British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Take it Outside! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/take-outside-67/)
-   -   Post EU Referendum (https://britishexpats.com/forum/take-outside-67/post-eu-referendum-879308/)

DaveLovesDee Dec 13th 2016 2:01 am

re: Post EU Referendum

Originally Posted by Vexcore (Post 12127907)
Remember guys/girls that Gina Miller bitch represents everything I voted against.

You're referring to a woman as a bitch just because you believe she's trying to prevent Brexit. Which clearly shows how little you understand what the court case was about.

One of the repeated slogans of the Leave campaign was #TakingBackControl and making the UK Parliament sovereign. Well the High Court case brought by Ms Miller was top give Parliament a voice in what the type of Brexit would be best for the UK. It had absolutely f-all to do with stopping Brexit.

I want to leave the E.U. If the government won’t obey the will of the people, then why should the people obey the rules of government?
Where are you getting that from? Theresa May formed a new department with a Secretary of State for Exiting the EU as it's head. David Davis is a fully-committed Leaver.

And try not obeying the rules of government. Which ones are you planning on not obeying first?

When the government starts noticing you, let us know how that works out for you.

The contract is being broken. Think about that.
What contract? Can you refer me to an official contract that says the government will do exactly as the referendum vote decided.

It was a non-binding referendum Is the EU referendum legally binding?. An expression of voters opinions.

The door swings both ways.....

Let's just crack on and get the ball rolling, we all know it's about leaving the EUROPEAN UNION' hence no more single market bollocks and total control and so on yadda yadda yadda
You really have no clue, do you?

Yes, we voted Leave, the ballot paper said f-all about whether that involves losing access to the single-market or not. That's what Ms Miller went to the High Court to give Parliament a say in.

But as long as we're no longer a member of the EU 2 years after Article 50 is triggered, then the government will have followed the electorates decision. As I said earlier, our future trading and migration relationships with the EU were never part of the question, no matter how much the Leave camp implied that it was.

TGA Dec 13th 2016 4:25 am

Originally Posted by DaveLovesDee (Post 12127935)
You're referring to a woman as a bitch just because you believe she's trying to prevent Brexit. Which clearly shows how little you understand what the court case was about.

One of the repeated slogans of the Leave campaign was #TakingBackControl and making the UK Parliament sovereign. Well the High Court case brought by Ms Miller was top give Parliament a voice in what the type of Brexit would be best for the UK. It had absolutely f-all to do with stopping Brexit.

Where are you getting that from? Theresa May formed a new department with a Secretary of State for Exiting the EU as it's head. David Davis is a fully-committed Leaver.

And try not obeying the rules of government. Which ones are you planning on not obeying first?

When the government starts noticing you, let us know how that works out for you.

What contract? Can you refer me to an official contract that says the government will do exactly as the referendum vote decided.

It was a non-binding referendum Is the EU referendum legally binding?. An expression of voters opinions.

Yes, we voted Leave, the ballot paper said f-all about whether that involves losing access to the single-market or not. That's what Ms Miller went to the High Court to give Parliament a say in.

But as long as we're no longer a member of the EU 2 years after Article 50 is triggered, then the government will have followed the electorates decision. As I said earlier, our future trading and migration relationships with the EU were never part of the question, no matter how much the Leave camp implied that it was.

rubbish!

Scamp Dec 13th 2016 4:37 am

Originally Posted by Vexcore (Post 12127907)
Remember guys/girls that Gina Miller bitch represents everything I voted against. I want to leave the E.U. If the government won’t obey the will of the people, then why should the people obey the rules of government? The contract is being broken. Think about that.

The door swings both ways.....

Let's just crack on and get the ball rolling, we all know it's about leaving the EUROPEAN UNION' hence no more single market bollocks and total control and so on yadda yadda yadda

Oh fantastic.

Ms Miller argued that it would be unlawful for the Government to trigger Article 50 without MPs approval, which she said would go against “the letter of the law and the sovereignty of Parliament”.

