British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Take it Outside! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/take-outside-67/)
-   -   Post EU Referendum (https://britishexpats.com/forum/take-outside-67/post-eu-referendum-879308/)

Red Eric Dec 31st 2016 1:30 pm

re: Post EU Referendum

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly (Post 12139754)
To give you an example with regard to Russia itself, Putin could confidently put himself up for a Democratic re election without any need to fiddle the figures and win by a country mile.

He's paying you, isn't he? I knew it. How much are you getting?

EMR Dec 31st 2016 1:31 pm

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly (Post 12139754)
To give you an example with regard to Russia itself, Putin could confidently put himself up for a Democratic re election without any need to fiddle the figures and win by a country mile.

Can you imagine in your wildest dreams what support the unelectedcrooks in Brussels would attract from the Eu public if ever they dared to hold a democratic election ?

It would be laughable.

I reckon that your great and wonderful leader Junkie would struggle to get one vote in a million.

:rofl:

The christmas spirits are strong in you today.
Even your hero Farage was elected and name one EU member country that does not have an elected government rather than the effective dictatorship of Russia.
You problem with the EU is easily explained " Ignorance ".

morpeth Dec 31st 2016 1:54 pm

Originally Posted by Red Eric (Post 12139748)
Possibly not such a nightmare dealing with Irish rules though ;) And they speak English. Sort of.

Excellent point.

I wonder how the border will ba handled in Ireland after Brexit ?

Dick Dasterdly Dec 31st 2016 2:20 pm

Originally Posted by Red Eric (Post 12139756)

And don't forget the cheques. Thanks :shades_smile:

http://media.gettyimages.com/photos/...0238?s=594x594

Thank you kindly Eric.

Well done.

I can only presume you have jumped ship and are now in favour of Brexit by presenting the same justification for leaving as did some of the Leave organisations.

Good Lad.

I always knew you'd come round eventually.

:thumbsup:

Dick Dasterdly Dec 31st 2016 2:25 pm

Originally Posted by EMR (Post 12139759)
The christmas spirits are strong in you today.
Even your hero Farage was elected and name one EU member country that does not have an elected government rather than the effective dictatorship of Russia.
You problem with the EU is easily explained " Ignorance ".

Unfortunately you seem to forget that democratically elected National govts become increasingly less relevant as the Dictatorial Eu powers to overrule it increase.

:cool:

As I said who in their right minds would vote for the present shower of crooks in Brussels given the opportunity of a democratic election ?

Oops sorry, maybe there is one.

EMR Dec 31st 2016 2:42 pm

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly (Post 12139783)
Unfortunately you seem to forget that democratically elected National govts become increasingly less relevant as the Dictatorial Eu powers to overrule it increase.

As I said who in their right minds would vote for the present shower of crooks in Brussels given the opportunity of a democratic election ?

New year celebrations starting early Dick ?
The nonsense you have posted today certainly suggests it.
How will you fill your time, who will you demonise when we finally brexit.

DaveLovesDee Dec 31st 2016 3:37 pm

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly (Post 12139783)

What dictatorial powers would that be Dick?

The EU is democratic. Trying reading the link in my signature.....

The EU Council of Ministers are the Prime Ministers of each EU member state, or that country's relevant Minister for discussions on finance, trade and other subjects. Those Prime Ministers and Ministers have all been directly elected by voter as MPs in their national Parliaments.

The EU Parliament consists of 751 MEP's directly elected by voters in their respective voters every 5 years.

The EU Commission consists of 1 member from each member state, nominated by that member state's Prime Minister and ratified by the EU Parliament.

And maybe there's more than one!

morpeth Dec 31st 2016 5:54 pm

Originally Posted by EMR (Post 12139751)
Dicks, la la land. At least he is happy and obviously know nothing about the security measures being taken in the UK.

Is he ? I can only judge from newspaper reports about France but it seems UK has been more successful at integration of groups who in France seem to be fairly radicalized on a comparative basis, would a business making a long term investment decision not consider perhaps London a better long-term bet ? ( I am not saying it is or isn't from a security standpoint, but doesn't seem an unreasonable thing to consider ).

EMR Dec 31st 2016 6:37 pm

Originally Posted by morpeth (Post 12139849)
Is he ? I can only judge from newspaper reports about France but it seems UK has been more successful at integration of groups who in France seem to be fairly radicalized on a comparative basis, would a business making a long term investment decision not consider perhaps London a better long-term bet ? ( I am not saying it is or isn't from a security standpoint, but doesn't seem an unreasonable thing to consider ).

London is pro EU by a huge majority, it has nothing to do with security or assimilation of immigrants.

Dick Dasterdly Dec 31st 2016 7:16 pm

Originally Posted by DaveLovesDee (Post 12139804)

The EU is democratic.

You do like your little joke .

On a more serious note...,

The European Union is not a democracy.

In-fact, it is anti-democratic.

It is founded upon an explicit intention to override popular democracy and neutralise the constraints imposed on government by the electorate.

It has its roots in a utopian ideology that envisions a supranational government run by technocrats and officials that rise above the complications, frustrations and uncertainties of democracy and national government

Dick Dasterdly Dec 31st 2016 7:24 pm

Originally Posted by morpeth (Post 12139849)

Obviously nowhere in Europe is one hundred percent safe and secure at the moment,
.... however if present trends continue the U.K. looks to be a far more attractive bet in that respect than most of the N.Eu countries.

EMR Dec 31st 2016 8:44 pm

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly (Post 12139904)
Obviously nowhere in Europe is one hundred percent safe and secure at the moment,
.... however if present trends continue the U.K. looks to be a far more attractive bet in that respect than most of the N.Eu countries.

Again your ignorance of reality is showing.
Name one terror attack in mainland Europe or in the UK that has ever has ever influenced commercial activities.
Even after the twin towers attack in New York satellite offices were up and running within days.
Facts agsn Dick Facts. You will never learn will you.

EMR Dec 31st 2016 9:29 pm

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly (Post 12139899)

It is founded upon an explicit intention to override popular democracy and neutralise the constraints imposed on government by the electorate.

It has its roots in a utopian ideology that envisions a supranational government run by technocrats and officials that rise above the complications, frustrations and uncertainties of democracy and national government

Where did dig that up , you have obviously been cutting and pasting from some site for nutters.

DaveLovesDee Dec 31st 2016 9:32 pm

Who's joking?

What did I state that was funny? Or untruthful?

Where's your evidence, Dick?

You said, 'In-fact'. How about supplying some please.

Red Eric Dec 31st 2016 9:37 pm

Yeah well - you don't have to worry about that because you voted Leave. It still needs your money, though. Have you sent this week's cheque yet? Thanks :shades_smile: