British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Take it Outside! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/take-outside-67/)
-   -   Post EU Referendum (https://britishexpats.com/forum/take-outside-67/post-eu-referendum-879308/)

TGA Nov 22nd 2016 5:40 pm

re: Post EU Referendum

Originally Posted by EMR (Post 12111782)
You really are not very bright for a brexiter are you.
You have just applauded a post that confirms just how well the UK is doing as a full member of the EU with free access and all the benefits it brings.

#despitebrexit:thumbsup:

mrken30 Nov 22nd 2016 5:44 pm

Originally Posted by EMR (Post 12111782)
You really are not very bright for a brexiter are you.
You have just applauded a post that confirms just how well the UK is doing as a full member of the EU with free access and all the benefits it brings.

Maybe he's a convert, but I think he really doesn't understand that being $1.5 tn in the red is not good for anyone.

TGA Nov 22nd 2016 5:46 pm

its all good
https://i1.wp.com/order-order.com/wp...rexit-x172.gif

DaveLovesDee Nov 22nd 2016 7:26 pm

Originally Posted by TGA (Post 12111789)

#despiteavote

Originally Posted by TGA (Post 12111795)

#whendidweleave

TGA Nov 22nd 2016 7:42 pm

Originally Posted by DaveLovesDee (Post 12111874)
#despiteavote

#whendidweleave

We did vote

We haven't yet but don't panic. The sky won't fall in.

DaveLovesDee Nov 22nd 2016 11:23 pm

Originally Posted by TGA (Post 12111881)
We haven't yet but don't panic. The sky won't fall in.

Not what you said earlier....

Originally Posted by TGA (Post 12111789)

TGA Nov 23rd 2016 4:22 am

Originally Posted by DaveLovesDee (Post 12111996)
Not what you said earlier....

Its happening dave loves dee.. it's happening :britflag:

Scamp Nov 23rd 2016 5:30 am

Originally Posted by TGA (Post 12112088)

Is it? Your bible seems scared....although I agree with you that it's happening.

No doubt these articles are just to increase the use of 'uproar', 'betrayal', 'bombshell', 'derail' and other such drastic bullshit that gets you all excited and uppity....despite the obvious unlikeliness that any of it can be anywhere near the truth or realistic.

Branson to derail Brexit

Scotland and Wales can DERAIL Brexit

Brexit could be STOPPED by Parliament after BOMBSHELL Article 50 'betrayal' ruling

Makes you wonder why they bother, surely nobody is so stupid they can believe any of this stuff, or read it?

Oh. Sorry, forgot who I was talking to. :unsure:

amideislas Nov 23rd 2016 5:33 am

Originally Posted by Scamp (Post 12112122)
Is it? Your bible seems scared....although I agree with you that it's happening.

No doubt these articles are just to increase the use of 'uproar', 'betrayal', 'bombshell', 'derail' and other such drastic bullshit that gets you all excited and uppity....despite the obvious unlikeliness that any of it can be anywhere near the truth or realistic.

Branson to derail Brexit

Scotland and Wales can DERAIL Brexit

Brexit could be STOPPED by Parliament after BOMBSHELL Article 50 'betrayal' ruling

Makes you wonder why they bother, surely nobody is so stupid they can believe any of this stuff, or read it?

Oh. Sorry, forgot who I was talking to. :unsure:

That kind of belongs in the fake news thread. :nod:

Scamp Nov 23rd 2016 6:36 am

Originally Posted by amideislas (Post 12112123)
That kind of belongs in the fake news thread. :nod:

There must be a website that collects amazing headlines. No, not in a news way that means TGA, Dick et al will believe it's the whole story and correct, but in a satirical way, poking fun at such misleading drivel.

mikelincs Nov 23rd 2016 7:00 am

Originally Posted by Scamp (Post 12112171)
There must be a website that collects amazing headlines. No, not in a news way that means TGA, Dick et al will believe it's the whole story and correct, but in a satirical way, poking fun at such misleading drivel.

Private Eye does a lot of that.

DaveLovesDee Nov 23rd 2016 7:53 am

Originally Posted by TGA (Post 12112088)

I must stop drinking too much alcohol. I can't remember anything about Article 50 having been triggered.

#ithasntevenstartedyet

Originally Posted by Scamp (Post 12112171)

The Daily Express?

The Sun?

Originally Posted by mikelincs (Post 12112189)
Private Eye does a lot of that.

And that one!

amideislas Nov 23rd 2016 9:44 am

You can always rely on the daily fail for stories about millions of migrants living in posh benefit council housing, driving benefit range rovers and taking all British jobs, all because EU law forces Britain to do it.

morpeth Nov 23rd 2016 4:15 pm

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter (Post 12111056)
Yes, I know you keep repeating that it wasn't a promise. Yet half the country thought it was. Do you think that they are stupid or manipulated into believing something that wasn't true?

Is it a requirement that someone's vote be based solely on one "untruth"? I'm sure we could find a few more "promises" that have bitten the dust if you need more. How many believed false promises do you reckon it takes to make one wonder if people were misled?

I think you may be missing the point of why so many voted for Trump. In the area I was in simply the majority of Trump voters I spoke to simply voted for change and against the status quo. Sure some were fanatic anti-Clinton types but most simply looked around them at the decline and hardship, and voted against what they perceived as the status quo.

DaveLovesDee Nov 23rd 2016 4:34 pm

Originally Posted by morpeth (Post 12112743)
In the area I was in simply the majority of Trump voters I spoke to simply voted for change and against the status quo. Sure some were fanatic anti-Clinton types but most simply looked around them at the decline and hardship, and voted against what they perceived as the status quo.

When are Americans going to see this change?