British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Take it Outside! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/take-outside-67/)
-   -   Post EU Referendum (https://britishexpats.com/forum/take-outside-67/post-eu-referendum-879308/)

TGA Dec 17th 2016 4:10 pm

re: Post EU Referendum

Keith gets it.

Red Eric Dec 17th 2016 7:51 pm

Originally Posted by TGA (Post 12131352)

You really think FT readers were responsible for that :confused: There are only a fraction over 200,000 of them, apparently.

I'm not one by habit. Seems a bit unfair to blame FT readers alone for Trump & Brexit, though. Especially the unfortunate Trump thing - that's on a different continent, for goodness' sake. Still, never mind - at least it wasn't the Guardian / BBC this time.:cool: Or loony lefties.:thumbup:

FT readers. Bastards. Including Keith. Go on, f*** off, all 200,000 of you.

Dick Dasterdly Dec 17th 2016 11:13 pm

Originally Posted by Red Eric (Post 12131148)
I should think it came of either taking part of the speech out of context or writing up the article before the speech was finished. Either way, it was clearly thought that the article did not accurately reflect the tone of the entirety of what was said. As is only right and proper under those circumstances, the newspaper issued an amendment to the article. Any decent newspaper would do the same.

Happens quite frequently, actually - all part of the haste to rush everything out to the online version, I guess. Good thing there are always some hawks about to point out the errors :shades_smile:

One out of ten for trying. :thumbdown:

I used to have a degree of respect for the Guardian at one time, but sadly it's gone rapidly downhill of late.
Finding itself stuck between a rock and a hard place and defend the indefensible while trying to humour the lefty loons certainly doesn't help. :cool:

Scamp Dec 18th 2016 4:08 am

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly (Post 12130160)
Just for the record, the Ten Years remark can also be put down as more crap.

The Uk govt has totally disassociated itself from the remark and POV, while the Ambassador who reportedly made it, has made it clear it is definitely not his own opinion and up till now not even stated precisely from whom it originated...

..... unless of course he's been reading the above mentioned remoaner crap on BE. :lol:

Whether true or not, the fact you're willing to research an article to say it's crap is commendable. But the fact you WON'T research any article that you post that aligns with your views is mind boggling. 'If it's in the Express and it's anti-immigrant and anti-EU then it MUST be correct. If it doesn't agree with me I shall sit and google and call it crap and blame Merkel and and and.'

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly (Post 12130189)
AN IMMEDIATE, DEEP AND PROFOUND ECONOMIC SHOCK as described by the GOVT.

Still not quite got this yet have you?

Go overseas and try and buy stuff with your near worthless pounds.

Hateful ignorance from you Dick. Really, really unimpressive to have to read such drivel from someone who then demands to be listened to when posting unadulterated lies from the Express et al.

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter (Post 12130573)
Aren't "remoaners" and "leftyloons" supposed to be one and the same thing? I've also lost track of "the PC brigade" - are they the same as "remoaners" or the same as "leftyloons" or both?

Basically, if you're not in the EDL, BNP or UKIP...AND....you don't hate brown people OR Muslims....then you're a lefty loon. I think.

Originally Posted by mikelincs (Post 12131194)
not seen since 20th November and doesn't appear on the list of members.

Good.

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly (Post 12131560)
One out of ten for trying. :thumbdown:

I used to have a degree of respect for the Guardian at one time, but sadly it's gone rapidly downhill of late.
Finding itself stuck between a rock and a hard place and defend the indefensible while trying to humour the lefty loons certainly doesn't help. :cool:

A degree of respect for the Guardian? I mean, I don't read the Guardian but the fact you share links from the Express yet cast aspersions over the Guardian is mind blowing.

Remember this blatant lie recently?

Spoiler for size:

Yet you criticise other papers and continue to read, post and believe this tripe.

I'm not stupid enough to believe any newspaper gets it right 100% of the time, but good grief Dick. Get a ****ing grip.

Red Eric Dec 18th 2016 7:55 am

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly (Post 12131560)

You've said similar about so many things that I'm beginning to get a teensy weensy glimmer of a suspicion that it might be you that's changed. You're getting old and irritable and what were probably once regarded by your mates as slightly eccentric opinions have hardened into out-and-out bigoted ignorance, which you're beyond caring about embarrassing yourself by expressing. Old habits die hard, though - that's why you keep trying to dress it all up in acceptable ways. Farage's parrot, that's what you've turned into.

EMR Dec 18th 2016 8:37 am

A diidums, poor ickle Nigel says that all the big boys and girls in the government will not talk to him and let him join in their brexit game.
The only fwend he has is the strange new boy with the orange skin and wiggie , but he lives a long way away.Everyone say Aaah, poor ickle Nigel.

