British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Take it Outside! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/take-outside-67/)
-   -   Post EU Referendum (https://britishexpats.com/forum/take-outside-67/post-eu-referendum-879308/)

EMR Nov 24th 2016 9:43 am

re: Post EU Referendum

Originally Posted by TGA (Post 12113504)
Are you drunk

No just better educated !

Dick Dasterdly Nov 24th 2016 10:16 am

Originally Posted by EMR (Post 12113507)

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Dick Dasterdly Nov 24th 2016 10:16 am

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/f...sked-questions

Government response
Frequently Asked Questions
FromDepartment for Exiting the European UnionFirst published:22 November 2016
To help keep people informed about our work, we have compiled answers to the questions we get asked most about the UK's departure from the European Union.....

EMR Nov 24th 2016 10:31 am

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly (Post 12113524)
https://www.gov.uk/government/news/f...sked-questions

Government response
Frequently Asked Questions
FromDepartment for Exiting the European UnionFirst published:22 November 2016
To help keep people informed about our work, we have compiled answers to the questions we get asked most about the UK's departure from the European Union.....

Just as informative about the governments brexit policy as one of your Express headlines.

Scamp Nov 24th 2016 11:52 am

Originally Posted by TGA (Post 12113478)
Love trumps hate. Chill out

I'm 9 minutes from finishing my week and heading to the pub, I'm as chilled as they come.

You and your cronies need to relax. The immigrants aren't interested in you or stealing your village idiot title. :blink:

jimenato Nov 24th 2016 12:51 pm

Originally Posted by EMR (Post 12113489)
The " village" obviously has its own language.

I notice that not one of our brexiters has come out in support of Hammonds autumn statement.
In the OBR report is a reference to a fall in immigration to under 200,000 year by 2021 and how this too will negatively impact on the economy.
Whats the betting we will see headlines from the usual sources " As the economy slows Immigrants continue to flood in, What did we vote for " Brexit Betrayed ".

As keeps getting pointed out (by mfesharne and co) the referendum only asked remain or leave. Nothing about immigration. So there can be no complaints.

TGA Nov 24th 2016 12:58 pm

Originally Posted by EMR (Post 12113507)

Don't confuse education with intelligence luv😘

EMR Nov 24th 2016 1:02 pm

Originally Posted by TGA (Post 12113621)

Says someone who obviously does not know the difference.

TGA Nov 24th 2016 1:06 pm

Originally Posted by Scamp (Post 12113586)
I'm 9 minutes from finishing my week and heading to the pub, I'm as chilled as they come.

You and your cronies need to relax. The immigrants aren't interested in you or stealing your village idiot title. :blink:

9 minutes 😂😂 man up and ask your boss if you can leave early.

GeniB Nov 24th 2016 1:41 pm

Originally Posted by TGA (Post 12113504)
Are you drunk

Oh dear TGA Is that the best you can come up? :rofl:

Your enough to make people take to drink.. but no,alas i am not.

GeniB Nov 24th 2016 1:42 pm

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly (Post 12113523)
:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Glad that you agree i am. DD :starsmile:

GeniB Nov 24th 2016 1:44 pm

Originally Posted by TGA (Post 12113621)

Well no chance of that in your case TGA..we are all still waiting to see a single spark of either. :starsmile:

TGA Nov 24th 2016 4:49 pm

from guido fawkes.

Worth pointing out that yesterday’s OBR forecast comprehensively debunked several of the key claims made by the Remain campaign. During the referendum Osborne and the Treasury told voters 500,000 jobs would be lost in the aftermath of the Brexit vote. The OBR’s numbers are hugely more optimistic, they say unemployment will only go up by 100,000 by 2020 and that employment will rise too: 500,000 more jobs will be created. During the referendum the Treasury forecast a Leave vote to cause growth to plummet to -0.2% in 2017, and there to be a recession. The forecast is now +1.4% and no recession. What’s more, Project Fear’s threats that Brexit would cause permanently lower growth have been rubbished – the rate of growth will return to the long run average by 2019 say the OBR. Remember this when Remainers claim they told you so…

EMR Nov 24th 2016 5:21 pm

Originally Posted by TGA (Post 12113780)
from guido fawkes.

Back to reality,not just the OBR but now the IFS all adding to Hammonds very gloomy forcast on public finances and future growth.

TGA Nov 24th 2016 5:47 pm

Originally Posted by EMR (Post 12113805)
Back to reality,not just the OBR but now the IFS all adding to Hammonds very gloomy forcast on public finances and future growth.

But what you forgot to mention is that there report was based on gross wages and not money in pocket. I admit though, it's not great but the trend was well rooted before brexit was on the table so we can put that one down to #despitebrexit