British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Take it Outside! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/take-outside-67/)
-   -   Post EU Referendum (https://britishexpats.com/forum/take-outside-67/post-eu-referendum-879308/)

TGA Dec 18th 2016 6:12 pm

re: Post EU Referendum

Originally Posted by EMR (Post 12131928)
Only 5 ?

Does he need security, has the supreme court issued a direction that his address not be made public.
Nige just needs any publicity he can get being yesterdays man.

Apparently he wants to follow Balls on strictly, though who would want to partner him is anyones guess.

rubbish

EMR Dec 18th 2016 6:19 pm

Originally Posted by TGA (Post 12131935)
rubbish

I agree Nigel is rubbish.:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

TGA Dec 18th 2016 6:21 pm

Originally Posted by EMR (Post 12131939)
I agree Nigel is rubbish.:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

no you are :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Novocastrian Dec 18th 2016 6:46 pm

Originally Posted by TGA (Post 12131941)
no you are :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I love this forum. It's so adult.

DaveLovesDee Dec 18th 2016 6:52 pm

Originally Posted by Novocastrian (Post 12131950)
I love this forum. It's so adult.

Where? :p

Dick Dasterdly Dec 18th 2016 9:58 pm

Originally Posted by jimenato (Post 12131827)
Yep - when we are out TTIP will be assured.

You conveniently forget that there is far more public opposition to TTIP in some other Eu countries than in the U.K. and in Germany in particular where huge demonstrations have taken place against it.

There again, what the hell does public opinion matter, where the Eu is concerned ?

:cool:

DaveLovesDee Dec 18th 2016 10:01 pm

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly (Post 12132034)
You conveniently forget that there is far more public opposition to TTIP in some other Eu countries than in the U.K. and in Germany in particular where huge demonstrations have taken place against it.

There again, what the hell does public opinion matter, where the Eu is concerned ?

I think you'll find that Jim was implying that the UK will get TTIP.

Which is a reasonable assumption on his part as the Tories were always the biggest supporters of TTIP in the EU.

EMR Dec 18th 2016 10:14 pm

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly (Post 12132034)

The demos were against ttip and ceta, deals which our brexiters cannot wait to sign up to.
Is the German public more intelligent and better inforned than you and others who voted brexit..
How do you view the scenario of of UKttip with all the advantages it gives the US with little return for the UK.

Dick Dasterdly Dec 18th 2016 10:39 pm

Originally Posted by EMR (Post 12132042)
The demos were against ttip and ceta, deals which our brexiters cannot wait to sign up to.
Is the German public more intelligent and better inforned than you and others who voted brexit..
How do you view the scenario of of UKttip with all the advantages it gives the US with little return for the UK.

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

I can only presume you've been living on another planet these past few years,

Otherwise you would be fully aware of UKIP and Brexit opposition to TTIP and the risk created by the power of the large multinationals.

On this point at least UKIP and Brexit are in agreement with much of the German public and those elsewhere in the Eu who are also clearly aware of the situation.

DaveLovesDee Dec 18th 2016 11:11 pm

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly (Post 12132049)
:rofl::rofl::rofl:

I can only presume you've been living on another planet these past few years,

Otherwise you would be fully aware of UKIP and Brexit opposition to TTIP and the risk created by the power of the large multinationals.

On this point at least UKIP and Brexit are in agreement with much of the German public and those elsewhere in the Eu who are also clearly aware of the situation.

Here's some reading material for you to ignore.....

Guardian You thought TTIP was dead? With Brexit we’ll get the same thing, on steroids

Independent - TTIP's 'failure' gives us a clue about Britain's post-Brexit trading future

Sunday Express - What is TTIP and what does Brexit mean for the the US-EU trade deal?

Fortune magazine - Brexit Won’t Be So Bad If the U.S. Strikes This Trade Deal

Dick Dasterdly Dec 18th 2016 11:26 pm

Pure unsubstantiated speculation as usual.

There is absolutely no reason why a bilateral U.K. US deal need follow the lines of a TTIP Eu deal.

DaveLovesDee Dec 18th 2016 11:36 pm

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly (Post 12132070)
Pure unsubstantiated speculation as usual.

There is absolutely no reason why a bilateral U.K. US deal need follow the lines of a TTIP Eu deal.

True. But there's also no reason why it wouldn't.

DaveLovesDee Dec 18th 2016 11:40 pm

Britain could slash environmental and safety standards 'a very long way' after Brexit, Tory MP Jacob Rees-Mogg says

The MP said standards that were 'good enough for India' could be good enough for the UK

Dick Dasterdly Dec 18th 2016 11:40 pm

Originally Posted by DaveLovesDee (Post 12132078)
True. But there's also no reason why it wouldn't.

In view of recent events probably every reason. :nod:

Scamp Dec 19th 2016 4:46 am

Originally Posted by EMR (Post 12131839)
I would expect you and Dick to lead the campaign against a dictatorial mandate from a foreign power..
Or would you be happy for the UK to give up its sovereignty to the US.

Hahahahahhahahahahahahhaa. Fantastic.

Originally Posted by TGA (Post 12131905)
Why are remoaners so aggressive

Nigel Farage receives 5 death threats a WEEK!!

Originally Posted by DaveLovesDee (Post 12131907)
How many did Gina Miller receive?

Ouch. TGA...it's pants down time. Always pointing the finger calling everyone else something. Nine times out of ten you should just be looking in the mirror. :zzz: