to UK, it seems that would put an extra cost onto the NHS.