British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Take it Outside! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/take-outside-67/)
-   -   Post EU Referendum (https://britishexpats.com/forum/take-outside-67/post-eu-referendum-879308/)

DaveLovesDee Nov 11th 2016 11:52 pm

re: Post EU Referendum

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly (Post 12102768)
As President of the Eu Commission he has the highest position of authority and responsibility in the Eu.

Along with the President of the EU Council of Ministers and the President of the European Parliament.

You are I believe a citizen of the Eu
As are you too.

and as I understand were prepared to accept the status quo
Not quite. I was prepared to work for change from within the EU. The UK was due to hold the Presidency of the European Union for 6 months from July 2018, until we voted to Leave. This would have put the UK in an excellent position to push for reform.

by voting remain at the referendum.
I did vote Remain, and would do so again. Because it's easier to change what you don't like about something than flouncing off like an idiot.

Vexcore Nov 12th 2016 2:13 am

Originally Posted by DaveLovesDee (Post 12102783)
Along with the President of the EU Council of Ministers and the President of the European Parliament.

As are you too.

Not quite. I was prepared to work for change from within the EU. The UK was due to hold the Presidency of the European Union for 6 months from July 2018, until we voted to Leave. This would have put the UK in an excellent position to push for reform.

I did vote Remain, and would do so again. Because it's easier to change what you don't like about something than flouncing off like an idiot.

Sell the country to the 'Elites' huh?

I always question this... you vote remain yes? why is it hard for you to get round your own head... your own thought that the 'UK WOULD BE KILLED OUT OF THE EU?' ? (we'll blossom out of it)

Many countries not part of the EU get along fine and have their own laws/control/gov (no shitty eu law telling them what they can and cannot do)

Your probs gonna give me some lefty reply so... meh

SultanOfSwing Nov 12th 2016 4:46 am

Originally Posted by Vexcore (Post 12102852)

Citation needed.

Why even ask the questions if you're going to dismiss the answer before it's even given? There are more than a handful of posters who voted leave or supported that decision who are capable of having reasonable, two-way conversations.

Learn from their example.

EMR Nov 12th 2016 6:58 am

I always question this... you vote remain yes? why is it hard for you to get round your own head... your own thought that the 'UK WOULD BE KILLED OUT OF THE EU?' ? (we'll blossom out of it)

Many countries not part of the EU get along fine and have their own laws/control/gov (no shitty eu law telling them what they can and cannot do)

No need for any lofty replies, simple facts posted countless times disprove 99% of your argument.

jimenato Nov 12th 2016 6:58 am

Originally Posted by Vexcore (Post 12102618)
What about scotland? they simply do not want to be part of the 'EUROPEAN UNION'

Yes they do. Rest of post therefore irrelevant and ignored.

EMR Nov 12th 2016 7:29 am

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly (Post 12102746)
Junkie your great and wonderful leader is an absolute Rsole, that's apart from being a total pisshead and as bent as a three quid note.

Never for one moment considers putting his few pickled braincells into motion before mouthing off and putting his foot in it, much like that silly tart from Scotland.

Ah well, if that's what you guys want, you're very welcome to it. :cool:

Really do tell , when did Junkers become PM of the UK.
It would appear Dick that your braincells have become well and truly pickled.

Dick Dasterdly Nov 12th 2016 9:28 am

Originally Posted by EMR (Post 12102916)
Really do tell , when did Junkers become PM of the UK.
It would appear Dick that your braincells have become well and truly pickled.

It may come as a bit of a shock to you EMR but the Eu is the ultimate authority since we handed over our sovereignty.

Anyway here's a one that I'm sure will make your day.

Nigel Farage has managed to rewrite history – and now we’re stuck with him forever | The Independent

:rofl:

Dick Dasterdly Nov 12th 2016 9:35 am

Originally Posted by DaveLovesDee (Post 12102783)

As are you too.

Why do you keep spouting such a load of meaningless garbage ?

You know as well as I do that the positions you refer to are either absolutely meaningless and pointless and simply exist either to con gullible Europhiles like yourself, or else to rubber stamp what the dictatorial unelected Eu Commision has already decided.

DaveLovesDee Nov 12th 2016 9:47 am

I thought they already owned it. Americans just got to vote between a choice of candidates that big business felt will represent their interests best.

I always question this... you vote remain yes? why is it hard for you to get round your own head...
Why is it hard to get what around my head? I believe the EU does much more good than not, and the parts that need fixing or tweaking can be done better from within.

your own thought that the 'UK WOULD BE KILLED OUT OF THE EU?' ? (we'll blossom out of it)
Where did I say or think that? Try using the quote function.

I don't think the UK would do as well out of the EU as they would in it, but the UK is not going to die because we're leaving.

