British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Take it Outside! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/take-outside-67/)
-   -   Post EU Referendum (https://britishexpats.com/forum/take-outside-67/post-eu-referendum-879308/)

amideislas Nov 9th 2016 11:13 am

re: Post EU Referendum

Originally Posted by paulry (Post 12099797)
So you lot are are so devoid of rational arguments and having cried yourselves silly about brexit, all you can do now is bully those those who have a different opinion. True colours. :thumbdown:

Sorry, but there has yet to be one single <rational> argument from the brexit side which would convincingly illustrate any upside for anyone. So far, it's all been dreamy-eyed optimism that flies in the face of all reality.

Dick Dasterdly Nov 9th 2016 11:23 am

So you lot are are so devoid of rational arguments and having cried yourselves silly about brexit, all you can do now is bully those those who have a different opinion. True colours. :thumbdown:

Par for the course.

No doubt now they'll all be demanding a rerun. ;) :lol:

EMR Nov 9th 2016 11:28 am

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly (Post 12099830)
Par for the course.

No doubt now they'll all be demanding a rerun. ;) :lol:

Trade gap widens as UK exporters struggle and higher import costs impact the economy due to fall in sterling.

Dick, is this 1) Merkels fault.
2) Nothing to do with the brexit vote but still Merkels fault.
3 ) Due to rising costs following the fall in sterling and Merkels fault..

The only posters who keep mentioning a rerun are you and your fellow ultras.

Bipat Nov 9th 2016 11:44 am

Originally Posted by amideislas (Post 12099810)
Sorry, but there has yet to be one single <rational> argument from the brexit side which would convincingly illustrate any upside for anyone. So far, it's all been dreamy-eyed optimism that flies in the face of all reality.

If you insist on thinking only of the negatives and ignoring anything positive!

See post 8312. One billion pounds worth of deals signed in two days. Post Brexit there will be far more.

EMR Nov 9th 2016 11:52 am

Originally Posted by Bipat (Post 12099860)
If you insist on thinking only of the negatives and ignoring anything positive!

See post 8312. One billion pounds worth of deals signed in two days. Post Brexit there will be far more.

Deals that only benefit those companies who are global players, not much benefit to the UK.
UK government policy on solar has decimated the industry, in the UK yet our government is subsidising the Indian solar industry.
How is this good news for the UK
May wants to deport nearly 40,000 illegal immigrants, she has to sweeten the pill for Modi.
By the way deals cannot be signed until after brexit.

My fear and belief as proven to date is that so called trade deals are just a smokescreen and will be of little benefit to the real UK economy.

paulry Nov 9th 2016 12:13 pm

:cool: So it looks like now we're going to be at the front of the queue for any US trade deal :thumbsup:

....Poor Ami :(

EMR Nov 9th 2016 12:17 pm

Originally Posted by paulry (Post 12099893)
:cool: So it looks like now we're going to be at the front of the queue for any US trade deal :thumbsup:

Where did youdream that one up.
Trump does not want any trade deal that does not prioritise and benefit the US above everyone else.
We may be at the front if the queue, Liam Fox on his knees grovelling for any scraps that Trump throws his way

Dick Dasterdly Nov 9th 2016 12:23 pm

The outraged reaction at today's result is beginning to look like the Brexit lefty meltdown times ten. :rofl:

Dick Dasterdly Nov 9th 2016 12:24 pm

Originally Posted by paulry (Post 12099893)

My heart bleeds for her. :rofl:

paulry Nov 9th 2016 12:31 pm

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly (Post 12099907)
The outraged reaction at today's result is beginning to look like the Brexit lefty meltdown times ten. :rofl:

:thumbsup: I'm loving it! :lol:

Bipat Nov 9th 2016 12:32 pm

Originally Posted by EMR (Post 12099867)
Deals that only benefit those companies who are global players, not much benefit to the UK.
UK government policy on solar has decimated the industry, in the UK yet our government is subsidising the Indian solar industry.
How is this good news for the UK
May wants to deport nearly 40,000 illegal immigrants, she has to sweeten the pill for Modi.
By the way deals cannot be signed until after brexit.

My fear and belief as proven to date is that so called trade deals are just a smokescreen and will be of little benefit to the real UK economy.

Read the link!
Your usual --hope for failure--negativity!
Do you really think deals are signed for a smoke screen? Explain your proof.

There is no problem for India taking back illegal immigrants, the problem is for the UK to locate them and comply with ECJ rulings.
(India is far more efficient --discovered or try to leave and one day over your visa --you are in jail for the night--).

EMR Nov 9th 2016 12:51 pm

Originally Posted by Bipat (Post 12099914)
Read the link!
Your usual --hope for failure--negativity!
Do you really think deals are signed for a smoke screen? Explain your proof.

There is no problem for India taking back illegal immigrants, the problem is for the UK to locate them and comply with ECJ rulings.
(India is far more efficient --discovered or try to leave and one day over your visa --you are in jail for the night--).

When will you get it, brexit was sold to the UK on the basis that it would rebuild the UK economy.
Restore jobs to areas which have lost their traditional industries.
Uk global players investing overseas does not do that , in fact the opposite could happen.
I do not give a fig for Indias immigration rules, this is the UK.
May has deliver on her promises to cut immigration, to deport illegals or she will be in trouble.
I doubt for one minute your press will be happy to see plane loads of returning illegals arriving unless Modi gives the nod that its OK ,we are getting millions of investment from the UK in return.
The proof will be the effect on UK employment , industry etc.

la mancha Nov 9th 2016 1:09 pm

Originally Posted by EMR (Post 12099928)
When will you get it, brexit was sold to the UK on the basis that it would rebuild the UK economy.
Restore jobs to areas which have lost their traditional industries.

Uk global players investing overseas does not do that , in fact the opposite could happen.
I do not give a fig for Indias immigration rules, this is the UK.
May has deliver on her promises to cut immigration, to deport illegals or she will be in trouble.
I doubt for one minute your press will be happy to see plane loads of returning illegals arriving unless Modi gives the nod that its OK ,we are getting millions of investment from the UK in return.
The proof will be the effect on UK employment , industry etc.

No it was not.

Red Eric Nov 9th 2016 1:29 pm

Not at all paulry.

The thing is, Dick isn't expressing an opinion at all. What he's doing is dumping link after link to the Express's distorted versions of events which have absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with the title of this thread.

Apart from the fact that, by and large, Dick is being treated with far more courtesy than he deserves over this, he has been shown time and again how wrong those articles are. And don't bother trotting out the "shoot the messenger and sweep his head under the pillow" nonsense all over again because it's nothing to do with that. I have shown, just this morning and yet again how inaccurate these "reports" are and so have a number of other posters taken the trouble to on numerous other occasions. I know there are some who simply rubbish the source but that is different.

Anyway, don't let it bother you. You have an orgy of celebrating to indulge in and a competition to see who can say "lefty" the most times today to be won. Carry on.

paulry Nov 9th 2016 1:43 pm

Originally Posted by Red Eric (Post 12099960)
Not at all paulry.

The thing is, Dick isn't expressing an opinion at all. What he's doing is dumping link after link to the Express's distorted versions of events which have absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with the title of this thread.

Apart from the fact that, by and large, Dick is being treated with far more courtesy than he deserves over this, he has been shown time and again how wrong those articles are. And don't bother trotting out the "shoot the messenger and sweep his head under the pillow" nonsense all over again because it's nothing to do with that. I have shown, just this morning and yet again how inaccurate these "reports" are and so have a number of other posters taken the trouble to on numerous other occasions. I know there are some who simply rubbish the source but that is different.

Anyway, don't let it bother you. You have an orgy of celebrating to indulge in and a competition to see who can say "lefty" the most times today to be won. Carry on.

So what is my count for the usage of that word so far today then?