She told Sky News: “This is in no way to obstruct the Government’s timetable for Brexit. There is a legal process that needs to be followed to ensure certainty.

“You can’t have on one hand, Parliamentary sovereignty being won back, and at the very same time ignore it. This is much much more fundamental than that.

“This is about saying ‘can a government, any government, take away somebody’s rights or diminish them without Parliamentary scrutiny’, it just can’t happen, that’s what the courts have said today.”
Let's be quite clear on that. Read it again if you need to.

Source you ask? You're favourite. Gina Miller

Assanah Dec 13th 2016 6:50 am

Finally, people who know international trade are speaking....reality is sinking in.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...s-lords-report

Vexcore Dec 13th 2016 7:25 am

This place lol, Gina is a fool, she'll have her 5 min of fame and she be forgotten, she is defo a bitch as she is trying to upset/piss on 17 million people? no wonder she needs security.

Obviously a *figure of speech* don't be that dumb now... The govt should accept the 'will' of the people, no piss arsing about with gina and courts.

Do you?

Seems you don't have a clue, (What is said on the ballot paper... christ almighty)

LEAVING THE EUROPEAN UNION, is obviously mean ending the single market bollocks even you know that,
The whole 'idea' of leave is exactly that (LEAVE) cut all ties, and get on with it. - what's the problem? like i said a long time ago many other countries blossom with out that crap that is the SINGLE MARKET.

It's gonna be a messy one, but leaving the European union was exactly that ready ? look below in RED.

LEAVE! lol

keep clinging on ;)

Hilarious that no one mentioned that in the past (ohhh the ballot paper didn't say leave the single market) - What's next? (OHHHHH THE BALLOT PAPER SAID NOTHING ABOUT FREEDOM OF MOVEMENT ENDING!!!)

Leave was end all ties, goodbye Brussels (no more authority or any say on the matter to the UK)

Red Eric Dec 13th 2016 7:28 am

Originally Posted by morpeth (Post 12127409)
I don't know enough to judge not having been in the UK long enough in recent years, but is there any reliable polling data on this issue ? Or do some people perhaps have opposition to immigration but do not express it publicly ? I did have impression most Brexit voters were opposed to EU freedom of movement but if you looked beneath the surface many simply opposed to whatever immigration.

Not necessarily whatever immigration ;)

Michael Gove and Boris Johnson were locked in a race row last night over the way they used the Australian-style points system in the immigration debate during the EU referendum.

According to a new book, Brexit campaign chiefs knew the system would not work in the UK.

But they used it in a ‘cynical and merciless subliminal barrage’ because British voters see Australia as white, not black.
Boris and Gove's great Brexit con: Vote Leave played a 'cynical' race card in ...

GeniB Dec 13th 2016 7:33 am

Originally Posted by Vexcore (Post 12128017)
This place lol, Gina is a fool, she'll have her 5 min of fame and she be forgotten, she is defo a bitch as she is trying to upset/piss on 17 million people? no wonder she needs security.

Obviously a *figure of speech* don't be that dumb now... The govt should accept the 'will' of the people, no piss arsing about with gina and courts.

Do you?

Seems you don't have a clue, (What is said on the ballot paper... christ almighty)

LEAVING THE EUROPEAN UNION, is obviously mean ending the single market bollocks even you know that,
The whole 'idea' of leave is exactly that (LEAVE) cut all ties, and get on with it. - what's the problem? like i said a long time ago many other countries blossom with out that crap that is the SINGLE MARKET.

It's gonna be a messy one, but leaving the European union was exactly that ready ? look below in RED.

LEAVE! lol

keep clinging on ;)

Hilarious that no one mentioned that in the past (ohhh the ballot paper didn't say leave the single market) - What's next? (OHHHHH THE BALLOT PAPER SAID NOTHING ABOUT FREEDOM OF MOVEMENT ENDING!!!)

Leave was end all ties, goodbye Brussels (no more authority or any say on the matter to the UK)

How old are you? 12? 17 tops.. Your crude ill considered language. Childish foot stamping. puts you around that age certainly :thumbdown:

Red Eric Dec 13th 2016 7:36 am

He's moaning. Again. Same as the rest of 'em.

They can't help themselves - 40 year old habits are hard to break.

Red Eric Dec 13th 2016 7:44 am

Chins up Leavers - another legal challenge on the way. This one from the Bar Council, representing barristers in England and Wales, seeking to prevent the UK leaving the single market in order to protect London's status as a highly profitable international legal centre. Don't think a woman's at the forefront of this challenge, so a chance to think up some new terms of abuse.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...arristers-warn

Fredbargate Dec 13th 2016 8:25 am

Originally Posted by Red Eric (Post 12128028)
Chins up Leavers - another legal challenge on the way. This one from the Bar Council, representing barristers in England and Wales, seeking to prevent the UK leaving the single market in order to protect London's status as a highly profitable international legal centre. Don't think a woman's at the forefront of this challenge, so a chance to think up some new terms of abuse.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...arristers-warn

They should stick to servng coffee ;)

EMR Dec 13th 2016 8:33 am

Originally Posted by morpeth (Post 12127622)
So 300,000 over 12 months reported last month as net migration ? So in 10 years at that rate 5% of UK population would have arrived within that 10 year period ?

So you believe that the demands of the economy and the UK skills shortage over the next 10 years.will be so good and so bad that we will need that level of immigration.
That is an ultra simplistic view .

jimenato Dec 13th 2016 8:39 am

Originally Posted by GeniB (Post 12128021)
How old are you? 12? 17 tops.. Your crude ill considered language. Childish foot stamping. puts you around that age certainly :thumbdown:

I'm loving watching all these arrogant, ignorant numbskulls squirm - great fun.

DaveLovesDee Dec 13th 2016 9:41 am

Originally Posted by Vexcore (Post 12128017)

How long have you been a member of Britain First?

Obviously a *figure of speech* don't be that dumb now...
Just like the pre-referendum pledge to spend £350 million per week on the NHS, which became a 'suggestion post=referendum.

The govt should accept the 'will' of the people, no piss arsing about with gina and courts.

Do you?
I accept the result of the referendum. Those who voted made their choice.

If the UK f's up bad enough, I have other options. Not everyone does.

Then if Leaving is that simple, why will it take the government 9 months to trigger Article 50? Is it because a hard Brexit isn't in the best interests of the UK?

I was expecting it to be triggered within a week of the referendum.

LEAVE! lol

keep clinging on ;)
Then Leave! Get onto Cruella De Ville and tell her you want out NOW!

Let's go then! Trigger Article 50 now!

amideislas Dec 13th 2016 10:51 am

Originally Posted by DaveLovesDee (Post 12128096)

Just like the pre-referendum pledge to spend £350 million per week on the NHS, which became a 'suggestion post=referendum.

Then if Leaving is that simple, why will it take the government 9 months to trigger Article 50? Is it because a hard Brexit isn't in the best interests of the UK?

Despite all the finger pointing, it has so far demonstrably been the brexit leadership that's been behind all the delay and waffling on the issue. We all know the reason for it, and it's not the remainers. Paradox has a funny way of causing people to waffle and make excuses... Maybe should have taken a peek at the map before heading down that road. Too late now though. Gonna have to accept the consequences.

Vexcore Dec 13th 2016 1:06 pm

Wasn't aware i was... are you? Britain First? they can seriously go f_k themselves vile scum of a party.

You mean that lie by Gove n Boris? Something i agree on, they're idiots... yet nigel gets the blame? he had nothing to do with it lol

Good, least you accept it.

Depends on those *options*

It should be simple.... VERY SIMPLE, yet.. the govn't/may are delaying n delaying for other reasons.

So was i.... Cameron should of triggered it, then let a new PM take over.

Aye Blossom.

LETS DO IT !!! :lol: