British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Take it Outside! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/take-outside-67/)
-   -   Post EU Referendum (https://britishexpats.com/forum/take-outside-67/post-eu-referendum-879308/)

amideislas Nov 9th 2016 4:59 pm

re: Post EU Referendum

Originally Posted by la mancha (Post 12100265)
You haven’t got a clue as to how long a trade deal will take. You haven’t got a clue as to what form a trade with the EU will take. You haven’t got a clue as to how the world and the European Union and its member states will look this time next year. You haven’t got a clue as to why people voted for Brexit. In fact, you just haven’t got a clue.

The whole populist movement? Is this populist movement made up of solitary groups? Is it a cross-border, cross-continental movement? Are they linked? Is it some sort of ‘take over’ movement? What is it exactly?

It is you who are yesterday's people.

Huh? Where do you get this stuff?

Trade deals take many years. There are many stakeholders. There are more actors than just a couple of foreign ministers. This is a democracy, they can't just make a deal and impose their will. Don't oversimplify it. India also be could take 5 years. As could all the others.

By the way, can you explain how "trade deals" will somehow save Britain from its fate as a modest island nation?

But don't take my word for it. Look at history. That may not suit you, but it's not my problem. It's yours.

Why is it that those who have the least understanding of what they're talking about are always the first to accuse everyone else of it?

SultanOfSwing Nov 9th 2016 4:59 pm

Originally Posted by la mancha (Post 12100275)
WGAF?

Aww, did I hurt your widdwe fee-fees?

la mancha Nov 9th 2016 5:03 pm

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing (Post 12100279)
Aww, did I hurt your widdwe fee-fees?

Now you are being childish. And WTF is a fee-fee?

la mancha Nov 9th 2016 5:05 pm

Originally Posted by amideislas (Post 12100277)
Huh? Where do you get this stuff?

Trade deals take many years. There are many stakeholders. There are more actors than just a couple of foreign ministers. This is a democracy, they can't just make a deal and impose their will. Don't oversimplify it. India also be could take 5 years. As could all the others.

By the way, can you explain how "trade deals" will somehow save Britain from its fate as a modest island nation?

But don't take my word for it. Look at history. That may not suit you, but it's not my problem. It's yours.

Why is it that those who have the least understanding of what they're talking about are always the first to accuse everyone else of it?

We are all in uncharted territory. No one knows tomorrow. It is you who quotes yesterday.

SultanOfSwing Nov 9th 2016 5:05 pm

Originally Posted by la mancha (Post 12100283)
Now you are being childish. And WTF is a fee-fee?

Google broken now, is it?

la mancha Nov 9th 2016 5:08 pm

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing (Post 12100286)
Google broken now, is it?

I don't know. You'd better ask them.

SultanOfSwing Nov 9th 2016 5:11 pm

Originally Posted by la mancha (Post 12100289)
I don't know. You'd better ask them.

Brilliant comeback. Mind blowing.

la mancha Nov 9th 2016 5:13 pm

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing (Post 12100292)

You’re quite a nice bloke really. By the way, WTF is a widdwe?

SultanOfSwing Nov 9th 2016 5:14 pm

Originally Posted by la mancha (Post 12100295)
You’re quite a nice bloke really. By the way, WTF is a widdwe?

It's fake baby talk, it means little. Come on, you should have got that one.

lutonlad Nov 9th 2016 5:16 pm

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing (Post 12100292)

Ever thought about starting a pointless-random-comment thread?

SultanOfSwing Nov 9th 2016 5:17 pm

Originally Posted by lutonlad (Post 12100298)
Ever thought about starting a pointless-random-comment thread?

We're already posting in one.

amideislas Nov 9th 2016 5:17 pm

Originally Posted by la mancha (Post 12100285)
We are all in uncharted territory. No one knows tomorrow. It is you who quotes yesterday.

What's changed that would make it possible for say, Liam Fox to forge a trade deal with without consulting anyone in political parties, business, or parliament, just on his own gut instinct, sign it all into law, and tell Britain it now just has to live with it? Surely would make the process simpler and faster, wouldn't it? Tell me, please.

But, considering the arrogance the government has exhibited so far, perhaps they no longer need to consider the rest of the country in decisions like that. Especially considering the desperation to throw something together in a small fraction of the time it would normally require. After all, Brexit means Brexit.Tick tock.

la mancha Nov 9th 2016 5:19 pm

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing (Post 12100296)
It's fake baby talk, it means little. Come on, you should have got that one.

In my day it was eentsy-teensy. There again, it could have been my grandma’s loose false teeth making a hash of it.

SultanOfSwing Nov 9th 2016 5:19 pm

Originally Posted by la mancha (Post 12100301)
In my day it was eentsy-teensy. There again, it could have been my grandma’s loose false teeth making a hash of it.

You're getting all bogged down in semantics, it was supposed to be annoyingly patronising. I think it served its purpose.

la mancha Nov 9th 2016 5:20 pm

Originally Posted by amideislas (Post 12100300)
What's changed that would make it possible for say, Liam Fox to forge a trade deal with without consulting anyone in political parties, business, or parliament, just on his own gut instinct, sign it all into law, and tell Britain it now just has to live with it? Surely would make the process simpler and faster, wouldn't it? Tell me, please.

But, considering the arrogance the government has exhibited so far, perhaps they no longer need to consider the rest of the country in decisions like that. Especially considering the desperation to throw something together in a small fraction of the time it would normally require. After all, Brexit means Brexit.

See what I mean? Clueless.