British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Take it Outside! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/take-outside-67/)
-   -   Post EU Referendum (https://britishexpats.com/forum/take-outside-67/post-eu-referendum-879308/)

EMR Nov 7th 2016 7:48 am

re: Post EU Referendum

Originally Posted by paulry (Post 12097565)
Do catch up. "it" being voters repeatedly suckered into voting for scheming lying politicians.

But what changes do you think will change that ?

Bipat Nov 7th 2016 8:00 am

Just as I said ---Theresa May states there will be reduction in visa restrictions for Indian business people.
India announced similar reduction recently----it is always reciprocal between the two countries.

Theresa May loosens visa constraints for wealthy Indians - ITV News

Theresa May: India is Britain's 'most important and closest' friend: Theresa May

(I don't know why she is wearing that yellow skirt again??
Other news reports --no need to put a link:lol:)

Apologies it is a coat!
http://www.zimbio.com/photos/Narendr...on/pr-gBcB9G3J

EMR Nov 7th 2016 8:22 am

Originally Posted by Bipat (Post 12097579)
Just as I said ---Theresa May states there will be reduction in visa restrictions for Indian business people.
India announced similar reduction recently----it is always reciprocal between the two countries.

Theresa May: India is Britain's 'most important and closest' friend: Theresa May

Other news reports --no need to put a link:lol:)

Apologies it is a coat!
Narendra Modi Photos Photos - Theresa May Takes a British Trade Delegation to India - Day 1 - Zimbio

Do read the details in the UK press and BBC.
May is introducing a fast entry lane for selected visa holders at Heathrow.
Very wealthy applicants will be given a fast track in their Visa applications.
There is NO relaxation in the conditions relating to granting visas and no increase in the numbers .

This is the news as reported in the UK.
O leary CEO of Ryan air who have reported their latest profits today in a TV interview asked why May was in India instead of dealing with the brexit negotiations.
She obviously has got her priorities wrong.

Red Eric Nov 7th 2016 8:27 am

Interesting debate scheduled for Parliament today in which the impact leaving the EU will have on employment law.

https://www.theguardian.com/law/2016/nov/07/doubts-cast-on-theresa-mays-pledge-to-protect-workers-rights-post-brexit

There you go, Brexiters. What do you reckon - beef up workers' rights or water them down?

What changes would you like to see and why?

Bipat Nov 7th 2016 8:38 am

Originally Posted by EMR (Post 12097588)
Do read the details in the UK press and BBC.
May is introducing a fast entry lane for selected visa holders at Heathrow.
Very wealthy applicants will be given a fast track in their Visa applications.
There is NO relaxation in the conditions relating to granting visas and no increase in the numbers .

This is the news as reported in the UK.

You only read the bits that you want, don't you.
My link was ITV news (I know you distrust anything 'foreign').

It is not about numbers, it is about admitting those that are useful to the UK.
If you had any knowledge about the difficulties in the process of getting visas to the UK for Indian people you would know the importance of these changes.

Just as the recent changes in visas for wealthy UK business persons into India. I presume you have read all about that?

PRESS CONFERENCE NOW GOING ON--will update you further.

EMR Nov 7th 2016 8:45 am

Originally Posted by Bipat (Post 12097605)
You only read the bits that you want, don't you.
My link was ITV news (I know you distrust anything 'foreign').

It is not about numbers, it is about admitting those that are useful to the UK.
If you had any knowledge about the difficulties in the process of getting visas to the UK for Indian people you would know the importance of these changes.

Just as the recent changes in visas for wealthy UK business persons into India. I presume you have read all about that?

PRESS CONFERENCE NOW GOING ON--will update you further.

What changes in visas, as reported on BBC the government will set up a department to deal with the applications, of the very wealthy , NO change in the qualifying regulations.
They will be able to jump the queue, thats all.
There are no other changes other than being able to use a fast lane at heathrow for regular travellers on business who already hold visas.
BBC also reported that UK visa regs could be a stumbling block in the discussions.
For those who voted Brexit, its all about numbers of immigrants, nothing else.

lutonlad Nov 7th 2016 9:30 am

Originally Posted by EMR (Post 12097610)
What changes in visas, as reported on BBC the government will set up a department to deal with the applications, of the very wealthy , NO change in the qualifying regulations.
There are no other changes other than being able to use a fast lane at heathrow for regular travellers on business who already hold visas.
BBC also reported that UK visa regs could be a stumbling block in the discussions.

That is an outrageous and bigoted remark even by your low standards. You think you know everything about those who voted for Brexit. What the f*** do you know. As far as you're concerned, everyone who disagrees with you are right wing racists. No room for moderation in your bubble.

As a 'moderate' leaver I fully support immigration that is 100% decided by the UK Govt.

Bipat Nov 7th 2016 9:36 am

Originally Posted by EMR (Post 12097610)

For those who voted for Brexit---controlled immigration was one
of the points.

Very good press conference, good speech from both PMs. I will put a link when this is available.
Two trade deals already signed. Discussions will be held about how to ease visa problems, in both countries. Nine out of ten student visa applications are successful.