You are correct. There are 195 officially-recognised countries in the world. EU member states account for 28 of them. So 167 countries are not EU member states.

All 195 countries have laws, control and national governments. Those in the EU have agreed a common set of regulations which they all abide by. The UK government has a say in the writing of these laws, and UK MEPs got to vote on these along with everyone else's MEPs.

Wales gets less representation in London than the UK gets in the EU when you compare country and population sizes. At least in the EU, the national leaders or the relevant ministers meet regularly for discussion. I've never heard of the First Ministers of Scotland, Wales and NI getting to have an equal say with the UK PM in the running of the UK.

When you're that far-right, everything else seems lefty.

https://www.politicalcompass.org/images/uk2015.png

The media (hidden behind spoiler due to size)

How politics has changed (hidden behind spoiler due to size)

Dick Dasterdly Nov 12th 2016 9:48 am

Bulgaria to QUIT EU? Unrest ahead of election as nation shifts to PUTIN | World | News | Daily Express

"Bulgaria to QUIT EU? Mass unrest ahead of crucial election could see nation shift to PUTIN

BULGARIANS are growing increasingly angry at the EU, with demands growing the nation should quit the crumbling bloc - just 10 years after joining."

DaveLovesDee Nov 12th 2016 10:02 am

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly (Post 12102952)
Why do you keep spouting such a load of meaningless garbage ?

A large number of posters here understand it perfectly well. I believe the problem is that you don't understand it. Would you like me to use smaller words? Or should I find an English-to-UKIP translator?

You know as well as I do that the positions you refer to are either absolutely meaningless and pointless and simply exist either to con gullible Europhiles like yourself, or else to rubber stamp what the dictatorial unelected Eu Commision has already decided.
I know differently than that. But keep believing whatever you like.

I'd put you on ignore, but I'm trying to pitch an idea for a tv show called 'I'm an Express reader, get me out of the EU'

The Comedy Channel have asked for more details. :cool:

Dick Dasterdly Nov 12th 2016 11:39 am

Originally Posted by DaveLovesDee (Post 12102961)
A large number of posters here understand it perfectly well. I believe the problem is that you don't understand it. Would you like me to use smaller words? Or should I find an English-to-UKIP translator?

I know differently than that. But keep believing whatever you like.

I'd put you on ignore, but I'm trying to pitch an idea for a tv show called 'I'm an Express reader, get me out of the EU'

The Comedy Channel have asked for more details. :cool:

You still live in cloud cuckoo land and prefer to ignore the reality that the Eu is the ultimate dictatorial authority which can overrule the U.K. Parliament and cares not a toss about your opinion or that of millions citizens under its control.

Fortunately that situation is now rapidly changing which is why it is presently in a such a state of chaos or an existential crisis as they prefer to call it themselves. :cool:

DaveLovesDee Nov 12th 2016 12:58 pm

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly (Post 12102989)
You still live in cloud cuckoo land and prefer to ignore the reality that the Eu is the ultimate dictatorial authority which can overrule the U.K. Parliament and cares not a toss about your opinion or that of millions citizens under its control.

Fortunately that situation is now rapidly changing which is why it is presently in a such a state of chaos or an existential crisis as they prefer to call it themselves. :cool:

You believe what you want to, I'll believe what I want to.

The EU is actually more democratic than the UK.

Red Eric Nov 12th 2016 2:29 pm

It's odd, Dick but this dictatorial authority doesn't seem to be bothering quite a number of countries which actually know from historical experience about such things.

If I may cite Portugal (one of the Western European countries which suffered a long and harsh dictatorship, from which it only emerged in the mid 1970s and whose effects are still very much in evidence here), I heard some stats about support for membership of the EU and membership of the euro currency on the radio this morning and acording to the latest opinion poll, there has been no effect whatsoever on the strength of either following the UK's little tantrum. Just imagine that - they know now exactly how easy it would be to withdraw - and blow me, they don't want to!

If anything ought to be bothering the euro-using nations, it should, in my opinion, be membership of the single currency and yet in all of the original 12 eurozone member states the support for it, after a little wavering during the aftermath of the 2008 financial crash has returned to be steady at around its initial support level.

Public support for the euro | VOX, CEPR’s Policy Portal

And with regard to support for the EU as a whole, it's higher even than that very solid support for being in the Eurozone. And this, as far as I know, is replicated across the Eurozone, including all of those countries which suffered the so-called bailouts (and yes, that even includes Greece).

So where, apart from in Daily Express headlines, is this imminent implosion?

EMR Nov 12th 2016 2:32 pm

You would not know a real dictatorship from your own rear end.
You should talk to our ex saffers they have first hand knowledge of what it is like to live undef a real white racust dictatorship.