British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Take it Outside! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/take-outside-67/)
-   -   Post EU Referendum (https://britishexpats.com/forum/take-outside-67/post-eu-referendum-879308/)

DaveLovesDee Nov 22nd 2016 2:54 pm

re: Post EU Referendum

Originally Posted by Bipat (Post 12111457)
I have frequently said ----same rules for ALL immigrants regardless of nationality. That includes all European nations.

And my original question on the ID card thread just took that slightly further.

All immigrants to the UK are issued with an ID card or certificate. ID cards for all those residing in the UK (whether Brit or migrant) just levels the playing field.

EMR Nov 22nd 2016 3:23 pm

Originally Posted by GeniB (Post 12111596)
Well looks like the EU will get some satisfaction out of all this. It has been discovered that Farage 'trousered' half a million euro's to fund his campaign in Thanet. He and his cohorts across the channel will be asked to pay the money back. Something about dishonesty and corruption was mentioned

That explains why he gets on with Trump, like minds.

Bipat Nov 22nd 2016 3:32 pm

Re: Post Brexit threaded

Originally Posted by Red Eric (Post 12111532)
Suppose for a moment that in the end the rules turn out still to be different in some way that could be seen as favourable to EU citizens.

Would you change your mind about the wisdom of leaving?

No.

Bipat Nov 22nd 2016 3:38 pm

Originally Posted by DaveLovesDee (Post 12111607)
And my original question on the ID card thread just took that slightly further.

All immigrants to the UK are issued with an ID card or certificate. ID cards for all those residing in the UK (whether Brit or migrant) just levels the playing field.

I was answering the post of Assanah who referred to me personally as wanting more Indian immigrants. My answer was that rules of ENTRY should be the same for ALL imigrants. Not a comment on what happens when they get here.

TGA Nov 22nd 2016 4:35 pm

BRITISH food and drink companies have rung up their best ever overseas sales as they cash in on the plunging Pound.

Brexit-backers hailed industry figures yesterday which revealed exports of everything from chocolate to salmon totalled a record £3.4 billion between July and September – up 12.1 per cent on a year ago.
https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/223555...after-eu-vote/

Lion in Winter Nov 22nd 2016 4:37 pm

Originally Posted by TGA (Post 12111708)

Nothing like a crashed currency to promote exports.

I bought two Christmas puddings myself.

TGA Nov 22nd 2016 4:40 pm

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter (Post 12111710)

you wouldn't understand

EMR Nov 22nd 2016 4:44 pm

You will have to explain the maths to tga, you will also need to demonstrate the costs now incurred by the same companies on any thing they import.

mrken30 Nov 22nd 2016 5:05 pm

Nothing like a bit of currency conversion to make things sound worse than they are.

UK wealth down by S$2.1 trillion after pound falls post-Brexit: Credit Suisse, Economy News & Top Stories - The Straits Times

But the Credit Suisse report showed that in pound sterling terms, wealth per adult was 6% higher year-on-year as at the end of June and is a third higher than it was before the financial crisis struck.

So all must be good.

TGA Nov 22nd 2016 5:09 pm

Originally Posted by mrken30 (Post 12111738)
Nothing like a bit of currency conversion to make things sound worse than they are.

UK wealth down by S$2.1 trillion after pound falls post-Brexit: Credit Suisse, Economy News & Top Stories - The Straits Times

But the Credit Suisse report showed that in pound sterling terms, wealth per adult was 6% higher year-on-year as at the end of June and is a third higher than it was before the financial crisis struck.

So all must be good.

:goodpost:

mrken30 Nov 22nd 2016 5:09 pm

Terry's chocolate Oranges weren't any cheaper this year. But then again they are made in Poland, not the UK.

Lion in Winter Nov 22nd 2016 5:21 pm

Originally Posted by mrken30 (Post 12111738)

So all must be good.

You know they'll just go out and buy more Range Rovers. Segments of the UK have done very well for years, despite the jackboots of the EU, etc. Which we are still in.

We shall see how those on the losing end of the economic scale do after we leave. Will they all be able to get thousand-quid armchairs, I wonder?

Lion in Winter Nov 22nd 2016 5:23 pm

Originally Posted by mrken30 (Post 12111745)
Terry's chocolate Oranges weren't any cheaper this year. But then again they are made in Poland, not the UK.

They've got smaller too.

Probably a Polish trick of some sort.

EMR Nov 22nd 2016 5:32 pm

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter (Post 12111764)
They've got smaller too.

Probably a Polish trick of some sort.

Bloody foreigners!!

EMR Nov 22nd 2016 5:35 pm

Originally Posted by TGA (Post 12111744)
:goodpost:

You really are not very bright for a brexiter are you.
You have just applauded a post that confirms just how well the UK is doing as a full member of the EU with free access and all the benefits it brings.