Could you actually answer the questions I have put before.
Why are you wanting trade deals with India to fail?
Why are you so Xenophobic as to distrust foreign news reports, even when the British PM is speaking!!?

Brexit will happen; the future is global not just trade with Europe.

(Full link for Joint press conference still not available-- It did happen I watched it:lol::lol:)

paulry Nov 7th 2016 9:37 am

Originally Posted by lutonlad (Post 12097642)
That is an outrageous and bigoted remark even by your low standards. You think you know everything about those who voted for Brexit. What the f*** do you know. As far as you're concerned, everyone who disagrees with you are right wing racists. No room for moderation in your bubble.

As a 'moderate' leaver I fully support immigration that is 100% decided by the UK Govt.

And a government that honestly executes the will of those who elected it.

lutonlad Nov 7th 2016 9:40 am

Originally Posted by Bipat (Post 12097646)
of the points.

Very good press conference, good speech from both PMs. I will put a link when this is available.
Two trade deals already signed. Discussions will be held about how to ease visa problems, in both countries. Nine out of ten student visa applications are successful.

Why are you so Xenophobic as to distrust foreign news reports, even when the British PM is speaking!!?

No doubt TM will be able to agree to much more with India once the EU is off our back (if ever).

EMR Nov 7th 2016 9:44 am

Originally Posted by lutonlad (Post 12097642)

You obviously have not seen the street interviews with brexit voters, or read the so called popular press.
I stand by my comment.
Immigration was the factor that swung the brexit vote.
Listen to any brexit politician , what is the first thing you hear, " take back control of our borders ". Reduce the numbers arriiving in the UK.
What has May committed herself to , bringing down nett migratiom to a few tens thousands ( an impossible task ).
Even in areas of low immigration impact, brexit won and when questioned voters stated that it was immigration that influenced them.
If numbers do not fall substantially then just wait for the backlash from the brexit side of the debate.

EMR Nov 7th 2016 9:50 am

Originally Posted by Bipat (Post 12097646)
of the points.

(Full link for Joint press conference still not available-- It did happen I watched it:lol::lol:)

FOR THE 20th TIME.
I want trade deals that benefit the UK, that leads to an increase in the numbers employed in the UK and improves their status in life.
If a trade deal does not do that then it is not worth the paper it is written on.
Trade deals should be quid pro quo, the UK should only open its markets to countries that open theirs to UK products and services.
If one party still wants tarrifs then so should the other.

It has got nothing to do with India, the same applies to Aus, or NZ or outer mongolia.

By the way, the majority of our trade is already global,

mfesharne Nov 7th 2016 9:52 am

Originally Posted by Red Eric (Post 12097597)
Interesting debate scheduled for Parliament today in which the impact leaving the EU will have on employment law.

https://www.theguardian.com/law/2016/nov/07/doubts-cast-on-theresa-mays-pledge-to-protect-workers-rights-post-brexit

There you go, Brexiters. What do you reckon - beef up workers' rights or water them down?

What changes would you like to see and why?

I'd be inclined to change a few rather than go wholly one way or 'tother.

I'd make zero hours illegal & introduce a livable minimum wage but also make it easier for an employer to ditch an undesirable employee.

I'd also look carefully at benefits such child benefit because I find it extremely distasteful that some can 'farm' children so they don't have to work.

I'm sure it'll be unpopular here with some but as I see it, if people want to have children they should pay for them themselves.

DaveLovesDee Nov 7th 2016 10:06 am

Originally Posted by Bipat (Post 12097579)

From your link;

Theresa May has announced new passport and visa schemes to make it easier for businessmen from India to come to the UK.
A small number of "high net worth" individuals and their families will be allowed access to the Great Club arrangement to smooth the process of applying for a visa.
Meanwhile, thousands of executives
will be able to fast track through UK airports by taking advantage of the Registered Traveller Scheme.
The Prime Minister has, however, signalled to India that she will not be pressured into easing restrictions for student and work visas, saying there is already a "good system" for applications.
So it's only going to change things for maybe 5% of Indian visa applicants.

Other news reports --no need to put a link:lol:)Apologies it is a coat!
Narendra Modi Photos Photos - Theresa May Takes a British Trade Delegation to India - Day 1 - Zimbio
How the hell is what she wears relevent? Unless it's deliberately culturally insensitive.

Bipat Nov 7th 2016 10:14 am

Originally Posted by EMR (Post 12097656)
FOR THE 20th TIME.
I want trade deals that benefit the UK, that leads to an increase in the numbers employed in the UK and improves their status in life.
If a trade deal does not do that then it is not worth the paper it is written on.
Trade deals should be quid pro quo, the UK should only open its markets to countries that open theirs to UK products and services.
If one party still wants tarrifs then so should the other.

It has got nothing to do with India, the same applies to Aus, or NZ or outer mongolia.

By the way, the majority of our trade is already global,

WHY do you assume this will not happen????? India is the third biggest creator of jobs in the UK, and very close to France the second, don't you see this will INCREASE. Why do you think Theresa May is here?

It is obvious that trade deals are two-way--how many times have I said it.
Are you expecting 'charity'?

You really are prejudiced about non-EU countries:lol::lol: