British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Take it Outside! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/take-outside-67/)
-   -   Post EU Referendum (https://britishexpats.com/forum/take-outside-67/post-eu-referendum-879308/)

Dick Dasterdly Nov 13th 2016 8:14 pm

re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by DaveLovesDee (Post 12103875)
Not a Brexit story, but a clear example of the level of factual content the Express passes as journalism on occasion.

SHOCK CLAIM: Chemtrails 'will wipe out humans' causing biblical-style floods, says expert



Jeez.....

Desperation tactics eh,

Anything to avoid replying to the link I posted, from none other than your very own Auntie Beeb by the way.

Anyway here it is just in case anyone is interested.
Bratislava EU meeting: Merkel says bloc in 'critical situation' - BBC News


:cool:

DaveLovesDee Nov 13th 2016 9:18 pm

re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly (Post 12103956)
Desperation tactics eh,

Anything to avoid replying to the link I posted, from none other than your very own Auntie Beeb by the way.

Anyway here it is just in case anyone is interested.
Bratislava EU meeting: Merkel says bloc in 'critical situation' - BBC News

:cool:


I wasn't avoiding anything. You've mentioned the so-called bust-up a number of times, and it's been responded to.

I don't have the patience to go over it again.

Dick Dasterdly Nov 13th 2016 10:24 pm

re: Post EU Referendum
 
Well both Merkel and Junckers have said pretty much the same thing, so we'll just leave it at that, eh ? :cool:

DaveLovesDee Nov 13th 2016 10:30 pm

re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly (Post 12104065)
Well both Merkel and Junckers have said pretty much the same thing, so we'll just leave it at that, eh ? :cool:

It doesn't change the fact that we've explained this to you multiple times. And that you're either ignoring what was said to you, or didn't understand what was said.

You're David Cameron, and I claim my £5.

EMR Nov 14th 2016 8:04 am

re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by DaveLovesDee (Post 12104069)
It doesn't change the fact that we've explained this to you multiple times. And that you're either ignoring what was said to you, or didn't understand what was said.

You're David Cameron, and I claim my £5.

You have to remember that there are all too many who get their opinions from headlines not Facts.
I am waiting for Dick to post a new one from his favourite news sources claiming that Farage will be our new ambassador to Washington.If he reads it he will believe it.

Dick Dasterdly Nov 14th 2016 8:12 pm

re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by DaveLovesDee (Post 12104069)
It doesn't change the fact that we've explained this to you multiple times. And that you're either ignoring what was said to you, or didn't understand what was said.

You're David Cameron, and I claim my £5.

Put whatever twisted slant on it you wish, as you always do.

Doesn't alter the fact that both Junkers and Merkel have openly admitted that the Eu is deep in the shit.

DaveLovesDee Nov 14th 2016 9:15 pm

re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly (Post 12104915)
Put whatever twisted slant on it you wish, as you always do.

Doesn't alter the fact that both Junkers and Merkel have openly admitted that the Eu is deep in the shit.

What slant?

Juncker and Merkel disagree over the direction the EU should go once the UK leaves. Juncker wants closer integration, Merkel doesn't.

I don't disagree that both have claimed the EU's in the shit, but it's problems can only be resolved by it's members. The UK leaving the EU will not resolve those issues, and the UK loses what moderating influence it did have.

Dick Dasterdly Nov 14th 2016 9:38 pm

re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by DaveLovesDee (Post 12104953)
What slant?

Juncker and Merkel disagree over the direction the EU should go once the UK leaves. Juncker wants closer integration, Merkel doesn't.

I don't disagree that both have claimed the EU's in the shit, but it's problems can only be resolved by it's members. The UK leaving the EU will not resolve those issues, and the UK loses what moderating influence it did have.

Those two have been at each other's throats for quite a while now.
Merkel wants Junkie gone, but who knows she could be gone first.

What a way to run a railroad eh ?

Why on earth should the U.K.stay aboard a sinking ship throwing good money after bad and what baffles me most is why on earth anyone tries to defend or justify the whole rotten corrupt stinking failing mess.

As for member countries resolving the mess, I think they've made it clear enough now that enough is enough and from now on most of them will be going their own way, orders or no orders from the over inflated egos of the big chiefs in Brussels who have already sadly abused their power and are now finally having to face up to the reality of the real world.

SultanOfSwing Nov 14th 2016 9:40 pm

re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly (Post 12104977)
... run a railroad ...


Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly (Post 12104977)
... a sinking ship ...

Make your bloody mind up.


Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly (Post 12104977)
... throwing good money after bad and what baffles me most is why on earth anyone tries to defend or justify the whole rotten corrupt stinking failing mess.

OK, this has got to be a win on Buzzword Bingo, right?

DaveLovesDee Nov 14th 2016 9:50 pm

re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly (Post 12104977)
Those two have been at each other's throats for quite a while now.

And a missed opportunity for the UK to drive a wedge between them, before taking a leading role in shaping the EU's future.

But we're Leaving, it's not our problem anymore.

Dick Dasterdly Nov 14th 2016 9:58 pm

re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by DaveLovesDee (Post 12104995)
And a missed opportunity for the UK to drive a wedge between them, before taking a leading role in shaping the EU's future.

But we're Leaving, it's not our problem anymore.

What nonsense. The UK had no more influence with the Eu than my cat.

Cameron's final humiliation proved that when even with a trump card in his hand he still crawled back with next to nowt and his tail between his legs.

Talking of Trump I don't see the Eu getting any sympathy there either.
It seems they are still in a state of shock.

It might have been hoped they'd accept it with some grace, but much like their pals over the pond, it seems they've all chucked their toys out of the Pram.:ohmy:

DaveLovesDee Nov 14th 2016 10:53 pm

re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly (Post 12105008)
What nonsense. The UK had no more influence with the Eu than my cat.

You're again talking through your arse.

How many opt-outs has the UK negotiated through the years? The most of any EU member state.


Cameron's final humiliation proved that when even with a trump card in his hand he still crawled back with next to nowt and his tail between his legs.
As we've said before, Cameron got most of what he asked for, which would have come into force after a Remain vote in the referendum.

In fact, some of the proposed changes that would have come into force have been implemented as part of new immigration rules coming into force this month and in February.

Dick Dasterdly Nov 14th 2016 11:15 pm

re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by DaveLovesDee (Post 12105069)
You're again talking through your arse.

How many opt-outs has the UK negotiated through the years? The most of any EU member state.



As we've said before, Cameron got most of what he asked for, which would have come into force after a Remain vote in the referendum.

In fact, some of the proposed changes that would have come into force have been implemented as part of new immigration rules coming into force this month and in February.

Cameron got precisely the square root of nowt.
In any event there was no guarantee what little he did claim, would actually come into force.

Still trying to figure out why anyone in their right mind would cling on to the last straw of what its own leaders openly admit is an organisation in deep shit. :confused:

DaveLovesDee Nov 14th 2016 11:51 pm

re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly (Post 12105092)
Cameron got precisely the square root of nowt.
In any event there was no guarantee what little he did claim, would actually come into force.

Still trying to figure out why anyone in their right mind would cling on to the last straw of what its own leaders openly admit is an organisation in deep shit. :confused:

Just because they say it (or the media reports that they said it), it doesn't make it so.

Given that many of the headlines in the links you post bear little relation to the content of those links, I'm not surprised you keep repeating the same arguments over and over again. Even after you've been shown you're wrong.

Scamp Nov 15th 2016 3:26 am

re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by DaveLovesDee (Post 12105114)
Just because they say it (or the media reports that they said it), it doesn't make it so.

Given that many of the headlines in the links you post bear little relation to the content of those links, I'm not surprised you keep repeating the same arguments over and over again. Even after you've been shown you're wrong.

You've got more chance of raking water uphill that getting Dick to agree to anything based on fact, logic or sense.


All times are GMT. The time now is 7:24 am.

Powered by vBulletin: ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.