British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Take it Outside! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/take-outside-67/)
-   -   Post EU Referendum (https://britishexpats.com/forum/take-outside-67/post-eu-referendum-879308/)

amideislas Nov 12th 2016 2:39 pm

re: Post EU Referendum

There is no imminent implosion. This is merely wishful thinking of the Dicky boy set, and has been for 40 years.

Unfortunately though, as it's now become fashionable to win referendums and elections with lies and gross distortions of the truth, we are now a step closer to precisely that.

I want to believe that EU members know that it's all just a lot of populist nonsense, but I've been surprised by how gullible the electorate is.

Maybe it's limited to the anglosphere, but hey, twice in a row the world has been blindsided by populist fantasies (although admittedly, they've been anglosphere fantasies so far). Worryingly, the consequences haven't quite had a chance to set in yet, so there's a lot more alternate reality that can be sold before things start to get dicey.

We shall see.

EMR Nov 12th 2016 5:17 pm

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly (Post 12102948)
It may come as a bit of a shock to you EMR but the Eu is the ultimate authority since we handed over our sovereignty.

Anyway here's a one that I'm sure will make your day.

Nigel Farage has managed to rewrite history – and now we’re stuck with him forever | The Independent

:rofl:

Another of your many fantasies for which you are well known.,plus your
Reputation for always being behjnd events.
After his almighty cock up yesteday when he referred to Obama as that loathsome creature at the same time he was shaking hands with Trump poor old Nige will be lucky to get a job cleainng the white house loos.
He has already been rejected by the UK electorate and is going to lose his gravy train Mep job.
You could almost feel sorry for the poor old sot, almost!.

Dick Dasterdly Nov 12th 2016 6:08 pm

Originally Posted by amideislas (Post 12103080)
There is no imminent implosion. This is merely wishful thinking of the Dicky boy set, and has been for 40 years.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...tential-crisis

"The European Union is facing an existential crisis, the president of the European commission, Jean-Claude Juncker, will say on Wednesday, as he announces a raft of economic and security plans in the search for common ground in the wake of the British vote to leave.

In his annual state of the union address to the European parliament, Juncker will say commonality between EU member states has never been so low, with governments everywhere quicker to say what they don’t want from Brussels rather than work together."

There you go, straight from the horses mouth,
Or should that be donkeys mouth. :lol:

...and that was before the disastrous Bratislava bust-up were the situation deteriorated from very bad to even worse.

EMR Nov 12th 2016 6:10 pm

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly (Post 12102956)
Bulgaria to QUIT EU? Unrest ahead of election as nation shifts to PUTIN | World | News | Daily Express

"Bulgaria to QUIT EU? Mass unrest ahead of crucial election could see nation shift to PUTIN

BULGARIANS are growing increasingly angry at the EU, with demands growing the nation should quit the crumbling bloc - just 10 years after joining."

Question are you actually capable of reading any of the links you post ?

Dick Dasterdly Nov 12th 2016 6:19 pm

I even read that one above from the Lefties bible,
in Post 8508
:rofl:

EMR Nov 12th 2016 6:21 pm

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly (Post 12103199)

"The European Union is facing an existential crisis, the president of the European commission, Jean-Claude Juncker, will say on Wednesday, as he announces a raft of economic and security plans in the search for common ground in the wake of the British vote to leave.

In his annual state of the union address to the European parliament, Juncker will say commonality between EU member states has never been so low, with governments everywhere quicker to say what they don’t want from Brussels rather than work together."

Or should that be donkeys mouth. :lol:

...and that was before the disastrous Bratislava bust-up were the situation deteriorated from very bad to even worse.

I make that at least three times you posted this opinion which as usual has little basis in fact.

Dick Dasterdly Nov 12th 2016 6:32 pm

Originally Posted by EMR (Post 12103208)
I make that at least three times you posted this opinion which as usual has little basis in fact.

I always thought that Junkers spouted a load of bollox.

Thanks for confirming it. :nod:

EMR Nov 12th 2016 6:34 pm

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly (Post 12103217)
I always thought that Junkers spouted a load of bollox.

Thanks for confirming it. :nod:

Confirming that you are definetly losing touch with reality.

DaveLovesDee Nov 12th 2016 6:44 pm

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly (Post 12103199)

At least this link's only 2 months old.... And somewhat more accurate than usual. But still not quite there.

Juncker - State of the Union address 2016

I've highlighted the most important part you missed out.

Our European Union is, at least in part, in an existential crisis.
Over the summer, I listened carefully to Members of this Parliament, to government representatives, to many national Parliamentarians and to the ordinary Europeans who shared their thoughts with me.
I have witnessed several decades of EU integration. There were many strong moments. Of course, there were many difficult times too, and times of crisis.

But never before have I seen such little common ground between our Member States. So few areas where they agree to work together.
Never before have I heard so many leaders speak only of their domestic problems, with Europe mentioned only in passing, if at all.

Never before have I seen representatives of the EU institutions setting very different priorities, sometimes in direct opposition to national governments and national Parliaments. It is as if there is almost no intersection between the EU and its national capitals anymore.

Never before have I seen national governments so weakened by the forces of populism and paralysed by the risk of defeat in the next elections.
Never before have I seen so much fragmentation, and so little commonality in our Union
Maybe there's hope for you yet! :cool:

morpeth Nov 12th 2016 9:11 pm

Originally Posted by EMR (Post 12103074)
You would not know a real dictatorship from your own rear end.
You should talk to our ex saffers they have first hand knowledge of what it is like to live undef a real white racust dictatorship.

There are dictatorships of every color

EMR Nov 12th 2016 9:30 pm

Originally Posted by morpeth (Post 12103315)
There are dictatorships of every color

Very true but in the minds of some if our brexiters thry are just pure fantasy.

Dick Dasterdly Nov 12th 2016 9:36 pm

Divided European leaders struggle with post-Brexit vision | Reuters

I'm afraid you were a couple of days out of date, Dave.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-37380429

DaveLovesDee Nov 13th 2016 5:03 pm

Not a Brexit story, but a clear example of the level of factual content the Express passes as journalism on occasion.

SHOCK CLAIM: Chemtrails 'will wipe out humans' causing biblical-style floods, says expert

US eco expert Michael Tamez says the little trails of clouds that you see left behind by jet aircraft are more sinister than the average human realises.

And that it's all to do with "Stratospheric Aerosol Geoengineering" that is being kept secret from the public.
Jeez.....

jimenato Nov 13th 2016 5:08 pm

Originally Posted by DaveLovesDee (Post 12103875)
Not a Brexit story, but a clear example of the level of factual content the Express passes as journalism on occasion.

SHOCK CLAIM: Chemtrails 'will wipe out humans' causing biblical-style floods, says expert

Jeez.....

What a load of utter bollocks. I expect Dick believes it. And Gordon.

Annetje Nov 13th 2016 7:15 pm

Originally Posted by DaveLovesDee (Post 12103875)

Jeez.....

Sounds very very Serious !!!!! :rofl::rofl::rofl: