British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Take it Outside! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/take-outside-67/)
-   -   Post EU Referendum (https://britishexpats.com/forum/take-outside-67/post-eu-referendum-879308/)

DaveLovesDee Dec 4th 2016 2:52 pm

re: Post EU Referendum

Originally Posted by TGA (Post 12120981)
you obviously didn't read it.

I did. And I've just re-read it again to see if I'd missed why you assumed my reply suggested I hadn't.

Fredbargate Dec 4th 2016 2:57 pm

There are two different sides to the remain posts

1) Good news is dismissed as pre brexit

2) Bad news although still pre brexit it covered by the brexit vote

;)

DaveLovesDee Dec 4th 2016 3:23 pm

Originally Posted by Fredbargate (Post 12120998)
There are two different sides to the remain posts

1) Good news is dismissed as pre brexit

Not quite. Good news attributed to Brexit is because Brexit hasn't happened yet.

2) Bad news although still pre brexit it covered by the brexit vote

;)
We've had a vote. The markets reacted by going south for a while.

The markets recovered slightly when they realised we weren't leaving at that time. The markets also rose this week when government ministers agreed that they'd be willing to continue paying a fee to the EU for continued single-market access.

The markets will probably go south again when Article 50 is triggered, and again when we leave the EU. How much by will depend of how we continue trading with the EU post-Leave (note: Not if we continue trading with them, but under what agreements).

TGA Dec 4th 2016 4:12 pm

Originally Posted by DaveLovesDee (Post 12121008)
Not quite. Good news attributed to Brexit is because Brexit hasn't happened yet.

The markets recovered slightly when they realised we weren't leaving at that time. The markets also rose this week when government ministers agreed that they'd be willing to continue paying a fee to the EU for continued single-market access.

The markets will probably go south again when Article 50 is triggered, and again when we leave the EU. How much by will depend of how we continue trading with the EU post-Leave (note: Not if we continue trading with them, but under what agreements).

The markets went south because the result was unexpected. The markets don't like shocks. Once it sunk in it sorted it's self.

Ingles Dec 4th 2016 4:31 pm

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing (Post 12120296)
Well, we're all sitting around waiting for Brexit to happen - might as well pass the time, eh?

But I wouldn't, though, Unless you brought it up.

That's it, you're barred.

Most sensible post on this thread :thumbsup:
:amen:

TGA Dec 4th 2016 4:52 pm

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Ingles (Post 12121050)
Most sensible post on this thread :thumbsup:
:amen:

indeed:huh:

Fredbargate Dec 4th 2016 5:43 pm

Originally Posted by DaveLovesDee (Post 12121008)

That's exactly what I said

Just phrased differently

Thank you for agreeing

Dick Dasterdly Dec 4th 2016 7:21 pm

The IMMEDIATE DEEP AND PROFOUND ECONOMIC SHOCK,
as predicted by Cameron and his followers simply never happened !

The mass exodus of companies and financial institutions predicted by the Govt and Remainers immediately after a Brexit vote simply never happened !

Overall, big businesses continue to invest, demonstrate confidence and pledge their future to the U.K.
This confidence is further demonstrated by the number of Eu citizens heading to the Uk to live and work.

While we don't yet know exactly how it will all pan out, actions continue to speak much louder than words IMHO.

:cool:

jimenato Dec 4th 2016 7:31 pm

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly (Post 12121139)

The mass exodus of companies and financial institutions predicted by the Govt and Remainers immediately after a Brexit vote simply never happened !

Overall, big businesses continue to invest, demonstrate confidence and pledge their future to the U.K.
This confidence is further demonstrated by the number of Eu citizens heading to the Uk to live and work.

While we don't yet know exactly how it will all pan out, actions continue to speak much louder than words IMHO.

:cool:

That's because nobody thinks we're going to be stupid enough to actually leave.

Wait.

Red Eric Dec 4th 2016 8:04 pm

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly (Post 12121139)

Didn't Cameron & Co "predict" that he would trigger Article 50 the day after the referendum if it was a Lieve result? And wasn't that what those predictions were based on?

I can quote some Lievers on this site saying as much, if you wish. You may even have been one of them ;)

amideislas Dec 4th 2016 8:16 pm

Let's see what happens if the UK leaves the EU.

lutonlad Dec 4th 2016 10:06 pm

Originally Posted by Red Eric (Post 12121166)
Didn't Cameron & Co "predict" that he would trigger Article 50 the day after the referendum if it was a Lieve result? And wasn't that what those predictions were based on?

I can quote some Lievers on this site saying as much, if you wish. You may even have been one of them ;)

See what you've done there. Brilliant :rofl:

Pulaski Dec 5th 2016 12:58 am

I see the Italians have now decided they're also fed up with being told what they "must" do. :lol:

The likely result is that several Italian banks are going to go belly up, and apparently neither the Italian government nor the EU/Germans have the money to bail them out.

So what happens next? :unsure: If a country the size of Italy has a full-blown banking crisis the details of the terms of Brexit are not going to be near the top of any country's agenda.

Scamp Dec 5th 2016 3:36 am

Originally Posted by TGA (Post 12121038)
The markets went south because the result was unexpected. The markets don't like shocks. Once it sunk in it sorted it's self.

Yeah, pound is flying now isn't it....which has had a very misleading effect on the FTSE's value as shares have risen because a lot of earnings for the major companies is in actual currency, not monopoly money. :zzz:

TGA Dec 5th 2016 4:34 am

Originally Posted by Pulaski (Post 12121345)
I see the Italians have now decided they're also fed up with being told what they "must" do. :lol:

The likely result is that several Italian banks are going to go belly up, and apparently neither the Italian government nor the EU/Germans have the money to bail them out.

So what happens next? :unsure: If a country the size of Italy has a full-blown banking crisis the details of the terms of Brexit are not going to be near the top of any country's agenda.

Watching the EU crumble is bitter sweet. Its good to see the corrupt dictatorial regime imploding but I fear for the good people of Europe having to deal with the scorched earth the Eurocrats will leave in its trail.