British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Take it Outside! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/take-outside-67/)
-   -   Post EU Referendum (https://britishexpats.com/forum/take-outside-67/post-eu-referendum-879308/)

Dick Dasterdly Nov 29th 2016 11:25 pm

re: Post EU Referendum

Christine Lagarde trial: IMF head faces court over £340m Bernard Tapie payment | The Independent

"The head of the International Monetary Fund (IMF), Christine Lagarde, must stand trial in France over a payment of €403 million (now £340m, then £290m) to tycoon Bernard Tapie, a France's highest appeals court has ruled.

The court rejected Ms Lagarde's appeal against a judge's order in December for her to stand trial over allegations of negligence in her handling of the affair."

As Dave raised the IMF issue, I thought it worth a mention.
Not for me to judge the case. No doubt the Court will decide in due time.

DaveLovesDee Nov 29th 2016 11:34 pm

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly (Post 12117447)
Here's one list of 17 organisations incl.IMF. and OECD all in receipt of Eu funding,

Myself and others have already posted several other lists from various sources on the Leave Eu thread.

If you'd been following it you wouldn't need have asked.

EU Paid €160 Million to Pro-Remain Groups - Guido Fawkes Euro Guido

They all played their part in the phoney Remain fearmongering campaign most of which has already been debunked.

This particular list doesn't even incl the Brussels Broadcasting Company and others.

:cool:

There's no evidence of anything there. Just a list of names and numbers.

And it was explained to you very clearly on the Leaving the EU thread that the BBC received the equivalent of 0.03% of it's total funding over a 3yr period, and why.

DaveLovesDee Nov 29th 2016 11:35 pm

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly (Post 12117512)
Christine Lagarde trial: IMF head faces court over £340m Bernard Tapie payment | The Independent

"The head of the International Monetary Fund (IMF), Christine Lagarde, must stand trial in France over a payment of €403 million (now £340m, then £290m) to tycoon Bernard Tapie, a France's highest appeals court has ruled.

The court rejected Ms Lagarde's appeal against a judge's order in December for her to stand trial over allegations of negligence in her handling of the affair."

As Dave raised the IMF issue, I thought it worth a mention.
Not for me to judge the case. No doubt the Court will decide in due time.

You brought up the IMF first. I was explaining why you were wrong.

Dick Dasterdly Nov 29th 2016 11:46 pm

Originally Posted by DaveLovesDee (Post 12117516)
There's no evidence of anything there. Just a list of names and numbers.

And it was explained to you very clearly on the Leaving the EU thread that the BBC received the equivalent of 0.03% of it's total funding over a 3yr period, and why.

It as clear as the nose on your face and as demonstrated in previous links on the Leave Eu thread.

If they are not accurate I suggest you supply your own evidence to prove otherwise, or else continue to stick your head under the blanket.

As regards the BBC and has already been explained to you a zillion times from numerous sources, the amount of money is not the main issue.

The main issue is that the BBC has clearly and knowingly compromised its phoney claim to independence, as if that was not already obvious to one and all.

In any event, judging by recent broadcasts it no longer appears to even try to retain the phoney independence facade

Dick Dasterdly Nov 30th 2016 12:09 am

Brexit: Theresa May's call for deal on EU migrant rights 'blocked by Angela Merkel' | The Independent

Leaves quite a few Remoaners with egg on their chins running all the way down their shirts. :cool:

Can there be any justifiable reason for Merkel not allowing Eu citizens in the Uk and vice versa U.K. in the Eu, the reassurance and security they so desperately need ?

Scamp Nov 30th 2016 3:25 am

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly (Post 12117022)
I'm really looking forward to another IMMEDIATE DEEP AND PROFOUND ECONOMIC SHOCK,

Just like the Remoaners forcast immediately after the Brexit Vote.

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Keep it up guys, it's brilliant.:thumbsup:

I can't keep repeating myself and you either can't or won't read....so what's the point?

If you don't think ANYTHING negative happened after just the vote, you should give up now. There is no hope.

TGA Nov 30th 2016 5:19 am

Originally Posted by Scamp (Post 12117591)
I can't keep repeating myself and you either can't or won't read....so what's the point?

If you don't think ANYTHING negative happened after just the vote, you should give up now. There is no hope.

You agree that project fear was based on lies then..

hurrah we have signs of life!:thumbsup:

Scamp Nov 30th 2016 5:26 am

Originally Posted by TGA (Post 12117656)
You agree that project fear was based on lies then..

hurrah we have signs of life!:thumbsup:

How on earth did you get to that conclusion?

Dick can continue to live with his head in the sand, thinking that nothing bad happened, but you - you must be educated.

Go back and read some of the posts where I've tried my best to explain the drop in the pound and why it's bad. Why it contributed to make the FTSE and some shares look so positive. Why inflation can be a bitch.

But yes, nothing bad happened. Nobody in the UK is moaning about the weak pound when they go on holiday. Nobody moaned about the potential for Unilever to make Tesco pay more for good because of the vote...not even Brexit, JUST the vote.

Nope. Nothing bad happened.
The vote did nothing. The pound is still strong. Nope. All OK here.

Trump got elected, a huge underdog win. The US have voted in a confirmed animal with abhorrent views on huge groups of people, he's not Pres yet..but.... What happened to the dollar? Not a lot really.

UK votes to leave the EU....doesn't do it yet, in fact, nobody knows when it will happen....what happens to the pound? Crashes like a thought in your little brain in moments. Can't recover for toffee.

But no. Everything's fine and nothing happened.

Good ****ing grief. You and Dick better be ****ing lookers because there's nothing else worthwhile about either of you.

