British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Take it Outside! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/take-outside-67/)
-   -   Post EU Referendum (https://britishexpats.com/forum/take-outside-67/post-eu-referendum-879308/)

DaveLovesDee Nov 15th 2016 9:44 pm

re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by lutonlad (Post 12106072)
At the time of the referendum, I think it's fair to assume that whatever the result, the Govt of the day would have had a plan.

http://www.wearetherealdeal.com/wp-c.../05/Assume.jpg

At the time of the referendum, Remainers were well aware of the plan if Remain won. We were also well aware that Cameron was not going to stay long if Leave won.

The media would have crucified Cameron for staying after Leave won. Look at the reception May got when she was seen as been marginal-Remain.

jimenato Nov 15th 2016 9:57 pm

re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by lutonlad (Post 12106072)

At the time of the referendum, I think it's fair to assume that whatever the result, the Govt of the day would have had a plan. Is that so difficult to comprehend FFS ?

You thought there was a plan for Brexit at the time of the referendum?

Seriously?

Sorry - but you're a fool.

Dick Dasterdly Nov 15th 2016 10:00 pm

re: Post EU Referendum
 
Margaret Thatchers summing up of the Catastrophic Eu,
Even more obvious now than it was back then.......

Fundamentally Unreformable.

An Empire in the making.

The Ultimate beaurocracy, founded on Humbug.

Inherently protectionist.

Intrinsically Corrupt.

Essentially Undemocratic..
Dedicated to the destruction of the member states.

A Classic failed Utopian Project.

A monument to the Vanity of intellectuals

A programme whose inevitable destiny is FAILURE .

How right she was. :nod:

DaveLovesDee Nov 15th 2016 10:08 pm

re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly (Post 12106096)
Margaret Thatchers summing up of the Catastrophic Eu,
Even more obvious now than it was back then.......

Fundamentally Unreformable.

An Empire in the making.

The Ultimate beaurocracy, founded on Humbug.

Inherently protectionist.

Intrinsically Corrupt.

Essentially Undemocratic..
Dedicated to the destruction of the member states.

A Classic failed Utopian Project.

A monument to the Vanity of intellectuals

A programme whose inevitable destiny is FAILURE .

How right she was. :nod:

And yet it still lasted longer than she did.

amideislas Nov 15th 2016 10:16 pm

re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly (Post 12106096)
Margaret Thatchers summing up of the Catastrophic Eu,
Even more obvious now than it was back then.......

Fundamentally Unreformable.

An Empire in the making.

The Ultimate beaurocracy, founded on Humbug.

Inherently protectionist.

Intrinsically Corrupt.

Essentially Undemocratic..
Dedicated to the destruction of the member states.

A Classic failed Utopian Project.

A monument to the Vanity of intellectuals

A programme whose inevitable destiny is FAILURE .

How right she was. :nod:


All very nice. All bullshit, but it's what some people want to hear, so that makes it legitimate. Daily Express is having a heyday I'm sure.

I suspect much of it has to do with the fact that the EU is 7 times the size of England, and that's just infathomable. Nobody can be bigger than little England, the single most powerful empire in the world...

Dick Dasterdly Nov 15th 2016 10:28 pm

re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by amideislas (Post 12106111)
All very nice. All bullshit, but it's what some people want to hear, so that makes it legitimate. Daily Express is having a heyday I'm sure.

I suspect much of it has to do with the fact that the EU is 7 times the size of England, and that's just infathomable. Nobody can be bigger than little England, the single most powerful empire in the world...

Usual nonsense.
Empires are part history and the UK had enough sense to see that and move on.

Not so the Eu.
Who else in their right minds would want to try Empire building in this day and age ?
Ah yes, the Eu of course.

Their ignorance and stupidity exceeds all known bounds and as Maggie said and they're beginning to realize and accept themselves,

Is doomed to FAILURE ! :thumbdown:

Dick Dasterdly Nov 15th 2016 10:31 pm

re: Post EU Referendum
 
Angela Merkel suggests she is willing to compromise on free movement in the wake of Brexit


Has Merkel finally seen the light after her never ending string of self inflicted disasters ?

Or is it too much to hope for ?

:cool:

amideislas Nov 15th 2016 10:33 pm

re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly (Post 12106119)
Usual nonsense.
Empires are part history and the UK had enough sense to see that and move on.

Not so the Eu.
Who else in their right minds would want to try Empire building in this day and age ?
Ah yes, the Eu of course.

Their ignorance and stupidity exceeds all known bounds and as Maggie said and they're beginning to realize and accept themselves,

Is doomed to FAILURE ! :thumbdown:

All very nice, Dicky boy, but England has its own problems to worry about now. Worrying about Europe's problems is self-defeating, as it will no longer have any influence over them.

Of course, you can dream that maybe Europe may have more difficulties than Britain. But of course, we can all dream. Unfortunately, if Europe fails, Britain will fail spectacularly.

Dick Dasterdly Nov 15th 2016 10:46 pm

re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by amideislas (Post 12106122)
All very nice, Dicky boy, but England has its own problems to worry about now. Worrying about Europe's problems is self-defeating, as it will no longer have any influence over them.

Of course, you can dream that maybe Europe may have more difficulties than Britain. But of course, we can all dream. Unfortunately, if Europe fails, Britain will fail spectacularly.

You couldn't be further of the mark.

Unlike the failing Eu,

The Uk with its wonderful worldwide connections in so many respects and many countries already queuing up to get part of the action has a great future once free of the bureaucratic bullshit which is virtually all the Eu has to offer.

amideislas Nov 15th 2016 10:49 pm

re: Post EU Referendum
 
Well there's no tangible evidence (other than the rhetoric printed in British Tabloids - the least respected media on earth) that would suggest otherwise.

Dick Dasterdly Nov 15th 2016 10:52 pm

re: Post EU Referendum
 
'Oh my God': How German media depict Trump victory - The Local

Of course we should all respect the German media.

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

amideislas Nov 15th 2016 10:58 pm

re: Post EU Referendum
 
Yes, you posted that previously, Dicky boy. You need not repeat the sensationalist rants of the local (a uniquely British publication). We know already.

Fact remains, you ought to spend some time in Germany. They have a bit different view than the British nationalist press.

Lion in Winter Nov 15th 2016 10:58 pm

re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly (Post 12106134)
'Oh my God': How German media depict Trump victory - The Local

Of course we should all respect the German media.

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Why do you keep posting the same things in different threads? Just pick one and dump it all in there with a load of smilies and you'll be done..

Dick Dasterdly Nov 15th 2016 11:14 pm

re: Post EU Referendum
 
Oops, touched a sore nerve have we.:cool:

amideislas Nov 15th 2016 11:19 pm

re: Post EU Referendum
 
Well, you do. You find one sensationalist (usually wholly inaccurate or misrepresentative) article, often from the 70's or something, which suits your narrative, and you post it as much as you can. It's usually from the daily express, just about the single least respected media on the planet.

And then you expect people to listen...


All times are GMT. The time now is 1:46 pm.

Powered by vBulletin: ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.