British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Take it Outside! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/take-outside-67/)
-   -   Post EU Referendum (https://britishexpats.com/forum/take-outside-67/post-eu-referendum-879308/)

amideislas Nov 8th 2016 7:13 am

re: Post EU Referendum
 
That's the problem. Not a clue. "Brexit means Brexit". Meaningless, especially considering it hasn't so far.

Red Eric Nov 8th 2016 7:14 am

re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by paulry (Post 12098452)

Originally Posted by Red Eric (Post 12098447)
So where do you stand on paying a fee to retain access to parts of the single market? And how about the customs union - in or out?

As Ami will repeatedly tell you. Brexit is Brexit. The full McCoy.

So no and out on those 2 then or it's not a full Brexit?

I suppose I ought to congratulate you for having found a couple of items which actually are related to the UK's membership of the EU to use as a test.

EMR Nov 8th 2016 7:16 am

re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by paulry (Post 12098452)
As Ami will repeatedly tell you. Brexit is Brexit. The full McCoy.

What is the real McCoy, details please your fellow saffer has posed his medieval response.
What is yours ?

Red Eric Nov 8th 2016 7:32 am

re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by mfesharne (Post 12098071)

Originally Posted by Red Eric (Post 12098059)
And I disagree with you.

The matter of the ECHR has been discussed time and again with you and you simply refuse to acknowledge the facts, which are that the UK could have remained in the EU and dropped out of the Convention and that it is highly unlikely to do so post Brexit because there is a significant opposition to doing so within Conservative ranks.

I don't know how you could possibly disagree with me about asylum - the UK ploughs its own furrow on that one as it has an opt out from any EU regulations. That is a fact.

I disagree that the UK can't have "a proper border control force that is effective" while it remains in the EU - does it not already have one and if not, what is preventing that?

I'll give you FOM and a possible on the fisheries but I bet there's far more to that in the end than simply saying the UK can now do as it pleases.

Time will tell how it all pans out but I'll live in hope. ;)

Indeed - and you may get some of your wishes.

However, to claim that because they happen post Brexit, it must have been membership of the EU that prevented them happening before would be daft.

You might as well say you want stricter film censorship and the privatisation of the BBC and then claim if they happen that it was thanks to Brexit.

jimenato Nov 8th 2016 7:35 am

re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by amideislas (Post 12098453)
That's the problem. Not a clue. "Brexit means Brexit". Meaningless, especially considering it hasn't so far.

Absolutely - not a clue. They don't know what they voted for - they don't know why, they have no clue whatever about the consequences of the referendum and they don't care. Shouldn't let people like this have a vote.

(However peeps, you do realise paulry and mfesharne are just trolling don't you? :sneaky:)

Bipat Nov 8th 2016 7:59 am

re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by jimenato (Post 12098463)
Absolutely - not a clue. They don't know what they voted for - they don't know why, they have no clue whatever about the consequences of the referendum and they don't care. Shouldn't let people like this have a vote.

(However peeps, you do realise paulry and mfesharne are just trolling don't you? :sneaky:)

You are not "trolling"??
I know what I voted for.

What negotiations eventually achieve we will find out when Brexit happens. It is unlikely everyone will get what the want, the same at every general election, it is only one vote per person!

Red Eric Nov 8th 2016 8:08 am

re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by Bipat (Post 12098473)
What negotiations eventually achieve we will find out when Brexit happens.

Surely though, if Brexit is as clear-cut as paulry suggests the outcome would be a foregone conclusion?

paulry Nov 8th 2016 8:15 am

re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by Red Eric (Post 12098478)
Surely though, if Brexit is as clear-cut as paulry suggests the outcome would be a foregone conclusion?

It's only clear cut to Brexiteers. Remainiacs are still in denial and as such are clinging onto the hope that a half-way Brexit can somehow take place instead.

Red Eric Nov 8th 2016 8:17 am

re: Post EU Referendum
 
It doesn't seem to be clear-cut to Bipat and she's a Brexiteer. She's waiting on the outcome of the negotiations before she decides what it all meant. So's mfesharne.

EMR Nov 8th 2016 8:26 am

re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by paulry (Post 12098482)
It's only clear cut to Brexiteers. Remainiacs are still in denial and as such are clinging onto the hope that a half-way Brexit can somehow take place instead.

Its just leaving the EU, simples, Paulry has spoken.

Vexcore Nov 8th 2016 8:33 am

re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by EMR (Post 12098488)
Its just leaving the EU, simples, Paulry has spoken.

Scared much? (seems like it)

jimenato Nov 8th 2016 8:36 am

re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by paulry (Post 12098482)
It's only clear cut to Brexiteers. Remainiacs are still in denial and as such are clinging onto the hope that a half-way Brexit can somehow take place instead.

You keep saying this. If we leave the EU Brexit will have been achieved. Even if we were to have an arrangement where we retain some or all of the four freedoms - if we are out we are out. You must try to understand that. Unless you come to terms with it you are almost certainly going to end up very disappointed.

We all know that Brexit will be watered down - but it will nevertheless be Brexit - we will no longer be members of the EU.

EMR Nov 8th 2016 8:38 am

re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by Vexcore (Post 12098491)
Scared much? (seems like it)

You obviously have not been following the thread.
There is not one remainer on here who thinks that the UK will not be leaving the EU.
Its your fellow brexiters who are getting alarmed at the thought that a non EU, UK is all that will happen..

Bipat Nov 8th 2016 8:41 am

re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by Red Eric (Post 12098484)
It doesn't seem to be clear-cut to Bipat and she's a Brexiteer. She's waiting on the outcome of the negotiations before she decides what it all meant. So's mfesharne.

No, I know what it all meant.
What can be achieved in negotiations is never known until they are complete.
As I said it is rare to get everything you want, negotiation is also compromise to some extent, but all have a 'bottom line'.

As individuals we cannot now influence the outcome, however much time we waste posting on BE!!

Vexcore Nov 8th 2016 8:44 am

re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by EMR (Post 12098494)
You obviously have not been following the thread.
There is not one remainer on here who thinks that the UK will not be leaving the EU.
Its your fellow brexiters who are getting alarmed at the thought that a non EU, UK is all that will happen..

Oh believe me old boy, we are leaving.

Calm your tits and go play some golf.


All times are GMT. The time now is 5:05 am.

Powered by vBulletin: ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.