Dick Dasterdly Dec 18th 2016 10:35 am

Exclusive: Britain will be front of the queue for trade deal with US under Donald Trump's new commerce secretary

Donald Trump’s commerce secretary has made securing a free trade deal between the US and Britain one of his top priorities, the Telegraph has learnt.

Wilbur Ross, the billionaire nominated to lead on trade in Mr Trump’s administration, is understood to be determined to lower barriers between the two countries.

He is said to have “extensive” business relationships and social links to Britain after decades as an investor and wants to embolden the “special relationship”.

Sorry EMR and all that, but Regardless of Downing Sts attitude, Nige is continuing to be a major political influence for the benefit of the Uk.

:nod:

DaveLovesDee Dec 18th 2016 10:41 am

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly (Post 12131777)
Sorry EMR and all that, but Regardless of Downing Sts attitude, Nige is continuing to be a major political influence for the benefit of the Uk.

Except for in his main employment....

Only one person in the EU Parliament has a worse voting record than Nigel Farage

Scamp Dec 18th 2016 10:42 am

Exclusive: Britain will be front of the queue for trade deal with US under Donald Trump's new commerce secretary

Donald Trump’s commerce secretary has made securing a free trade deal between the US and Britain one of his top priorities, the Telegraph has learnt.

Wilbur Ross, the billionaire nominated to lead on trade in Mr Trump’s administration, is understood to be determined to lower barriers between the two countries.

He is said to have “extensive” business relationships and social links to Britain after decades as an investor and wants to embolden the “special relationship”.

Did Farage broker this deal?

Dick Dasterdly Dec 18th 2016 10:58 am

Originally Posted by Scamp (Post 12131781)
Did Farage broker this deal?

I've no idea, however his positive transatlantic Uk Us influence cannot be denied.

:cool:

Dick Dasterdly Dec 18th 2016 10:58 am

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...of-immigration

Andy Burnham, Labour’s candidate to become the mayor of Greater Manchester, has accused his party of getting its priorities over Brexit wrong by placing single market access at the top of the list ahead of controlling immigration.

Labour needs to take back control of the immigration debate
Andy Burnham

The former shadow home secretary suggested the referendum result was not about putting the economy first, as the party leader, Jeremy Corybn, and a string of senior Labour colleagues have suggested, but instead a clear vote in favour of ending free movement across Europe.

Writing in the Guardian, Burnham said Labour’s “collective failure” to tackle concerns over jobs, wages, housing and schools linked to migration had contributed to the loss of the referendum.

But he claimed that politicians were still scared to speak out over the issue because, even in the wake of the Brexit vote, they knew they might face a hysterical reaction.

Scamp Dec 18th 2016 11:01 am

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly (Post 12131789)
I've no idea, however his positive transatlantic Uk Us influence cannot be denied.

:cool:

You mean the faux-Brit-non-politician's meetings with someone who isn't the President?

Yeah. Powerful shit. :zzz::zzz::zzz:

EMR Dec 18th 2016 11:01 am

Where did you dream that up , in one of your express orgies.
The latest from this paper for the ignorant and illinformed is that the Christmas retail boom that has has happened since the first Christmas is now due to guess what ,Brexit.
It would be easy to call those who fall for such crap morons, but thst would be an insult to morons..
Obviously you are happy to swap the EU for becoming economically dependent on Trumps US.

Farage may be grovelling to Trump but what power and authority does he have, None, Nada, Zilch, just like the intelligence of those who believe Express headlines.

EMR Dec 18th 2016 11:03 am

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly (Post 12131792)

Andy Burnham, Labour’s candidate to become the mayor of Greater Manchester, has accused his party of getting its priorities over Brexit wrong by placing single market access at the top of the list ahead of controlling immigration.

Andy Burnham

The former shadow home secretary suggested the referendum result was not about putting the economy first, as the party leader, Jeremy Corybn, and a string of senior Labour colleagues have suggested, but instead a clear vote in favour of ending free movement across Europe.

Writing in the Guardian, Burnham said Labour’s “collective failure” to tackle concerns over jobs, wages, housing and schools linked to migration had contributed to the loss of the referendum.

But he claimed that politicians were still scared to speak out over the issue because, even in the wake of the Brexit vote, they knew they might face a hysterical reaction.

At least you are now admitting that the brexit vote was about immigration and not the EU.
Want to rethink your ridiculous claim that Ukip is not an anti immigrant party.

DaveLovesDee Dec 18th 2016 11:41 am

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly (Post 12131792)

Andy Burnham

Andy Burnham couldn't get himself elected as Labour Party leader, so he's running for Mayor of Manchester.

Someone might want to explain to the gentleman that in the EU referendum, Manchester voted to remain

And those 'concerns' over jobs, wages, housing and schools are down to the government under-funding these, not down to immigration. And I suggest Manchester voting remain was a clear 'yes' to keeping the benefits of EU membership such as free movement.