TGA Nov 30th 2016 5:32 am

The Coming Collapse of the Euro

British economy, Brexit and the Italian referendum ("the Euro is toast")

Scamp Nov 30th 2016 6:53 am

Originally Posted by TGA (Post 12117663)
The Coming Collapse of the Euro
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HgM1u9JJKWA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EEdpDMq3hPs
British economy, Brexit and the Italian referendum ("the Euro is toast")

Red Eric Nov 30th 2016 8:11 am

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly (Post 12117539)
Brexit: Theresa May's call for deal on EU migrant rights 'blocked by Angela Merkel' | The Independent

Leaves quite a few Remoaners with egg on their chins running all the way down their shirts. :cool:

Can there be any justifiable reason for Merkel not allowing Eu citizens in the Uk and vice versa U.K. in the Eu, the reassurance and security they so desperately need ?

Yes there can and it's very, very simple.

The fact is that all the uncertainty has been generated by the UK voting to leave the EU - something for which I'm sure you'll agree the UK is solely responsible.

Following that vote and her election elevation to leader of the Conservatives, Theresa May announced a) that she wouldn't guarantee the rights of EU citizens in the UK b) the UK wouldn't reveal its negotiating hand and c) she wouldn't be giving a running commentary. However, she and other members of the government also made it very clear that EU citizens resident in the UK were one of their main bargaining chips. Particularly note a) there, please. It was the UK which first said that rights would not automatically be guaranteed.

The EU was ready to negotiate from day one and said so but also made it clear that negotiations cannot start until Article 50 has been invoked. Furthermore, Juncker felt it incumbent on him to clearly remind the UK government, at a time when the UK government was making noises about changing the rules for late arrivals to the UK, that the UK is still a full member of the EU and as such bound by all its rules, including those on freedom of movement, until that ceases to be the case - which isn't until after the Article 50 negotiations are complete.

Disregarding the fact that Angela Merkel alone cannot speak for the EU (unlike Theresa May and the UK on her part), can you not see how it is not Angela Merkel who needs to commence with the assurances?

It is a little tiresome - albeit entirely predictable - that this business of "they are refusing to be reasonable" or "all agreements will be reciprocal so if it turns out badly it's because of them" is arising at all. It is the UK which voted to leave, it is the UK which wishes to curtail freedom of movement, it is the UK which wants to end the agreements on social security etc etc etc. The EU wants to keep all those things. Now - who precisely is it who is generating uncertainty?

And I can't for the life of me see why that leaves Remoaners with egg on their chins and running all the way down their shirts - perhaps you can start with that in your reply and then move on to the easy stuff.

Red Eric Nov 30th 2016 8:25 am

.....and while I'm here, it looks as though you might have to brace yourself for a watering down of your precious Equal Opportunities Immigration Policy :

The British government wants to implement an immigration regime under which controls would be applied to both skilled and unskilled European workers, the Guardian understands.

Ministers have told colleagues they want a tough system that is profoundly different to the one that currently exists, with restrictions at all levels.

But sources have suggested that they and officials in Downing Street have argued that European citizens should be treated preferentially to migrants coming to the UK from the rest of the world.
https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...rs-say-sources

But hey - that's what you voted for.

GeniB Nov 30th 2016 8:30 am

Originally Posted by Red Eric (Post 12117733)
Yes there can and it's very, very simple.

The fact is that all the uncertainty has been generated by the UK voting to leave the EU - something for which I'm sure you'll agree the UK is solely responsible.

Following that vote and her election elevation to leader of the Conservatives, Theresa May announced a) that she wouldn't guarantee the rights of EU citizens in the UK b) the UK wouldn't reveal its negotiating hand and c) she wouldn't be giving a running commentary. However, she and other members of the government also made it very clear that EU citizens resident in the UK were one of their main bargaining chips. Particularly note a) there, please. It was the UK which first said that rights would not automatically be guaranteed.

The EU was ready to negotiate from day one and said so but also made it clear that negotiations cannot start until Article 50 has been invoked. Furthermore, Juncker felt it incumbent on him to clearly remind the UK government, at a time when the UK government was making noises about changing the rules for late arrivals to the UK, that the UK is still a full member of the EU and as such bound by all its rules, including those on freedom of movement, until that ceases to be the case - which isn't until after the Article 50 negotiations are complete.

Disregarding the fact that Angela Merkel alone cannot speak for the EU (unlike Theresa May and the UK on her part), can you not see how it is not Angela Merkel who needs to commence with the assurances?

It is a little tiresome - albeit entirely predictable - that this business of "they are refusing to be reasonable" or "all agreements will be reciprocal so if it turns out badly it's because of them" is arising at all. It is the UK which voted to leave, it is the UK which wishes to curtail freedom of movement, it is the UK which wants to end the agreements on social security etc etc etc. The EU wants to keep all those things. Now - who precisely is it who is generating uncertainty?

And I can't for the life of me see why that leaves Remoaners with egg on their chins and running all the way down their shirts - perhaps you can start with that in your reply and then move on to the easy stuff.

Oh my good god.. You are not really expecting THE DICK. to read that are you Eric? It's correct, It's logical, reasoned response. He won't get past the first two words....Give up now and leave the monkey alone . :starsmile:

jimenato Nov 30th 2016 9:35 am

Originally Posted by GeniB (Post 12117740)
Oh my good god.. You are not really expecting THE DICK. to read that are you Eric? It's correct, It's logical, reasoned response. He won't get past the first two words....Give up now and leave the monkey alone . :starsmile:

This monkey?

http://www.asktheheadhunter.com/wp-c...10/la-la-2.png

EMR Nov 30th 2016 10:46 am

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly (Post 12117539)

Hardly and demonstrates you apalling lack of knowledge about how the EU operates.
There are 27 other nations who have to agree when the UK finally decides to start negotiations.
Remind us when was article 50 activated and when did official negotiations start.
Facts again Dick Facts.