British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Take it Outside! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/take-outside-67/)
-   -   Post EU Referendum (https://britishexpats.com/forum/take-outside-67/post-eu-referendum-879308/)

Lion in Winter Nov 21st 2016 9:38 pm

re: Post EU Referendum

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing (Post 12110927)
Come on now, Dave, do you expect us to believe that? Sky News is obviously fake. There's no news in the sky. Must try harder ...

There is, however, pie in the sky. Which is, apparently, where the NHS's money is stored.

SultanOfSwing Nov 21st 2016 9:39 pm

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter (Post 12110934)
There is, however, pie in the sky. Which is, apparently, where the NHS's money is stored.

Nutek will be along in a minute.

Dick Dasterdly Nov 21st 2016 9:42 pm

As I've clearly demonstrated and will make no apology for continuing to do so, there never was a promise to spend those funds on the NHS,
at least for anyone who went to school and had a basic comprehension of the English language.

As I said if the Eu is so bloody wonderful, it would be nice if they offered the rebate of our own money to the NHS,

or likewise maybe some of the other funds we contributed, rather than spending it on their own luxuries and pissing the rest away down a bottomless black hole.

:cool:

Lion in Winter Nov 21st 2016 9:44 pm

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly (Post 12110942)
As I've clearly demonstrated and will make no apology for continuing to do so, there never was a promise to spend those funds on the NHS,
at least for anyone who went to school and had a basic comprehension of the English language.

As I said if the Eu is so bloody wonderful, it would be nice if they offered the rebate of our own money to the NHS,

or likewise maybe some of the other funds we contributed, rather than spending it on their own luxuries and pissing the rest away down a bottomless black hole.

NB: Repeating things over and over again is not the same as "demonstrating" things.

Lion in Winter Nov 21st 2016 9:45 pm

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing (Post 12110936)
Nutek will be along in a minute.

That should raise the tone a bit.

Dick Dasterdly Nov 21st 2016 9:46 pm

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter (Post 12110949)
NB: Repeating things over and over again is not the same as "demonstrating" things.

Do you comprehend the suggestion of " let's spent it on the NHS",

Or was your education limited also ?

SultanOfSwing Nov 21st 2016 9:48 pm

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter (Post 12110950)
That should raise the tone a bit.

:nod:

Lion in Winter Nov 21st 2016 9:50 pm

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly (Post 12110952)
Do you comprehend the suggestion of " let's spent it on the NHS",

Or was your education limited also ?

Have you reviewed all the links Dave and I provided on the subject?

You seem to be the only person in the UK (well not in the UK, but you know what I mean) who didn't think it was a promise. Even Farage thought it was a promise, since he later said Leave had made a mistake in promising it but it wasn't his fault since he was "shut out" of the Leave campaign even if he did stand in front of the bus.

Dick Dasterdly Nov 21st 2016 9:52 pm

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter (Post 12110959)
Have you reviewed all the links Dave and I provided on the subject?

You seem to be the only person in the UK (well not in the UK, but you know what I mean) who didn't think it was a promise. Even Farage thought it was a promise, since he later said Leave had made a mistake in promising it but it wasn't his fault since he was "shut out" of the Leave campaign even if he did stand in front of the bus.

I'll ask you again, how do you personally interpret that simple statement/suggestion ?

Lion in Winter Nov 21st 2016 9:53 pm

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly (Post 12110962)
I'll ask you again, how do you personally interpret that simple statement/suggestion ?

I've already told you what I think many times over. Read it, for once, instead of just reacting because someone disagrees with you.

Dick Dasterdly Nov 21st 2016 10:01 pm

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter (Post 12110966)
I've already told you what I think many times over. Read it, for once, instead of just reacting because someone disagrees with you.

So you interpret let's spend it on the NHS as a promise to spend it on the NHS ?

If so it clearly demonstrates not only what twisted minds many Remoaners have, but also how they have been desperate to grasp at any available straw in order to promote their cause.

Sour grapes.

You lost.

Get over it.

Do you not realise you are all behaving like five yr old kids who have just had their sweeties taken away. :rofl:

Lion in Winter Nov 21st 2016 10:06 pm

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly (Post 12110976)
So you interpret let's spend it on the NHS as a promise to spend it on the NHS ?

If so it clearly demonstrates not only what twisted minds many Remoaners have, but also how they have been desperate to grasp at any available straw in order to promote their cause.

Sour grapes.

You lost.

Get over it.

Do you not realise you are all behaving like five yr old kids who have just had their sweeties taken away. :rofl:

I have no idea what you are ranting about now.

We were all having a perfectly reasonable conversation until you popped in with your bag of smilies.

What have I lost now?

DaveLovesDee Nov 21st 2016 10:10 pm

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter (Post 12110931)
And apparently half of all the British believed it too. Surely the Leave campaign didn't try to mislead the public and whip up hysteria and emotion with falsehoods? That can't be possible - so it must have been a real promise.

Nearly half of Britons believe Vote Leave's false '£350 million a week to the EU' claim | The Independent

Or this.

‘£350m for the NHS’ swayed disabled voters in EU referendum

Research by the Papworth Trust reveals how propaganda about the NHS swayed disabled voters who didn’t know how many of their protections were form the EU

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly (Post 12110942)

As I showed above, the media believed it. And there was barely any attempt at correcting the media's error, was there?

These have been explained a number of times to you. How's your basic comprehension?

Dick Dasterdly Nov 21st 2016 10:17 pm

Originally Posted by DaveLovesDee (Post 12110988)
Or this.

‘£350m for the NHS’ swayed disabled voters in EU referendum

As I showed above, the media believed it. And there was barely any attempt at correcting the media's error, was there?

These have been explained a number of times to you. How's your basic comprehension?

So the media swallowed it and you swallowed the media,

As in this IMMEDIATE AND PROFOUND shock that was supposed to hit us. :rofl:

All I can say, is if that's Remains version of AN IMMEDIATE AND PROFOUND ECONOMIC SHOCK,

then please let's have more of them. :rofl:

:thumbsup:

Dick Dasterdly Nov 21st 2016 10:19 pm

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter (Post 12110982)
I have no idea what you are ranting about now.

We were all having a perfectly reasonable conversation until you popped in with your bag of smilies.

What have I lost now?

Your marbles ? :confused:

Oh sorry I forgot, you didn't have any in the first place. :rofl: