British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Take it Outside! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/take-outside-67/)
-   -   Post EU Referendum (https://britishexpats.com/forum/take-outside-67/post-eu-referendum-879308/)

Lion in Winter Nov 28th 2016 11:37 am

re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by DaveLovesDee (Post 12116226)
The referendum only asked Remain or Leave the EU. Whether we Remain or Leave the EEA is a separate issue.

I suggested more than a few times a while back on the Leaving the EU thread, that we could end up leaving the EU but still follow EU laws as an EEA member (without the say in the making of those rules that we currently have).

You weren't alone. Big business will get what big business wants, one way or another. They don't give a damn what colour anyone's passport is.

We shall see what the outcome is, but you can bet there will be a lot of revisionist history with people saying "that's what we meant all along" and "we won" because we aren't actual members of the EU any more even if we follow the same regulations and mutual arrangements and payments as before, just under a different name.

Dick Dasterdly Nov 28th 2016 12:04 pm

re: Post EU Referendum
 
There are a number of obvious reasons why Big Businesss is now increasingly investing in and looking upon the Uk as a more attractive and safer option.

The Eu by its own admission is in existential crisis and its future is clearly in doubt if indeed it has one at all.

Furthermore some Eu countries, most especially France, Sweden, Germany and Belgium are now beginning to suffer the effects of the disastrous immigration policy, resulting in an increasingly unstable and unsavoury environment, accompanied by a substantial rise in crime rate, with loss of control in some areas, authorities and police not knowing which way to turn, also France undergoing a resultant state of emergency for much of the last year, as it becomes increasingly obvious to one and all that trying to sweep it all under the carpet is definitely not the answer and the future within the Eu becomes evermore uncertain.

:cool:

EMR Nov 28th 2016 12:36 pm

re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly (Post 12116251)
There are a number of obvious reasons why Big Businesss is now increasingly investing in and looking upon the Uk as a more attractive and safer option.

The Eu by its own admission is in existential crisis and its future is clearly in doubt if indeed it has one at all.

Furthermore some Eu countries, most especially France, Sweden, Germany and Belgium are now beginning to suffer the effects of the disastrous immigration policy, resulting in an increasingly unstable and unsavoury environment, accompanied by a substantial rise in crime rate, with loss of control in some areas, authorities and police not knowing which way to turn, also France undergoing a resultant state of emergency for much of the last year, as it becomes increasingly obvious to one and all that trying to sweep it all under the carpet is definitely not the answer and the future within the Eu becomes evermore uncertain.

:cool:

You do not get it at all, big business knows it is on a winner.
Either we will retain free access to the EU or this conservstive government will provide " support " if life gets tough for the likes of Nissan, Jaguar etc, in fact anyone whose profits will suffer if they face tarrifs from the EU.
The future of the EU will be decided by its remaining members, we voted out,
France will have a Gaullist government, right of centre but pro EU.
As always scrape the veneer off of most of our brexiters and their true feelings soon emerge.
Immigration, immigration immigration.

mikelincs Nov 28th 2016 3:32 pm

re: Post EU Referendum
 
Well here is the man who has avowed to ensure that Brexit means Brexit from his lofty perch of leader of UKIP, he is also anti abortion, anti gay marriage and many other things, a worthy successor to Nigel.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Nuttall

EMR Nov 28th 2016 3:49 pm

re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by mikelincs (Post 12116359)
Well here is the man who has avowed to ensure that Brexit means Brexit from his lofty perch of leader of UKIP, he is also anti abortion, anti gay marriage and many other things, a worthy successor to Nigel.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Nuttall

What ever happened to the surge in Ukip membership ?

DaveLovesDee Nov 28th 2016 3:58 pm

re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by EMR (Post 12116368)
What ever happened to the surge in Ukip membership ?

It surged.

mikelincs Nov 28th 2016 7:25 pm

re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by EMR (Post 12116368)
What ever happened to the surge in Ukip membership ?

I gather it's surged by by least 10, :rofl::rofl:

TGA Nov 28th 2016 7:57 pm

re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by mikelincs (Post 12116487)
I gather it's surged by by least 10, :rofl::rofl:

so labour down by 10:rofl::rofl:

EMR Nov 28th 2016 8:29 pm

re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by mikelincs (Post 12116487)
I gather it's surged by by least 10, :rofl::rofl:

Just right for a five a side punch up, a ukip tradition.
Ukip memberdhip is declining and is now less than the Green party.

Dick Dasterdly Nov 28th 2016 10:12 pm

re: Post EU Referendum
 
Job done.

Mission successfully completed. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Who cares ?

:cool:

Scamp Nov 29th 2016 5:22 am

re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly (Post 12116590)
Job done.

Mission successfully completed. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Who cares ?

:cool:

What job is done? Replacing Farage or Brexit?

Because only one of those has been done and I wouldn't call it a success looking at the guy.

morpeth Nov 29th 2016 5:32 am

re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by EMR (Post 12116267)
You do not get it at all, big business knows it is on a winner.
Either we will retain free access to the EU or this conservstive government will provide " support " if life gets tough for the likes of Nissan, Jaguar etc, in fact anyone whose profits will suffer if they face tarrifs from the EU.
The future of the EU will be decided by its remaining members, we voted out,
France will have a Gaullist government, right of centre but pro EU.
As always scrape the veneer off of most of our brexiters and their true feelings soon emerge.
Immigration, immigration immigration.

However the immigration issue is a key and perhaps eventually the main determinant on the viability of the EU. The case of Sweden may appear extreme, but imagine ( and trends are somewhat evident already) Germany reaching the same stage as Sweden. Would the UK want freedom of movement in those circumstances of a Germany with the level of problems Sweden has ? Belgium at least according to people I know there seems to be on a "Sweden path" already.

As far as UK it does appear from the outside it has handled many of the migrant/integration issues somewhat better than Europe.

Of course government will try to mitigate somewhat any negative effects of Brexit, hard to see though that there wont be winners and losers within the business world as a result of Brexit.

TGA Nov 29th 2016 6:18 am

re: Post EU Referendum
 
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CyaLNmxXcAAyq6G.jpg

Scamp Nov 29th 2016 6:24 am

re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by TGA (Post 12116762)

Scotland not part of the UK anymore then?

TGA Nov 29th 2016 6:33 am

re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by Scamp (Post 12116763)
Scotland not part of the UK anymore then?

Scotland voted remain you fool :rofl:


All times are GMT. The time now is 8:35 am.

Powered by vBulletin: ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.