British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Take it Outside! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/take-outside-67/)
-   -   Post EU Referendum (https://britishexpats.com/forum/take-outside-67/post-eu-referendum-879308/)

DaveLovesDee Nov 21st 2016 10:23 pm

re: Post EU Referendum

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly (Post 12110976)
So you interpret let's spend it on the NHS as a promise to spend it on the NHS ?

Again. My post quoted below shows the media interpreted the same way. And it appears no-one from the Leave campaigns disputed this before the votes had been counted.

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter (Post 12110959)
Have you reviewed all the links Dave and I provided on the subject?

You seem to be the only person in the UK (well not in the UK, but you know what I mean) who didn't think it was a promise. Even Farage thought it was a promise, since he later said Leave had made a mistake in promising it but it wasn't his fault since he was "shut out" of the Leave campaign even if he did stand in front of the bus.

It didn't become a 'suggestion' until after the votes had been counted.

Lion in Winter Nov 21st 2016 10:26 pm

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly (Post 12110997)
So the media swallowed it and you swallowed the media,

As in this IMMEDIATE AND PROFOUND shock that was supposed to hit us. :rofl:

All I can say, is if that's Remains version of AN IMMEDIATE AND PROFOUND ECONOMIC SHOCK,

then please let's have more of them. :rofl:

:thumbsup:

So if the media "swallowed it" and the half of Britain that also thought it was a promise "swallowed it" then you are saying that the Leave campaign simply lied in order to manipulate the electorate.

Congratulations. Many months late, but congratulations none the less.

DaveLovesDee Nov 21st 2016 10:32 pm

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter (Post 12111005)
So if the media "swallowed it" and the half of Britain that also thought it was a promise "swallowed it" then you are saying that the Leave campaign simply lied in order to manipulate the electorate.

Dick said it wasn't a lie.

It must have been a misunderstanding then....

Lion in Winter Nov 21st 2016 10:34 pm

Originally Posted by DaveLovesDee (Post 12111009)
Dick said it wasn't a lie.

It must have been a misunderstanding then....

Yeah, no harm done. Oh, wait.......

Actually, I don't think you "swallow" misunderstandings.

Dick Dasterdly Nov 21st 2016 10:38 pm

Originally Posted by DaveLovesDee (Post 12111002)
Again. My post quoted below shows the media interpreted the same way. And it appears no-one from the Leave campaigns disputed this before the votes had been counted.
It didn't become a 'suggestion' until after the votes had been counted.

Ha ha, that's pathetic.

The wording was clear enough, it was never changed and I'm sure you understand it as well as I do,

if only you were honest enough to admit it, that is.

:cool:

Lion in Winter Nov 21st 2016 10:40 pm

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly (Post 12110997)
So the media swallowed it and you swallowed the media,

:thumbsup:

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter (Post 12111005)

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly (Post 12111016)
Ha ha, that's pathetic.

The wording was clear enough, it was never changed and I'm sure you understand it as well as I do,

Yes, you apparently understood what was going on perfectly...

DaveLovesDee Nov 21st 2016 10:43 pm

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly (Post 12111016)
Ha ha, that's pathetic.

Prove that it was a suggestion before the referendum count then......

mrken30 Nov 21st 2016 10:53 pm

It doesn't really matter how the £350mn would be spent, it wasn't there to be spent on anything.

What's unfortunate is now the cost of paying the EU while the UK forms an exit strategy has gone up due to the decline in sterling.

Dick Dasterdly Nov 21st 2016 11:00 pm

Originally Posted by DaveLovesDee (Post 12111024)
Prove that it was a suggestion before the referendum count then......

I don't have to prove anything.

The wording was precisely the same before the referendum as afterwards.

It never changed.

Clearly a suggestion and absolutely NO MENTION OF ANY PROMISE.

The only ones who tried to change or twist it for their own devious purposes into something other than it truly and clearly was as per the English language, were the Remain Campaign.

Lion in Winter Nov 21st 2016 11:09 pm

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly (Post 12111036)
I don't have to prove anything.

The wording was precisely the same before the referendum as afterwards.

It never changed.

Clearly a suggestion and absolutely NO MENTION OF ANY PROMISE.

The only ones who tried to change or twist it for their own devious purposes into something other than it truly and clearly was as per the English language, were the Remain Campaign.

So you're saying that the 50% of the country that thought it was a promise "swallowed" a deception, or at least was too stupid to work out that the promise was meaningless, unlike clever old you. Yet you are ok with the fact that that so many votes were cast based on this failure to understand that it wasn't a real promise. You're a very promising pilitician.

Dick Dasterdly Nov 21st 2016 11:10 pm

Originally Posted by mrken30 (Post 12111030)
It doesn't really matter how the £350mn would be spent, it wasn't there to be spent on anything.

What's unfortunate is now the cost of paying the EU while the UK forms an exit strategy has gone up due to the decline in sterling.

What has also already gone up is the cost of Eu contributions from 350 to 365.

How much it will eventually cost to bail them out of the tragic Empire building mess they've got themselves in, heaven only knows.

The sooner we're well clear of it the better.

If the Germans want an Empire, let them get on with it.

It's already been estimated that they will have to foot 25% of the Eu budget once we are out of it.
I see quite a few other countries are already expressing concern at their liability for increased contributions, also.

Dick Dasterdly Nov 21st 2016 11:15 pm

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter (Post 12111039)
So you're saying that the 50% of the country that thought it was a promise "swallowed" a deception, or at least was too stupid to work out that the promise was meaningless, unlike clever old you. Yet you are ok with the fact that that so many votes were cast based on this failure to understand that it wasn't a real promise. You're a very promising pilitician.

I'm saying the wording is in simple English, not difficult to comprehend and has not been changed.

Only the Remoaners tried to twist it into something that it very clearly was not, in their sheer desperation for a straw to grasp hold of.

Lion in Winter Nov 21st 2016 11:24 pm

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly (Post 12111043)
I'm saying the wording is in simple English, not difficult to comprehend and has not been changed.

Only the Remoaners tried to twist it into something that it very clearly was not, in their sheer desperation for a straw to grasp hold of.

So what do you say to all those people who voted to Leave while believing that Leave had made that promise?

Or are you saying that you know that the only people who believed it was a promise were people who voted to stay?

Dick Dasterdly Nov 21st 2016 11:27 pm

Here's a great old song I'm sure Remoaners everywhere right from Pinocchio Cameron to B.E. Bullshitters will appreciate,

or at least they did so before the referendum. :lol:

Dick Dasterdly Nov 21st 2016 11:38 pm

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter (Post 12111049)
So what do you say to all those people who voted to Leave while believing that Leave had made that promise?

Or are you saying that you know that the only people who believed it was a promise were people who voted to stay?

I repeat, IT WAS NOT A PROMISE !

You are seemingly having a great problem with the English Language.

The main reasons why people voted leave have already been researched and discussed.

I.e. Sovereignty, Independence, Immigration Control.

I have yet to see a single quote from a Leaver who voted purely and simply solely on the strength of that mere suggestion.

Maybe you can provide one ?
Only one, not a lot to ask is it, if you still think you have a point ? :unsure: